Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 has stopped working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 has stopped working Empty Sims 3 has stopped working

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jul 2014, 22:06

Hello! :)
Everytime I play the Sims 3 (with Pets, Seasons and University) it crashes saying "The Sims 3 has stopped working".
I only installed it today following all the steps 1 by 1. At first the game loads fine, quite quickly compared to my sister's, i get to choose a world, start creating a family for like 5 mins (it's the farthest i've come). The game is not slow at all but last time, my Sim's skin and the box where you can choose a clothing item became completely black for a few seconds and that's when it crashes.
I have no mods installed and I've looked for answers in this topic. I followed step 2 and restarted my computer, still the same. I have 4Go RAM so that is probably not the problem.
However, when I check my requirements it says there are 2 problems but I don't know if there is a way to fix these things :
It's weird because my little sister's computer hasn't got enough CPU speed either, she's got 1.4GHz and her game works (the CPU is okay though)
Sims 3 has stopped working 926532sims3

Does anyone know if that's where the problem is and if there's a way to fix it ?
PS: My sister and I both have windows 8 64-bits in case it matters.. and sorry for my english if there are mistakes in it ^^

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 has stopped working Empty Re: Sims 3 has stopped working

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 07 Jul 2014, 22:43

pabouguim wrote:Hello! Smile
Everytime I play the Sims 3 (with Pets, Seasons and University) it crashes saying "The Sims 3 has stopped working".
I only installed it today following all the steps 1 by 1. At first the game loads fine, quite quickly compared to my sister's, i get to choose a world, start creating a family for like 5 mins (it's the farthest i've come). The game is not slow at all but last time, my Sim's skin and the box where you can choose a clothing item became completely black for a few seconds and that's when it crashes.
I have no mods installed and I've looked for answers in this topic. I followed step 2 and restarted my computer, still the same. I have 4Go RAM so that is probably not the problem.
However, when I check my requirements it says there are 2 problems but I don't know if there is a way to fix these things :
It's weird because my little sister's computer hasn't got enough CPU speed either, she's got 1.4GHz and her game works (the CPU is okay though)
Sims 3 has stopped working 926532sims3

Does anyone know if that's where the problem is and if there's a way to fix it ?
PS: My sister and I both have windows 8 64-bits in case it matters.. and sorry for my english if there are mistakes in it ^^

Hello,

For now (re-)do the steps from #2 to #4: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Next make sure that you download all available Windows updates too...

Now have another  look at this other topic here and re-do all steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3. Also, have you also heard about the tool "GameBooster", which can help you improve your system's performance ? Smile 

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jul 2014, 10:24

Thank you Very Happy i'm currently downloading the first patch Smile
By "all available updates", do you also mean the upgrade from windows 8 to 8.1 ?
I'll give the 4GB-patch to my sister too, and is it this one, the game booster, you were talking about ?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Jul 2014, 11:21

pabouguim wrote:Thank you Very Happy i'm currently downloading the first patch Smile
By "all available updates", do you also mean the upgrade from windows 8 to 8.1 ?
I'll give the 4GB-patch to my sister too, and is it this one, the game booster, you were talking about ?

Yes, I was thinking about "Razor's GameBooster", but there is also a "GameBooster" from IOBIT, included when you install the program "Advanced System Care"...both versions, the one from Razor and IOBIT - are almost the same, in what they do. But yes, since it's easier, take the one from Razor. Using it, again, should be self-explanatory, but letme know if you need more assistance with it.

Also, yes, I think updating to Windows 8.1. shouldn't do any harm. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jul 2014, 12:16

I'll try that Smile for now, I re-finish installing it. Do I have to download the whole Ultimate Fix again even though I still have it from 2 days ago ?
I know updating to 8.1 takes several hours (I did it a few months ago, but then decided to reset my computer after 1 month struggling with the wi-fi card driver. I don't think the 2 things were related though, as I had 3 or 4 months of 8.1 without any problems) and I won't be home in the next 2 days so I'll do that on friday Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 10 Jul 2014, 21:15

pabouguim wrote:I'll try that Smile for now, I re-finish installing it. Do I have to download the whole Ultimate Fix again even though I still have it from 2 days ago ?
I know updating to 8.1 takes several hours (I did it a few months ago, but then decided to reset my computer after 1 month struggling with the wi-fi card driver. I don't think the 2 things were related though, as I had 3 or 4 months of 8.1 without any problems) and I won't be home in the next 2 days so I'll do that on friday Smile

If you already have the latest fix, then you don't need to re-download it...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jul 2014, 14:54

Okay I thought just in case Smile
Just to make sure I'm doing this right : the 2 files that are in "Base game" I put them in ...Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and say yes if it wants to replace the old ones
As my expansions were released after Generations I copy the 2 files from "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" to the same location
I open the game, check for updates, then close it completely, and open the "#Crack". I copy both files and again, put them in The Sims 3\Game\Bin. And that's it ?

Edit :
I re-followed every step, including the 4GB-patch and installed Razer Game Booster.
The good news is : it doesn't say "the program has stopped working" anymore! cheers
But I still get the stuff-becoming-black-thing. When that happened (after 10-15mins) I kind of expected it to say that the program had stopped working but it didn't ^^
I tried to get to the options but when I click on it, nothing happens (whatever I click).
(I took a screenshot but the screenshot is all black so instead here's a picture of it, the sims' skin is actually black, not grey)

On one hand, it makes me think of a graphic card problem but at the same time, it's weird that it only happens after some time. It looks like it almost always happens when I'm choosing another pattern for the swimwear.. but not really sure actually I think I made it to the winter clothes once.
I'm going to try it again, but changing some settings before playing.

2nd edit : I read somewhere that I had to change something in the 3D settings of my graphic card.
I created my first sim quite quickly and nothing's wrong with the swimwear actually ^^
But when I created my second one it did it again.. and a few seconds later the "Sims 3 has stopped working" came. Too soon WhatDidUJustCallMe?

3rd edit... : I managed to create a family putting the all game graphic settings at its lowest. Once they were in their house, i put them on medium again and I've been playing for a while (too long haha) without any problem Smile
I guess I'll just have to put the settings at their lowest everytime I create or edit a sim  Very Happy

4th edit : An alien or something like that came on my lot and the game crashed.. >.>

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Jul 2014, 13:35

pabouguim wrote:Okay I thought just in case Smile
Just to make sure I'm doing this right : the 2 files that are in "Base game" I put them in ...Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and say yes if it wants to replace the old ones
As my expansions were released after Generations I copy the 2 files from "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" to the same location
I open the game, check for updates, then close it completely, and open the "#Crack". I copy both files and again, put them in The Sims 3\Game\Bin. And that's it ?

Edit :
I re-followed every step, including the 4GB-patch and installed Razer Game Booster.
The good news is : it doesn't say "the program has stopped working" anymore! cheers
But I still get the stuff-becoming-black-thing. When that happened (after 10-15mins) I kind of expected it to say that the program had stopped working but it didn't ^^
I tried to get to the options but when I click on it, nothing happens (whatever I click).
(I took a screenshot but the screenshot is all black so instead here's a picture of it, the sims' skin is actually black, not grey)

On one hand, it makes me think of a graphic card problem but at the same time, it's weird that it only happens after some time. It looks like it almost always happens when I'm choosing another pattern for the swimwear.. but not really sure actually I think I made it to the winter clothes once.
I'm going to try it again, but changing some settings before playing.

2nd edit : I read somewhere that I had to change something in the 3D settings of my graphic card.
I created my first sim quite quickly and nothing's wrong with the swimwear actually ^^
But when I created my second one it did it again.. and a few seconds later the "Sims 3 has stopped working" came. Too soon WhatDidUJustCallMe?

3rd edit... : I managed to create a family putting the all game graphic settings at its lowest. Once they were in their house, i put them on medium again and I've been playing for a while (too long haha) without any problem Smile
I guess I'll just have to put the settings at their lowest everytime I create or edit a sim  Very Happy

4th edit : An alien or something like that came on my lot and the game crashed.. >.>

Thanks for editing the post ! Smile  But this sounds strange...but first of all you ONLY need the #crack-folder of the Ultimate fix, and nothing else. Wink  You put the two files inside the #crack-folder, to the base game location and overwrite the original files.

Next, are your graphics drivers updated ? Or do you know how to update them ?

About the aliens...I'm not sure. How often do you get aliens ? In my savegame, with my sims, I've never seen the aliens (but my sister who's playing in a different town, has seen them). In either case, the game didn't crash though...

//EDIT

Not sure if you mentioned it already, but do you have any other mods or custom content installed ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Jul 2014, 17:27

Okay thank you Smile 

Windows didn't find any newer driver, not sure if I'm doing it the right way though but I usually check that here (I don't know the exact translation for it but this should be recognize-able? ^^)
I found something else on the Toshiba website, would that be it ?

I've never had aliens before Smile but it looks like it crashes only when there's happening too much stuff, maybe the alien was too much to handle. It's not crashing often though, it works fine most of the time but just in case, I always save the game at the end of every (sim)day.

Since my last post I installed some packages, including NRaas Overwatch, Master controller, a few hairstyles and some jeans. They didn't slow down the game or anything though Smile

By the way my sister is really happy with the 4GB patch Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Feb 2015, 20:29

I tryed everything looked over all off your helping tips but didn't worked help :'(  pale pale pale pale pale pale I'm new here.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 27 Feb 2015, 20:39

Vakare wrote:I tryed everything looked over all off your helping tips but didn't worked help :'(  pale pale pale pale pale pale I'm new here.

Do not post in other threads about your issue please. Smile  I already replied to your other thread here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19286-omg-crash-help-please
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top