Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saving game takes very long (after store fix update 60)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Saving game takes very long (after store fix update 60) Empty Saving game takes very long (after store fix update 60)

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014, 17:02

Hello fellow simmers,

Lately I've been having trouble saving my games. When I try to save it takes very long (more than an hour) and it's very frustrating. I've never had the problem before (my games used to save within 5 mins) but since I updated the store to update 60 (may) I don't know it this has anything to do with it)), it's been taking ages. 

I already tried to delete some package files, move other saved games and rename files, but it did not fix my problem.

What I deleted: 
- all content in the folder"Currentgame.sims3"
-CASPartCache.package
-CompositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-all content in the files "WorldCashes" and "Thumbnails"

I also moved my saved games and sims to my desktop but all this didn't fix it.
I tried to make a completely new household and added them to a neighborhood and immediately tried to save that, even that took forever. I mostly just quit the game afterwards.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Sad

Back to top Go down

Saving game takes very long (after store fix update 60) Empty Re: Saving game takes very long (after store fix update 60)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 26 Jul 2014, 21:45

Freya1 wrote:Hello fellow simmers,

Lately I've been having trouble saving my games. When I try to save it takes very long (more than an hour) and it's very frustrating. I've never had the problem before (my games used to save within 5 mins) but since I updated the store to update 60 (may) I don't know it this has anything to do with it)), it's been taking ages. 

I already tried to delete some package files, move other saved games and rename files, but it did not fix my problem.

What I deleted: 
- all content in the folder"Currentgame.sims3"
-CASPartCache.package
-CompositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-all content in the files "WorldCashes" and "Thumbnails"

I also moved my saved games and sims to my desktop but all this didn't fix it.
I tried to make a completely new household and added them to a neighborhood and immediately tried to save that, even that took forever. I mostly just quit the game afterwards.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Sad

Hello,

At first, check out my reply to the user's issue in the following topic, and do all the steps I described there:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17208-sims-3-has-stopped-working

Please take your time for doing these steps - they are very important. It's the second post in that thread.

Next, does it make a difference if you choose the option "Save as..." ? Use this option ONCE only, and let me know if the saving goes faster than that. From then on, you can use the option "Save" again. 

Also, sometimes strange things can happen in that game; maybe the anti-virus is interfering with your saving process ? So you might try completely de-activating the anti-virus before playing the game.

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top