Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

During Loading Screen "Sims 3 has stopped working". [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

During Loading Screen "Sims 3 has stopped working". [SOLVED] Empty During Loading Screen "Sims 3 has stopped working". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jun 2014, 00:04

I just formatted my computer & went through the entire procedure of resinstalling all of the expansions. I kept my Sims folder that is located in Documents & replaced it in order to keep my saved game, mods & packages. However, every time I begin my game, when it's about to finish the loading screen to choose my town, it crashes and says "Sims 3 has stopped working". I've tried just about everything and don't know what to do  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad 

I then took out my OLD "The Sims 3" folder from my Documents, and allowed the game to create one for me. It worked perfectly. So I believe there's something wrong with my old folder but I can't seem to find what's wrong with it. I really hope to keep my saved games & mods  Surprised

Back to top Go down

During Loading Screen "Sims 3 has stopped working". [SOLVED] Empty Re: During Loading Screen "Sims 3 has stopped working". [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Jun 2014, 07:46

tomato217 wrote:I just formatted my computer & went through the entire procedure of resinstalling all of the expansions. I kept my Sims folder that is located in Documents & replaced it in order to keep my saved game, mods & packages. However, every time I begin my game, when it's about to finish the loading screen to choose my town, it crashes and says "Sims 3 has stopped working". I've tried just about everything and don't know what to do  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad 

I then took out my OLD "The Sims 3" folder from my Documents, and allowed the game to create one for me. It worked perfectly. So I believe there's something wrong with my old folder but I can't seem to find what's wrong with it. I really hope to keep my saved games & mods  Surprised

Hello,

If you just re-formatted the computer, re-do the steps I mentioned here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17124-sims-3-stopped-working-crash

Beyond that...what town did you play in your old savegame, BEFORE you reformatted the computer ? Generally, to avoid complications, you should always make sure to "transfer" the following sub-folders, into new "The Sims 3"-folders, if you decide to start "afresh"...

DCCache
Installed Worlds
Mods
Saves

Those are really the sub-folders that are most important. Keep us posted about your progress ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

During Loading Screen "Sims 3 has stopped working". [SOLVED] Empty Re: During Loading Screen "Sims 3 has stopped working". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jun 2014, 23:11

Hi!

I re installed (TWICE Sad) & correctly applied the patch & crack, & still it doesn't work.
All of my drivers are updated as well as any other updates that needed to take place.
I tried the 4 GB patch which confirmed that it was "successful" but also didn't work.
I put all of .exe's to the DEP
I also turned off "Vertical Sync" in hopes that it would help (it didnt Sad)
I don't think resolution or graphics are my issue to be honest, my computer isn't extremely new but it ran Sims 3 perfectly before.
I ran TS3.exe, TSW.exe & Sims3LauncherW.exe as an administrator.

To answer your question, I believe it was a downloaded World, not one of the ones built into the game. & yes, I made sure that all of those folders were placed into the new folder.

***I just took out my mods & downloads folder (but my save file remained there) and the game loaded!! Very Happy But ALOT of my world & sims are from my CC, so could ONE .sims3pack be affecting this? Or do i HAVE to take them all out? Sad 
Sorry for writing so much! Just thought I'd have to include what solutions I tried prior to this. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 30 Jun 2014, 04:12

tomato217 wrote:Hi!

I re installed (TWICE Sad) & correctly applied the patch & crack, & still it doesn't work.
All of my drivers are updated as well as any other updates that needed to take place.
I tried the 4 GB patch which confirmed that it was "successful" but also didn't work.
I put all of .exe's to the DEP
I also turned off "Vertical Sync" in hopes that it would help (it didnt Sad)
I don't think resolution or graphics are my issue to be honest, my computer isn't extremely new but it ran Sims 3 perfectly before.
I ran TS3.exe, TSW.exe & Sims3LauncherW.exe as an administrator.

To answer your question, I believe it was a downloaded World, not one of the ones built into the game. & yes, I made sure that all of those folders were placed into the new folder.

***I just took out my mods & downloads folder (but my save file remained there) and the game loaded!! Very Happy But ALOT of my world & sims are from my CC, so could ONE .sims3pack be affecting this? Or do i HAVE to take them all out? Sad 
Sorry for writing so much! Just thought I'd have to include what solutions I tried prior to this. Smile

No problem; it's actually good that you mentioned a few other things you already tried. Smile  

That said, I'm afraid that unless you clearly remember what .sims3pack you added most recently, BEFORE this crashing occurred, there is no other way of determining what item causes the crashing.

Where did you get those .sims3pack files from ? I doubt that any of the items from the "Sims 3 store" cause the crashing, as they are safe to use. In many cases, "third-party" (= user/fan-made) files cause problems. If you have to use .sims3packs, you should mainly use the items from the "store", and if you really want to use fan-made items, see if you can get them in .package file format, since .package files are much easier to remove and work with.

That doesn't really solve your current problem, but the way things stand, again, unless you manage to determine and remove the problematic .sims3pack(s), maybe with the launcher, then you might have to start over. Sad
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 03:22

AAH great news!!!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  I got my game to work perfectly again with all my mods & downloads (:

What I did was I decided to isolate the Downloads folder (with the .sims3packs) and the game still didn't work. So then I tried removing the Mods folder & it worked! To make sure, I put the downloads folder back and clearly, there was something in the Mods folder. Luckily, I only have about 70 .package files so I began by taking out 5 at a time. On my first attempt, the problem was fixed & I identified the 'bad' .package files which were
- NRaas_ErrorTrap.package
- NRaas_Overwatch.package

After isolating these, my game works fine! Now I'm wondering are those files essential to play the game or are they really 'bad' files? I know what the overwatch & errortrap does so I hope this is a solution as it was for me. If anyone else has this problem I hope this has helped them since it helped me! Smile Thank you for your time, I appreciate it!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Jul 2014, 17:54

tomato217 wrote:AAH great news!!!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  I got my game to work perfectly again with all my mods & downloads (:

What I did was I decided to isolate the Downloads folder (with the .sims3packs) and the game still didn't work. So then I tried removing the Mods folder & it worked! To make sure, I put the downloads folder back and clearly, there was something in the Mods folder. Luckily, I only have about 70 .package files so I began by taking out 5 at a time. On my first attempt, the problem was fixed & I identified the 'bad' .package files which were
- NRaas_ErrorTrap.package
- NRaas_Overwatch.package

After isolating these, my game works fine! Now I'm wondering are those files essential to play the game or are they really 'bad' files? I know what the overwatch & errortrap does so I hope this is a solution as it was for me. If anyone else has this problem I hope this has helped them since it helped me! Smile Thank you for your time, I appreciate it!

Sorry for the late reply, but are these mods compatible with your game version ? 

But be careful, even if they are compatible with your patch level, they can still cause problems, so if you think they are causing issues for you, just leave tehm out - it's not essential to have them.

That said, I'm happy to hear you managed to solve the problem yourself ! Very Happy Anything else you need help with ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jul 2014, 09:46

Sorry for replying late!  Shocked 

My mods? If you mean compatible as in they work properly then yes! If you're talking about the nRaas files then I don't think they're compatible because they won't allow me to play my game. 

Thanks again everythings all good!  Very Happy

Mod edit: feel free to open a new thread if you have any other issues. Smile  Problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top