Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Sims 3 has stopped working". [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Sims 3 has stopped working". [SOLVED] Empty "Sims 3 has stopped working". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 08:08

Hey,

I need help cause i am not sure what else is there i can do to get the game to work.

I installed The Sims 3 base game and a few of the expansions exactly as was instructed.

I got the "Sims 3 has stopped working" message upon pressing play at the game launcher, so i tried everything i could from https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012.

I still got the same message with the details as follows :

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TS3W.exe
Application Version: 0.2.0.177
Application Timestamp: 4fc51c50
Fault Module Name: TS3W.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.2.0.177
Fault Module Timestamp: 4fc51c50
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000e63b6
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 044f
Additional Information 2: 044f5d804e095772eddecffc100bd7ae
Additional Information 3: cac9
Additional Information 4: cac962992459a4755c50b87c5aa2aeb5

I searched online and what i understd is thar the TS3W.exe file that is the cause of the problem in due to the DEP but i tried 3 times already adding TS3W.exe to the DEP exception list and restarting the com. I have exhausted all my limited knowledge of these weird computer tech stuff on trying to get this to work.

I do appreciate ur help.

Back to top Go down

"Sims 3 has stopped working". [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Sims 3 has stopped working". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 09:17

Exception Code: c0000005

This is an access violation. If putting it in DEP or running as admin doesn't fix it then there's something else causing the issue. It could be many things like: trying to read or write a file that it doesn't have access to, outdated drivers, malware, bad ram, failing hard drive, corrupted files, the list goes on and on. To explain in a bit more detail, what's happening is the game is saying "read this memory at this address" but the address doesn't exist, or isn't accessible by the running executable.

Put simply, the number of things that could cause this error is so large that without the source for The Sims 3, or a dump file, there's no real way of knowing how -exactly- to fix it. You just have to try various things until something works, or the issue has been made clear (ie: finding out your RAM is bad). If you've tried the steps in the URL you posted to no avail, you can always try reinstalling and checking your hardware (both drivers and diagnostically).

Edit Below:

The above information is still valid, though some circumstances have made me take another look at the issue.

We have two threads at the same exact time, with the same exact error, and same exact error details (barring locale). Here's what I replied in the other thread, which is here if you wish to watch it as well as your own thread: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9099-error-sims-3-has-stopped-working#65095

Fault Module Version: 0.2.0.177

This is the line that catches my attention. My version is 0.2.190, and when I
use my 0.2.0.177 backed-up file, I have the same error - with the exact
same details (baring Locale). Have you copied all of the updated cracks
properly?

Another Edit Below:
This was the fix for the other person, you should try it as well:

Download the file here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Extract it. Go into the # Crack folder, copy the two files to your Sims 3 installation location replacing the others. That should get your game working, as long as everything else is proper.

Back to top Go down

"Sims 3 has stopped working". [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Sims 3 has stopped working". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 16:44

cheers IT WORKED! AAH, thanks a lot i really really appreciate it

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 15 Dec 2012, 21:36

Hello there,

Thank you, Hexorcist!

Enjoy your game and please let us know if you need more assistance! "Sims 3 has stopped working". [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top