Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insert the sims 2 Pets disc.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Insert the sims 2 Pets disc. Empty Insert the sims 2 Pets disc.

Post by Guest Sat 20 Feb 2016, 07:16

Hi I recently downloaded the sims 2 the complete collection and I downloaded up to the sims 2 pets and wanted to try it out to see if the whole game works but every time I start it a tab keeps telling me to insert the sims 2 pets disc. What do I do? Should I just finish downloading ALL the sims 2 games that came in the complete collection download then start the whole game to see if it will work? thanks 

Back to top Go down

Insert the sims 2 Pets disc. Empty Re: Insert the sims 2 Pets disc.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Feb 2016, 08:41

halcyonsim2 wrote:Hi I recently downloaded the sims 2 the complete collection and I downloaded up to the sims 2 pets and wanted to try it out to see if the whole game works but every time I start it a tab keeps telling me to insert the sims 2 pets disc. What do I do? Should I just finish downloading ALL the sims 2 games that came in the complete collection download then start the whole game to see if it will work? thanks 

//SPLIT

Hello and welcome to the forum @halcyonsim2,

Indeed, the "Complete Collection" is intended to be used in its entirety. However, if you want to play the game "up to" the Pets-expansion, you will need to download a different NoCD-file. From here:
http://goo.gl/ZvdGja

Download this .exe file there. After the download, copy & paste the file into the following location:
C:\Program files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSBin. When prompted, replace the existing file. And then make a desktop shortcut from that file; you should only start the game from this particular file/shortcut.

See if that works out for you. Good luck !

P.S. the reason we did not include any of the other NoCD files is because most users want to install all expansions of TS2 anyway. Should the solution above not work for you, please tell us exactly which expansions and stuffpacks you already installed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Insert the sims 2 Pets disc. Empty the sims 2 complete collection : Open for Business please insert disc 1!

Post by Guest Sat 20 Feb 2016, 15:37

I downloaded the sims 2 complete collection and for some reason every time I try to run the sims 2 open for business game it keeps telling me to insert disc 1 and I cant do anything else. what should I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Feb 2016, 16:22

halcyonsim2 wrote:I downloaded the sims 2 complete collection and for some reason every time I try to run the sims 2 open for business game it keeps telling me to insert disc 1 and I cant do anything else. what should I do?

Hello again,

Would you tell us which expansions and stuffpacks exactly you installed ? Besides "Pets" and "Open for business" ? The Sims 2 works differently than The Sims 3, and it means in TS2 you must add the NoCD-file from the expansion that was released most recently.

But in order for us to help you better, we need to know what stuff exactly you installed so far. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top