Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding Expansions...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adding Expansions... Empty Adding Expansions...

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2014, 19:25

Okay, I have a question, because details are crucial to the solution, and I'm not exactly sure what to do.

I have the base Sims 3 installed, and the expansion Seasons, as well (Cracked, patched up to 1.47, working). Now I want to add more expansions - not all of them, but I'd like to get Supernaturals, and Generations.
So, do I have to uninstall those I have? IS there any way to add new expansions without uninstalling? Can someone tell me step-by-step what to do? I had a looot of troubles adding the first expansions. Cracks/fixes didn't exactly work... I've figured out somehow how to run it, but now I'm kinda afraid to mess more with it, but you seem to know a lot how these things work.

Thanks in advance for answers Smile

Back to top Go down

Adding Expansions... Empty Re: Adding Expansions...

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2014, 19:48

Hello and welcome! Very Happy 
Even though I'm not good in these as far as I know I don't there's going to be any problem with ur game if u follow the steps in here:(everything is clear and step by step:))
 https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
I think the crack folders in the expansion packs are outdated so you have to apply the ultimate fix: 

and after u did every step properly please download the ultimate fix here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

and make sure u do the steps properly.

(if anybody thinks that I'm wrong in this please either correct me or remove my post)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2014, 20:10

I have a question, I got two downloads from pirate bay(Supernatural and Master Suite Stuff) to add to my Sims 3 game, pets, high end loft and late night . Here is not what I am  understanding, when I opened the game  this morning, the game loaded fine with the Pets disc in the disc drive, since then it is telling me to insert the supernatural disc. What do I do now, I am not that computer literate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2014, 20:12

Hi,
I'm neither a moderator or a helper or anything else but u might wanna open a new topic in the correct section, cause I'm assuming ur post will be moved anyway. It's just a suggestion though. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2014, 20:15

Sorry, thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2014, 21:04

I will give you my advise. I didn't use any cracks that came with the EPs or SPs. I just used the ultimate fix.

Install Base Game
Install Expansion
Update 1.67
Paste two files from ultimate Fix TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll.

Boom. Just like that. All I did.

And when I wanted to ADD EPs or SPs I took the two files out and replaced them with the originals. And then repeated the process listed above.

Install EP or SP
Update 1.67
Paste both fixes.

They say you don't need to swap out your fixed files (2) for the original but I did it anyways. made me feel better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2014, 21:19

Thanks, I am not very computer savvy, so I was wondering when I did the two expansions, it told me to insert either supernatural or master suite disc. These are the two I downloaded, I have the pets disc. Do I need to uninstall pets, re-install the two mentioned above then do pets again? I am sorry to be such a bother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2014, 21:26

If you've installed both already. Update via patch (again even if you have already updated before) to 1.67 THEN do the ultimate fix (which is basically downloading it and copy pasting TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll into your base game folder ..\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\

However, I used EVERYTHING from GamesForTheWorld. I mean everything. The base game, all expansions, all stuff packs, store content, and fixes. So, my apologies if I am wrong as you're in a bit of a different situation than I was. Regardless, try it and see. And these guys help too. They're really great with updating you on problems and answering back. It's a great community here and these guys that here fixing content for us to play are fantastic. <3 em! =D

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2014, 21:57

Hi! The disk will be useless even if u install it again afterwards. The reason is because The Sims 3 plays with the latest expansion date. Supernatural came after pets. There shouldn't be a compatibility issue with your disk game. When you download the Ultimate Fix, The only file you need, having installed supernatural, is the #crack folder. The file in the crack folder will be copy and pasted (replace the current files) into the base game folder. Program files/ electronic arts/ The sims 3/ game/ bin     or somewhere along those lines. With this your game should work without a disk. Happy Simming!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 01:56

ellajohnson wrote:Hello and welcome! Very Happy 
Even though I'm not good in these as far as I know I don't there's going to be any problem with ur game if u follow the steps in here:(everything is clear and step by step:))
 https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
I think the crack folders in the expansion packs are outdated so you have to apply the ultimate fix: 

and after u did every step properly please download the ultimate fix here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

and make sure u do the steps properly.

(if anybody thinks that I'm wrong in this please either correct me or remove my post)

But I remember that when I used the fix for the first time, it simply let me run the game, but the menu was blank... I've finally found some crack files I pasted... somewhere Razz And then it worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 02:05

Well we're glad it worked fine. Very Happy 
Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you have any (just copying Admins sentence Razz).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 02:57

ellajohnson wrote:Well we're glad it worked fine. Very Happy 
Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you have any (just copying Admins sentence Razz).

but it wouldn't work without crack files from another source, so I'm wondering if the method presented here will work as it's supposed to do. Well, I will think of adding that Supernaturals some time in the future, and in case I have troubles, I will surely get back here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 03:00

Is there a question we can help you with right now?
If yes we would love to hear it but if not then try to do the things you stated in your post and if you still have problems then your welcome back here! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top