Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relationships resetting/disappearing (No travel)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Relationships resetting/disappearing (No travel) Empty Relationships resetting/disappearing (No travel)

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jun 2014, 18:44

I have yet to travel anywhere on my current game (No future, vacation or university) however have twice had all my sims relationship lists purged. (After all the people reporting major issues with traveling I'm very paranoid about leaving the hometown even though on my previous game I went to China once and uni 2 or 3 times with no problems)
The first time I don't remember the details surrounding it, just remember all of a sudden my sims didn't know anyone else and the were no longer bf/gf. Reload.

The second time happened when I was testing cat hunting on an offshoot save.
SIDENOTE: Cat would get skill pop ups but the skill would not actually increase. Also noticed that sims kept getting initial social group pop ups (spammed with them if the played video games) but there was never any increase in rank. Since I was just testing out what it hunts I just used Master Controller to give the cat his levels as he earned them.
Anyway.. back to the main problem... while waiting for cat to level hunting I was bored so had my guy propose to the female in the hot air balloon (only got engaged moodlet). A short time later one of his friends has a pop up saying he should have a bachelor party (sure why not, got nothing better to do atm) so I click the button on the pop up and set up a bachelor party. Guys come, send female out to the spa, party goes well, female comes back and I send her to bedroom to play video games... at this point I think everything was still good cause her fiance status was still there. The party FINALLY ends (2pm until like 8am the next morning wth ea, program bloody durations) and guy gets "threw a raging party" moodlet (awesome)... but he now ONLY knows people that came to the party and his fiance is now only a good friend. This affected them all- my poor cat didn't show up in the family panel at all since he was running about the neighborhood torturing small animals at the end of the party and the first kiss interaction is again available for my two sims 0.0(way way not awesome)

I have no mods that affect relationship asides from nraas story progression. Anyone have a clue why this happened? Are parties in general or bachelor parties bugged?

Back to top Go down

Relationships resetting/disappearing (No travel) Empty Re: Relationships resetting/disappearing (No travel)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 Jun 2014, 04:33

Taikira wrote:I have yet to travel anywhere on my current game (No future, vacation or university) however have twice had all my sims relationship lists purged. (After all the people reporting major issues with traveling I'm very paranoid about leaving the hometown even though on my previous game I went to China once and uni 2 or 3 times with no problems)
The first time I don't remember the details surrounding it, just remember all of a sudden my sims didn't know anyone else and the were no longer bf/gf. Reload.

The second time happened when I was testing cat hunting on an offshoot save.
SIDENOTE: Cat would get skill pop ups but the skill would not actually increase. Also noticed that sims kept getting initial social group pop ups (spammed with them if the played video games) but there was never any increase in rank. Since I was just testing out what it hunts I just used Master Controller to give the cat his levels as he earned them.
Anyway.. back to the main problem... while waiting for cat to level hunting I was bored so had my guy propose to the female in the hot air balloon (only got engaged moodlet). A short time later one of his friends has a pop up saying he should have a bachelor party (sure why not, got nothing better to do atm) so I click the button on the pop up and set up a bachelor party. Guys come, send female out to the spa, party goes well, female comes back and I send her to bedroom to play video games... at this point I think everything was still good cause her fiance status was still there. The party FINALLY ends (2pm until like 8am the next morning wth ea, program bloody durations) and guy gets "threw a raging party" moodlet (awesome)... but he now ONLY knows people that came to the party and his fiance is now only a good friend. This affected them all- my poor cat didn't show up in the family panel at all since he was running about the neighborhood torturing small animals at the end of the party and the first kiss interaction is again available for my two sims 0.0(way way not awesome)

I have no mods that affect relationship asides from nraas story progression. Anyone have a clue why this happened? Are parties in general or bachelor parties bugged?

OK, so this party did NOT happen abroad, but in your hometown - if I understood correctly ? I never noticed that glitch myself, but you may try installing the latest version of NRAAS_ErrorTrap, which may help with that issue (as well as with many other glitches).

Other than that, I'm afraid I have no other explanation...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Relationships resetting/disappearing (No travel) Empty Re: Relationships resetting/disappearing (No travel)

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jun 2014, 11:11

Yeah it's in hometown (Moonlight Falls).. haven't so much as peeked through the time portal (I did activate it to try and figure out what Adv Tech meant by "change the future" but I think that option is separate from the portal itself and requires Emit.
I'll have to try adding ErrorTrap and throw another bachelor party... should prob throw another one beforehand and see if I can reproduce the problem without the mod. Will update with results.

UPDATE
Well I forgot to throw a test party before adding ErrorTrap. Oops. When I first ran the game after adding it(and deleting caches) I had severe lag even when paused and insects were not properly disappearing once they were gone(from time out or nightly resets) resulting in half the insects on my lot being 'ghost' items that were unselectable. However, after restarting my comp this morning I do not currently seem to have those issues.
Threw a raging bachelor party. Relationships did not change this time(except normal improvements from party). Unfortunately I was not able to duplicate the exact circumstances and failed to retest before adding ErrorTrap so I don't know if it fixed this issue OR it was intermittent OR it was tied to starting a party from the popup(I had to manually set it up via phone this time).

UNCHANGED ISSUE: sims do not level skills- the bar progresses and the skill level popup appears but the corresponding skill rank does not trigger. (I got her to trigger level 3 Adv Tech but her skill level remained at 2... also they both keep getting spammed by initial rank dialogue for social groups but never actually get the rank.) If anyone knows how to fix this I REALLY don't want to have to start over from the beginning with them AGAIN T.T I didn't even remember to save after creation.
-reset sim does not help
-if I add a sim to household they have the same problem so it's not just my sims
-started a new game in twinbrook and sim was able to properly gain skill ranks (minor graphical issue across expandable part of hud) so I would think it isn't CC or mods
-skills DID work at one point but since my chars maxed everything I didnt notice the issue until I reset Adv Tech for research

POSSIBLE CAUSE: Remembered I first saw the level up dialogue without gaining the level after using the dream pod to have a bad Advanced Tech dream

FIXES SO FAR: Save family to bin and place in a new game(tested in Twinbrook)
-sims kept household & personal inventories, household relationships, retired jobs, celebrity level
-Challenges lost: Riding>Rider of Legends(ouch), Nectar>Mix Master, Charisma>ALL(ouch on jokes told being reset), Fireflies caught reset to 25%
-Untested challenges(not unlocked at time of move): Instuments(Star & Money Maker), Social Networking(All), Photography(All), Mixology(MasterMixologist), Logic(Explorer&tutoring), Bot Building(Domo Arigato), Advanced Tech(Digital Dreamer), Martial Arts(All), Scuba Diving(All), Collecting(Firefly)-had 100% but wasn't unlocked so putting it here
-Perm Moodlets lost: Eternal Joy(genie), Stylin'(stylist profession), Eternally Faithful(romantic relationship) First and Second are only possible problems (haven't tested to see if redoing Stylist will reactivate Stylin', genie wish CANNOT be repeated so requires something like MasterController(+Cheats) to replace)
-All horse and dog challenges remained intact. All human challenges not mentioned somewhere above remained intact.

Will try saving to bin and moving towns next time I load game... or maybe I need to find a way to kill off half my town
--will this reset my current home world to default if i move somewhere else then back to Moonlight Falls(assuming it can be done without starting new game)?
I customized a lot of the town, from rearranging to adding lots and would like if possible to preserve it (sims are first priority though I CAN always rebuild... restarting the skills/challenges is much more painful)
--is it possible the town is so overpopulated that it broke skills?
I haven't tried register yet cause even after reading interactions I'm not exactly sure what I need to do to get my population reasonable... most lots in MF are active, with the exception of one street, all others(one? exception) are built residential lots... and I don't think I have any empty houses
--can an EA town be modified and saved so it can be selected for new game?

Current NRaas Mods
MasterController(+Cheats,Integration), Overwatch, DebugEnabler, ErrorTrap, StoryProgression(+Extra, Skill, Relationship)

Last edited by Taikira on Sat 28 Jun 2014, 12:29; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Update, new question)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 05 Jul 2014, 08:54

Taikira wrote:Yeah it's in hometown (Moonlight Falls).. haven't so much as peeked through the time portal (I did activate it to try and figure out what Adv Tech meant by "change the future" but I think that option is separate from the portal itself and requires Emit.
I'll have to try adding ErrorTrap and throw another bachelor party... should prob throw another one beforehand and see if I can reproduce the problem without the mod. Will update with results.

UPDATE
Well I forgot to throw a test party before adding ErrorTrap. Oops. When I first ran the game after adding it(and deleting caches) I had severe lag even when paused and insects were not properly disappearing once they were gone(from time out or nightly resets) resulting in half the insects on my lot being 'ghost' items that were unselectable. However, after restarting my comp this morning I do not currently seem to have those issues.
Threw a raging bachelor party. Relationships did not change this time(except normal improvements from party). Unfortunately I was not able to duplicate the exact circumstances and failed to retest before adding ErrorTrap so I don't know if it fixed this issue OR it was intermittent OR it was tied to starting a party from the popup(I had to manually set it up via phone this time).

UNCHANGED ISSUE: sims do not level skills- the bar progresses and the skill level popup appears but the corresponding skill rank does not trigger. (I got her to trigger level 3 Adv Tech but her skill level remained at 2... also they both keep getting spammed by initial rank dialogue for social groups but never actually get the rank.) If anyone knows how to fix this I REALLY don't want to have to start over from the beginning with them AGAIN T.T I didn't even remember to save after creation.
-reset sim does not help
-if I add a sim to household they have the same problem so it's not just my sims
-started a new game in twinbrook and sim was able to properly gain skill ranks (minor graphical issue across expandable part of hud) so I would think it isn't CC or mods
-skills DID work at one point but since my chars maxed everything I didnt notice the issue until I reset Adv Tech for research

POSSIBLE CAUSE: Remembered I first saw the level up dialogue without gaining the level after using the dream pod to have a bad Advanced Tech dream

FIXES SO FAR: Save family to bin and place in a new game(tested in Twinbrook)
-sims kept household & personal inventories, household relationships, retired jobs, celebrity level
-Challenges lost: Riding>Rider of Legends(ouch), Nectar>Mix Master, Charisma>ALL(ouch on jokes told being reset), Fireflies caught reset to 25%
-Untested challenges(not unlocked at time of move): Instuments(Star & Money Maker), Social Networking(All), Photography(All), Mixology(MasterMixologist), Logic(Explorer&tutoring), Bot Building(Domo Arigato), Advanced Tech(Digital Dreamer), Martial Arts(All), Scuba Diving(All), Collecting(Firefly)-had 100% but wasn't unlocked so putting it here
-Perm Moodlets lost: Eternal Joy(genie), Stylin'(stylist profession), Eternally Faithful(romantic relationship) First and Second are only possible problems (haven't tested to see if redoing Stylist will reactivate Stylin', genie wish CANNOT be repeated so requires something like MasterController(+Cheats) to replace)
-All horse and dog challenges remained intact. All human challenges not mentioned somewhere above remained intact.

Will try saving to bin and moving towns next time I load game... or maybe I need to find a way to kill off half my town
--will this reset my current home world to default if i move somewhere else then back to Moonlight Falls(assuming it can be done without starting new game)?
I customized a lot of the town, from rearranging to adding lots and would like if possible to preserve it (sims are first priority though I CAN always rebuild... restarting the skills/challenges is much more painful)
--is it possible the town is so overpopulated that it broke skills?
I haven't tried register yet cause even after reading interactions I'm not exactly sure what I need to do to get my population reasonable... most lots in MF are active, with the exception of one street, all others(one? exception) are built residential lots... and I don't think I have any empty houses
--can an EA town be modified and saved so it can be selected for new game?

Current NRaas Mods
MasterController(+Cheats,Integration), Overwatch, DebugEnabler, ErrorTrap, StoryProgression(+Extra, Skill, Relationship)

Sorry for the late reply, but I got caught up in other stuff, and there are/were quite a number of other posts here too. But thanks for editing your post though ! Smile Let's see...

I can remember there was a glitch that sims were learning skills too fast, but that was seemingly remedied by a patch update. Generally, if you play for too long in one and the same neighborhood, you migh encounter all sorts of (minor) in-game glitches, so you can either move to another town, indeed, or try this tool here (in Lady ElDi's opening post):

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9396-ts3-save-files-cleaner

Make sure to backup your savefiles though, before applying the tool ! Other than that, I'm unsure about this skill glitch...

And yes, when you save your family to the bin, the sims keep their retired jobs, their star level, their skills & their inventory - that's common and nothing new. The opportunities and other challenged though get lost normally, as well as relationships (unless, I think, you use NRAAS_Porter to "pack" the family and move them to another town) and moodlets too, of course.

I'm unsure if moving to a new town and back to the old one will "reset" things though...haven't felt the need to try this yet. And "overpopulation" often causes other glitches, like the infamous "Error12", which - however - usually appears in lower-end computers, with a 32-bit operating systems. Maybe it can cause the skill glitch too, but again I'm unsure; and since I don't have any skill glitches whatsoever, I can't test that myself.

As for editing the neighborhood, what exactly do you want to edit ? Do you only want to edit some lots or do you also want to edit terrain ? If you want to edit the terrain, use this here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7423-download-link-for-the-create-a-world-tool

If you want to edit lots, edit them in "edit-town mode" and save them to the library. And once you're finished with CAW, install and load the world, and then put in the lots from your library.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top