Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 University issue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 University issue. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 University issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014, 05:01

Hey guys, so I'm having a serious in-game issue with my dorm constantly setting on fire. The stove has caught fire three times. I've placed a better stove and still the Damn thing goes up in flames. A SIM decided to grill outside in the middle of the night and it caught on fire. Firefighters took forever and a day to show up. The Sims refused to move from there and two of them died of starvation. There was a circle of other five Sims mourning the two dead Sims and we're outside for a whole day and wouldn't move. Anotherrrrrr fire set off in the kitchen that was contained. 

Here is the kicker, I was playing with the loudspeaker thing and clicked complain about death and BOOOOOMMMM my sim died. I freaked out and closed the game without saving. Can someone explain what the **** is happening in my dorm? And why did she die after complaining about death Help 

Thanks guys xoxo

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 University issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 University issue. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Jun 2014, 05:26

Jessica_Revolver wrote:Hey guys, so I'm having a serious in-game issue with my dorm constantly setting on fire. The stove has caught fire three times. I've placed a better stove and still the Damn thing goes up in flames. A SIM decided to grill outside in the middle of the night and it caught on fire. Firefighters took forever and a day to show up. The Sims refused to move from there and two of them died of starvation. There was a circle of other five Sims mourning the two dead Sims and we're outside for a whole day and wouldn't move. Anotherrrrrr fire set off in the kitchen that was contained. 

Here is the kicker, I was playing with the loudspeaker thing and clicked complain about death and BOOOOOMMMM my sim died. I freaked out and closed the game without saving. Can someone explain what the **** is happening in my dorm? And why did she die after complaining about death Help 

Thanks guys xoxo

Hello,

About the fire...buying more expensive ovens is an option, yes, but if the other sims in that dorm have low cooking skill, they will nevertheless catch fire sooner or later. Also, if those other sims leave the food on the stove/grill, there is also a chance of a fire happening. Things like that, and many other idiosyncratic stuff (sims not eating at all, not taking showers, leaving everything dirty, etc.) seems common with these dorms, which is the reason I'd now suggest you relocate your sim to a "regular" house somewhere in the university world. 

Yes, it's slightly more expensive than living in the dorm, but if your sim doesn't have the money, just cheat yourself some Razz  (for example with the motherlode cheat).

There is a lifetime reward called "Fireproof homestead", which you can buy for 30,000 lifetime happiness points, but I'm not sure if that'll also work in dorms.

About the "complaining about death"...I imagine this was introduced with "University life" and it only happens after you get a first warning from the Grim Reaper ? So if you rant, there's a chance the Grim Reaper will come and warn you. After that you'll get a moodlet that lasts for a couple of hours (can't tell how long exactly). However, if you rant AGAIN while still having the moodlet, your sim will die.

For these purposes, you can make your sim have a "flower of death" in his/her inventory:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Death_flower

Or yes, you can close the game without saving. Hope this clears up a few things, and let me know if you need more assistance. The Sims Plumbob 1

//EDIT

If you have testingcheatsenabled true activated, you can also hold the SHIFT-key on your keyboard and then left-click on a moodlet to make it go away.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 University issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 University issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014, 05:48

Thanks! Ill keep all of that in mind. 
I had never complained about death tho, which is weird. I will try out the moodlet thing I didn't know. Thanks a bunch

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Jun 2014, 12:06

Jessica_Revolver wrote:Thanks! Ill keep all of that in mind. 
I had never complained about death tho, which is weird. I will try out the moodlet thing I didn't know. Thanks a bunch

You're very welcome - and the complaining about death-thing is indeed weird...but OK. I guess that's another one to add to the very long list of strange glitches in the game. Can I help you with anything else or can I close the topic ? Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014, 15:16

Thanks Carlos, you can close the topic. Next time I send my sims to the University I will put them on a house. Smile

Mod edit: if you ever have a new question, feel free to make a new thread. This topic is closed now. Have fun ! Very Happy 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top