Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 2 Open For Business and Sim City 4 on Windows 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 Open For Business and Sim City 4 on Windows 7 Empty Sims 2 Open For Business and Sim City 4 on Windows 7

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jun 2014, 22:47

I'm one of a dying breed who would rather play the Sims 2 than the Sims 3. I own every expansion and stuff pack for PC, and on my previous computer, they were all installed and the game ran smoothly.

However, my previous computer ran Windows XP. This computer is more recent, and it runs Windows 7. I've successfully installed, along with the base game, University, Nightlife and Apartment Life, but I'm unable to install my favorite of the expansion packs, Open For Business. I've attempted to install it, and I've even followed online guidelines on how to get it to work, but it only made the disc less readable, and now my PC doesn't even recognize the disc when it's inserted. I have a feeling this disc is a lost cause, but if I were to purchase another game disc, would it make any difference, and if so, what might I be able to do to get the expansion to install and run properly?

My other question is regarding another of my favorite games that has refused to install on my Windows 7 PC ever since I replaced my old computer. Every time I put the Sim City 4 disc in, it will give me the option to Run Autorun, but that's where the installation process always comes to a halt. I have not been able to play this game in three years now. Is there anything I can do so this disc will work properly on my PC?

If anyone has any insight on either of these inquiries, that would be most beneficial.

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 Open For Business and Sim City 4 on Windows 7 Empty Re: Sims 2 Open For Business and Sim City 4 on Windows 7

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Jun 2014, 00:12

Repo Man wrote:I'm one of a dying breed who would rather play the Sims 2 than the Sims 3. I own every expansion and stuff pack for PC, and on my previous computer, they were all installed and the game ran smoothly.

However, my previous computer ran Windows XP. This computer is more recent, and it runs Windows 7. I've successfully installed, along with the base game, University, Nightlife and Apartment Life, but I'm unable to install my favorite of the expansion packs, Open For Business. I've attempted to install it, and I've even followed online guidelines on how to get it to work, but it only made the disc less readable, and now my PC doesn't even recognize the disc when it's inserted. I have a feeling this disc is a lost cause, but if I were to purchase another game disc, would it make any difference, and if so, what might I be able to do to get the expansion to install and run properly?

My other question is regarding another of my favorite games that has refused to install on my Windows 7 PC ever since I replaced my old computer. Every time I put the Sim City 4 disc in, it will give me the option to Run Autorun, but that's where the installation process always comes to a halt. I have not been able to play this game in three years now. Is there anything I can do so this disc will work properly on my PC?

If anyone has any insight on either of these inquiries, that would be most beneficial.

//MOVED

Hello,

About The Sims 2...if your physical disc is too damaged, you might have to re-download a pirated version of that game. There used to be a Sims 2 release from Games4TheWorld too, but it was removed, since (I assume) there are/were lots of problems with that game on Windows Vista/7/8. 

That said, the best suggestion I can make, for now, is that you download a Sims 2 compilation from Piratebay called "The Sims 2 Double deluxe", by the uploader "XP1" (I can't post the link here, but I'm sure you'll find it on your own).

Also, for more elaborate install instructions, check out my descriptions in the following (older) topic: 

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16036-the-sims-2-double-deluxe-solved#113014

About SimCity4, if you want, try downloading it from G4TW:

http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Installation instructions are included. If you need more help with that, please open a separate topic, here. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 Open For Business and Sim City 4 on Windows 7 Empty Re: Sims 2 Open For Business and Sim City 4 on Windows 7

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 00:39

For Open For Business, I'm not sure if it's a problem with the disc or with the program itself. It's not an uncommon problem apparently that this particular expansion has trouble installing on Windows 7 computers, and the disc was perfectly readable until I followed someone's "helpful" advice from a different site. It would have worked in theory, but the process froze--and I left it idle for over 24 hours--and I couldn't recover the game.

I will not be downloading anything from any site. Not from this one, and especially not from piratebay. I tried to download Sim City 4 from the link you gave me, and I didn't get any game file, but I've just spend the past 15 minutes removing malware from my computer that did download upon clicking the download link from torcache.net. There's still one program I can't uninstall, and I'm going to have to look into how to remove it properly.

If there's anything I can do to adjust my settings or something along those lines so that these games will play on my PC, that would be very helpful to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Jun 2014, 00:47

Repo Man wrote:For Open For Business, I'm not sure if it's a problem with the disc or with the program itself. It's not an uncommon problem apparently that this particular expansion has trouble installing on Windows 7 computers, and the disc was perfectly readable until I followed someone's "helpful" advice from a different site. It would have worked in theory, but the process froze--and I left it idle for over 24 hours--and I couldn't recover the game.

I will not be downloading anything from any site. Not from this one, and especially not from piratebay. I tried to download Sim City 4 from the link you gave me, and I didn't get any game file, but I've just spend the past 15 minutes removing malware from my computer that did download upon clicking the download link from torcache.net. There's still one program I can't uninstall, and I'm going to have to look into how to remove it properly.

If there's anything I can do to adjust my settings or something along those lines so that these games will play on my PC, that would be very helpful to know.

I'm sorry to hear that you seemingly damaged your disc, but if you don't want to pirate the game, then you'll have to buy a new disc. And even then, I can't tell whether it will work on Windows 7. The Sims 2 compilation I am using works fine, not only for me, but for many others too. 

As a note: it's impossible that you got malware from the G4TW site I linked to, when I mentioned SimCity4. I downloaded it myself with no issues. And there aren't any other users reporting issues with any G4TW releases. But again, if you don't want to pirate stuff, it's fine - and your decision. Keep in mind though that there isn't much else I can suggest then.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 01:26

You didn't get malware from the torcache site? That's strange. It's all I got. I've spent the past hour removing files such as TornTV (two of them), InstallFilter64, SearchProtect, globalUpdate, and about 15 other suspicious files that all popped today right after I clicked the download link from torcache. Since this is the only site I've downloaded anything from today or any time in the past couple weeks, it seems impossible that the malware could have come from anywhere else.

But that's beside the point. I've removed all of it that I can find. I'll consider buying a new game disc for Open For Business, although I'm still not convinced that it will install any better than the first one did. The other Sims 2 games I've installed work just fine on Windows 7. It's a shame Open For Business can't be like the others.

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 Open For Business and Sim City 4 on Windows 7 Empty magnet links

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 15:40

You know that you can also use magnet links (Sims 2 Open For Business and Sim City 4 on Windows 7 Icon-magnet)?
Most torrent clients support this nowadays, and most websites too (including G4TW, PirateBay and KickAssTorrents)
I use it all the time, because I hate websites like torcache (btw, torcache is also marked as dangerous by McAfee SiteAdvisor)

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 11 Jun 2014, 02:52

Repo Man wrote:You didn't get malware from the torcache site? That's strange. It's all I got. I've spent the past hour removing files such as TornTV (two of them), InstallFilter64, SearchProtect, globalUpdate, and about 15 other suspicious files that all popped today right after I clicked the download link from torcache. Since this is the only site I've downloaded anything from today or any time in the past couple weeks, it seems impossible that the malware could have come from anywhere else.

But that's beside the point. I've removed all of it that I can find. I'll consider buying a new game disc for Open For Business, although I'm still not convinced that it will install any better than the first one did. The other Sims 2 games I've installed work just fine on Windows 7. It's a shame Open For Business can't be like the others.

Building on what the previous poster said, if you have a bittorrent client installed on your computer, and you click on the magnet-symbol on the page I linked to, then the download will open "automatically" in that torrent client. No need for going "directly" to torcache or any other site. Just confirm the download in your torrent client (at least that's the case in "uTorrent"), and start downloading.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top