Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know where to get books for free?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone know where to get books for free? Empty Anyone know where to get books for free?

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 05:08

Hello,

At the moment i really want to read a couple of books but i (unfortunately) do not have the money to buy them and the public library would probably take months to get them in. So i was wondering if anyone here knows where to get ebooks from (preferably in pdf format) anyway that is all for now and to the G4TW team, keep up the great work!

Last edited by falsestart36 on Thu 11 Aug 2011, 05:16; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where to get books for free? Empty Re: Anyone know where to get books for free?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:45

Interesting question. I believe there are sources with free e-books. My father has downloaded a number of compilations, but they are that: compilations all from the same genre or writer. I'm not sure its possible to download individual books.
I can ask my father where he got his download from but I'll have to get back to you in a couple of days, I'm seeing my parents tomorrow.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where to get books for free? Empty Re: Anyone know where to get books for free?

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:52

Which books first of all. If you have particular books you would like us to find I'm sure we can find a place.

Try Kick Ass Torrents perhaps. They have a category specifically for ebooks.

http://www.kat.ph/ebooks/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 10 Aug 2011, 18:46

What a coincidence; I was reading the newspaper yesterday and a book author was telling how the book industry was collapsing with the introduction of e-books. Almost no one buys their books any more and everyone just downloads them. Even if they secure them, eventually people will break the protection.
Besides, I hate e-books anyway, lol. I prefer holding a book in my hands, smelling the fresh-printed paper... Facepalm
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Wed 10 Aug 2011, 19:07

Admin wrote:What a coincidence; I was reading the newspaper yesterday and a book author was telling how the book industry was collapsing with the introduction of e-books. Almost no one buys their books any more and everyone just downloads them. Even if they secure them, eventually people will break the protection.
Besides, I hate e-books anyway, lol. I prefer holding a book in my hands, smelling the fresh-printed paper... Facepalm

I'll get headache if I read e-book, I prefer the real book Smile The feel is different.
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 10 Aug 2011, 19:10

Narong30 wrote:
Admin wrote:What a coincidence; I was reading the newspaper yesterday and a book author was telling how the book industry was collapsing with the introduction of e-books. Almost no one buys their books any more and everyone just downloads them. Even if they secure them, eventually people will break the protection.

I'll get headache if I read e-book, I prefer the real book Smile The feel is different.
That's right, but you're Foreveralone, so speak for yourself.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Wed 10 Aug 2011, 19:38

Admin Trollemote
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 05:15

To be honest i agree with you, i just cannot afford to buy all the books i want to read at the moment (i read a lot) and i buy most books i enjoy just because i love owning something physical and i think authors are incredibly talented people. I agree with you about e-books not being as good by the way Smile. The reason i actually asked this was because a podcast i was listening to recently mentioned quite a few books that interested me greatly and i wanted to read them. Anyhow i apologize if my question was inappropriate or anything, i really didn't want to cause any harm.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 11 Aug 2011, 11:04

I prefer real books as well. I've never even read an e-book. The only time I would read an e-book would be if I was going on a vacation, e-books don't take up as much physical space.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 11 Aug 2011, 13:12

falsestart36 wrote:

To be honest i agree with you, i just cannot afford to buy all the books i want to read at the moment (i read a lot) and i buy most books i enjoy just because i love owning something physical and i think authors are incredibly talented people. I agree with you about e-books not being as good by the way Smile. The reason i actually asked this was because a podcast i was listening to recently mentioned quite a few books that interested me greatly and i wanted to read them. Anyhow i apologize if my question was inappropriate or anything, i really didn't want to cause any harm.
Hello,

No, not inappropriate at all, I was giving my opinion. I agree with you that actually owning a book feels much better. Same with games for me; I feel bad when playing torrent games, so I buy all my games. Facepalm (Except The Sims series, because they are way too expensive and I just don't want to support a game whose developers work like months on making a (working) patch for bugs - besides, I don't play the game anyway)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 11 Aug 2011, 14:17

I would buy all my games if I could afford them. I was having a lot of problems with my Sims before I found this place and I considered saving up and buying it all but to be honest, if you wanted to have the complete game it would be way too expensive.
I have bought my Elder Scrolls after I tried the pirated version and enjoyed the game.
I try to buy the ones that have replay value (in my opinion) and aren't being exploited by the developers for their popularity (like with The Sims).

You surprise me though Admin I wouldn't have thought you of all people would feel bad about playing torrented games!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 14:53

Admin wrote:
falsestart36 wrote:

Hello,

No, not inappropriate at all, I was giving my opinion. I agree with you that actually owning a book feels much better. Same with games for me; I feel bad when playing torrent games, so I buy all my games. Facepalm (Except The Sims series, because they are way too expensive and I just don't want to support a game whose developers work like months on making a (working) patch for bugs - besides, I don't play the game anyway)

Very true! The reason i don't bother buying all The Sims games is because they release so many expansion and stuff packs and if i pay so much for the base game then why pay it many times over to get the rest

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 19:10

It's something like : Having a virtual girlfriend and having a real girlfriend...
I believe there is something different about it Foreveralone
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 11 Aug 2011, 22:19

Lady ElDi wrote:I would buy all my games if I could afford them. I was having a lot of problems with my Sims before I found this place and I considered saving up and buying it all but to be honest, if you wanted to have the complete game it would be way too expensive.
I have bought my Elder Scrolls after I tried the pirated version and enjoyed the game.
I try to buy the ones that have replay value (in my opinion) and aren't being exploited by the developers for their popularity (like with The Sims).

You surprise me though Admin I wouldn't have thought you of all people would feel bad about playing torrented games!
Haha, yeah, it's pretty ironic though, but it's true.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 12 Aug 2011, 10:48

Narong30 wrote:It's something like : Having a virtual girlfriend and having a real girlfriend...
I believe there is something different about it Foreveralone

LOL there's something different about it yes

Admin wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:I would buy all my games if I could afford them. I was having a lot of problems with my Sims before I found this place and I considered saving up and buying it all but to be honest, if you wanted to have the complete game it would be way too expensive.

Haha, yeah, it's pretty ironic though, but it's true.

Its irony at its best lol

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top