Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where did all the books go...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where did all the books go... Empty Where did all the books go...

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jan 2014, 20:44

So odd, all the books in the sims 3 is gone!? I have in to the future expansion and NRaas mods but they are all updated and the game to.. does anyone know what could have happen? anyway thanks for a great website!  Cool

Back to top Go down

Where did all the books go... Empty Re: Where did all the books go...

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Jan 2014, 17:29

Stardust86 wrote:So odd, all the books in the sims 3 is gone!? I have in to the future expansion and NRaas mods but they are all updated and the game to.. does anyone know what could have happen? anyway thanks for a great website!  Cool

Hello,

Are you using any mods that have something to do with books ? Please remove them all, even if the description says the mod is "compatible" with the current patch. Also, if you have added any "custom books", remove them too; they'll just cause trouble.

After that, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the file scriptCache.package.

Re-start the game and see what happens. Good luck and keep us updated !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jan 2014, 18:25

Thanks for the reply! Smile I did like you said, I had some "kids can read skill books mood" installed so I removed it and all that. I start the game and some books are back, but not all, and I can buy comics on the university but there are still no books in the bookshop. But it's better then nothing so thanks!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top