Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saving takes forever

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Saving takes forever Empty Saving takes forever

Post by Guest Sat 27 Feb 2016, 16:25

So, my computer isn't the best, my graphics card is a little too bad, and i also have only 4 GB RAM but the game doesn't work bad after all. I've downloaded a lot of CC and i didn't have any problems until i downloaded Roaring Heights, now the saving screen takes literally forever to load so i'm not able to save my game anymore. I deleted some CC now but it's still the same. I'm kinda surprised because i've downloaded Aurora Skies and Lucky Palms before and i didn't have any issues. Is there anything i could do or i should just delete Roaring Heights? Sad

Back to top Go down

Saving takes forever Empty Re: Saving takes forever

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Feb 2016, 19:58

takenbysleep wrote:So, my computer isn't the best, my graphics card is a little too bad, and i also have only 4 GB RAM but the game doesn't work bad after all. I've downloaded a lot of CC and i didn't have any problems until i downloaded Roaring Heights, now the saving screen takes literally forever to load so i'm not able to save my game anymore. I deleted some CC now but it's still the same. I'm kinda surprised because i've downloaded Aurora Skies and Lucky Palms before and i didn't have any issues. Is there anything i could do or i should just delete Roaring Heights? Sad

Hello and welcome to the forum @takenbysleep,

Did you customize Roaring Heights, for example by putting lots of buildings into empty lots or something along these lines ? If a neighborhood gets too 'crowded' and your computer is weak(er), you might indeed end up with problems.

Try lowering your graphics in the options menu, and even remove some CC - see if any of that improves your experience in Roaring Heights. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Feb 2016, 20:05

Hey, no i didn't change anything in there, the world isn't even populated yet i just tried to move my family from Lucky Palms to Roaring Heights but when i tried to move them to an empty house the screen froze again just like while saving. I deleted a lot of CC today and still nothing Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Feb 2016, 20:25

takenbysleep wrote:Hey, no i didn't change anything in there, the world isn't even populated yet i just tried to move my family from Lucky Palms to Roaring Heights but when i tried to move them to an empty house the screen froze again just like while saving. I deleted a lot of CC today and still nothing Sad

If you haven't done so yet, please have a look at this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-30-01-2015

Apply only the "DEP"-fix for now. I would also have a look at this here too:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21716-excessive-fps-rendering-in-the-sims-3-updated-on-16-12-2015

Beyond that, look inside the folder "The Sims 3", under Documents\Electronic Arts\. Delete all contents inside the sub-folder Currentgame.sims3. Then also delete the files.

• CasPartCache.package (Create-A-Household Cache)
  • compositorCache.package (Buy/Build Mode Cache)
  • scriptCache.package (Custom Content and Mod Cache)
  • simCompositorCache.package (New Sims and Skin Cache)

And try the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Feb 2016, 22:29

Ok, i tried a few steps, also deleted these files and some more CC and everything's working now! Thank you so much for help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Feb 2016, 22:40

takenbysleep wrote:Ok, i tried a few steps, also deleted these files and some more CC and everything's working now! Thank you so much for help Smile

Sounds like a little bit of progress here. Very Happy  

In the past, I used to use a tool that can help reducing sizes of savefiles, and it also helped with various smaller glitches related to that (google for "Sims 3 save file cleaner"). Since you just moved to Roaring Heights though, it's not going to be that relevant for you, but for the future, you should think about this tool.

I'll leave the topic open for now, so in case anything else happens, you can post back. Have fun in the meantime !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Feb 2016, 00:16

Okay, i will definitely check that out, thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top