Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding More DLC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adding More DLC Empty Adding More DLC

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jul 2014, 11:43

Hey Guys,

I downloaded and installed the Sims3 and a bunch of its DLC's (all from G4TW) and followed the guide and the game works perfectly
so no problems there but I now want to add a few more.

So I thought I would ask this before I start
Do I just install the new DLC's and then repeat Steps 2 & 4 from this guide How to Install Sims3 Correctly?

Im guessing yes as I cant see a reason why that would not work!

I wanted to add -
Supernatural
Diesel Stuff
Store Updates and maybe Pets

Also...Will installing these effect my saved game requiring a restart?

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Adding More DLC Empty Re: Adding More DLC

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 09 Jul 2014, 21:07

lief wrote:Hey Guys,

I downloaded and installed the Sims3 and a bunch of its DLC's (all from G4TW) and followed the guide and the game works perfectly
so no problems there but I now want to add a few more.

So I thought I would ask this before I start
Do I just install the new DLC's and then repeat Steps 2 & 4 from this guide How to Install Sims3 Correctly?

Im guessing yes as I cant see a reason why that would not work!

I wanted to add -
Supernatural
Diesel Stuff
Store Updates and maybe Pets

Also...Will installing these effect my saved game requiring a restart?

Thanks

Hello,

Yes, absolutely correct: just install all these expansions, and at the end, repeat steps #2 to #4 from that "must-read guide". But here's a small tip: to avoid any problems with your savefiles, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts

There, you just change the name of the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like, BEFORE patching the game ! After you are done with the steps #2 to #4, rename the folder "back to normal", and then you're ready to start the game.

This measure is recommended, so that your savegames are not (negatively) affected by the patching process. Good luck ! 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jul 2014, 21:25

Thanks for reply Carlos,
Its good to know its that easy as for my save files I have all ready backed them up Razz

My worry was more related to the saves becoming un-usable due to changes in the game its self than them
becoming corrupt/deleted, but I get from your response that this is not a issue anyways.

Thanks Smile

Ps. Thanks for such an awesome service with the DL's and Forums and all, Awesome Job you guys Smile

//EDIT

Ok Just a quick follow up post for the sake of anyone looking for this information and wanting to read the results.

I as I said above I wanted to install more Locations, SP's & EP's over a previous working installation of Sims 3 + EP's the (all from GFTW)
which I have now done.

What I installed included -
Supernatural
Diesel Stuff
Aurora Skies (Gold)
Riverview
& Store Update 2011

1. So just adding the new content (with out the #Crack's that come with them)
2. Try to re-appy the Manual Update v1.67 It said I already had it so I selected 'NO' when asked if I want to continue.
3. Re-applied the Sims3 Ultimate Fix 
4. Win Adding More DLC Icon_smile

More Information here in the Must Read Thread!

Just loaded the game and all works Adding More DLC Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014, 05:22

Thanks for this. I posted a similar topic two days ago, but nobody replied.

Just for clarification, you didn't need to re-apply the Manual Patch, right? So you only had to re-apply the Ultimate Fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014, 08:15

No I did not need to reinstall the Manual Patch but I checked anyway just in case.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:49

lief wrote:Thanks for reply Carlos,
Its good to know its that easy as for my save files I have all ready backed them up Razz

My worry was more related to the saves becoming un-usable due to changes in the game its self than them
becoming corrupt/deleted, but I get from your response that this is not a issue anyways.

Thanks Smile

Ps. Thanks for such an awesome service with the DL's and Forums and all, Awesome Job you guys Smile

//EDIT

Ok Just a quick follow up post for the sake of anyone looking for this information and wanting to read the results.

I as I said above I wanted to install more Locations, SP's & EP's over a previous working installation of Sims 3 + EP's the (all from GFTW)
which I have now done.

What I installed included -
Supernatural
Diesel Stuff
Aurora Skies (Gold)
Riverview
& Store Update 2011

1. So just adding the new content (with out the #Crack's that come with them)
2. Try to re-appy the Manual Update v1.67 It said I already had it so I selected 'NO' when asked if I want to continue.
3. Re-applied the Sims3 Ultimate Fix 
4. Win Adding More DLC Icon_smile

More Information here in the Must Read Thread!

Just loaded the game and all works Adding More DLC Icon_smile

Actually, when you try to re-run the patch, after adding new expansions, it's a good idea to ignore the message "your game is updated already" - and simply go on with the update, even if you're already on 1.67. Some Helpers recommend this measure, in order to remedy any possible glitches, that can come up when adding new expansions.

But this is an optional move, seemingly - and not an essential one. You should be doing fine either way.

Gvoid wrote:Thanks for this. I posted a similar topic two days ago, but nobody replied.

Just for clarification, you didn't need to re-apply the Manual Patch, right? So you only had to re-apply the Ultimate Fix?

I'm sorry to hear that nobody replied to your topic, but keep in mind that it is impossible for me and the other Helpers/Mods to get back to all posts right after they are posted on here. With the questions being always the same on here (usually), feel free to use the search function, if you don't seem to get a reply within a reasonable time.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014, 17:55

Well In hindsight I know you are right when you say I should have run the Manual update anyway as it would not have been  the first time some thing got all messed up by some smal and unknown change.

Guess I wil do it from now on...in about 30 mins in fact when I install PETS Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 10 Jul 2014, 21:39

lief wrote:Well In hindsight I know you are right when you say I should have run the Manual update anyway as it would not have been  the first time some thing got all messed up by some smal and unknown change.

Guess I wil do it from now on...in about 30 mins in fact when I install PETS Smile

Good - I'll leave this thread open in case there are any other issues. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jul 2014, 02:44

Hey,
Thanks for holding thread open just in case but all seams to be good here.

So I installed both University and Pets.
I did get the 'No Disk Error!', when after installing I loaded up the game to check incase of any other updates (no) so I re- applied the
Manual Update and then the Ultimate Fix and all is good, Seems like this is the way to go when I add any of the others in the future.

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 11 Jul 2014, 21:06

Hi there,

Thank you for letting us know the result.
Glad to hear it's all good so far.

If you want to install more expansion packs, just install them, but do not apply any more "# Crack" folders. So just install the games and then test the game. If it works, don't fix what isn't broken. If you get the "Insert Disc" error, just re-do step 3 and 4 and you should be good to go.

Please let us know the final result, good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male