Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphics Card problem with The Sims 4 CAS Demo??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Graphics Card problem with The Sims 4 CAS Demo?? Empty Graphics Card problem with The Sims 4 CAS Demo??

Post by Guest Mon 11 Aug 2014, 14:00

To anyone computer savvy, some help would be appreciated with the problem I'm encountering when trying to run The Sims 4 CAS Demo. (And yes it's a torrent version, but I think it's rather inconsequential with the issue I'm facing.) Sooo, when I try to run it, this happens

Graphics Card problem with The Sims 4 CAS Demo?? Yii_oo12

Fact is, my graphics card is an ATI RADEON HD 5700 series, which, according to the system specs AND the GraphicsCards file located in Game/Bin, it is actually supported. I think I have the latest drivers installed, too. So what could be in fault? 

Thanks in advance Smile

Back to top Go down

Graphics Card problem with The Sims 4 CAS Demo?? Empty Re: Graphics Card problem with The Sims 4 CAS Demo??

Post by Guest Mon 11 Aug 2014, 15:35

My 5450 worked.

I have the demo from origin.

Back to top Go down

Graphics Card problem with The Sims 4 CAS Demo?? Empty Re: Graphics Card problem with The Sims 4 CAS Demo??

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Aug 2014, 17:10

liadegrecia wrote:To anyone computer savvy, some help would be appreciated with the problem I'm encountering when trying to run The Sims 4 CAS Demo. (And yes it's a torrent version, but I think it's rather inconsequential with the issue I'm facing.) Sooo, when I try to run it, this happens

Graphics Card problem with The Sims 4 CAS Demo?? Yii_oo12

Fact is, my graphics card is an ATI RADEON HD 5700 series, which, according to the system specs AND the GraphicsCards file located in Game/Bin, it is actually supported. I think I have the latest drivers installed, too. So what could be in fault? 

Thanks in advance Smile

Hello,

Just to be safe: are you absolutely sure that your drivers are up-to-date ? Also, did you install that "vcredist_x86" or whatever that file is called, BEFORE ?  Most people had to install that file (included in the download), to get the demo working...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Aug 2014, 17:32

Yeah, I actually checked it and I'm up to date with the drivers.. I installed the file you mentioned too, because I read it was solving black screen issues, so I thought it would help with graphics related issues in general, but to no avail. I keep getting the same message. I don't get it. It doesn't make any sense to be getting a message like that when the graphics card is indeed supported. I must be missing something, but I can't figure it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Aug 2014, 18:14

liadegrecia wrote:Yeah, I actually checked it and I'm up to date with the drivers.. I installed the file you mentioned too, because I read it was solving black screen issues, so I thought it would help with graphics related issues in general, but to no avail. I keep getting the same message. I don't get it. It doesn't make any sense to be getting a message like that when the graphics card is indeed supported. I must be missing something, but I can't figure it out.

I'm almost out of explanations I'm afraid.. Sad But do you also have a vp6.reg file in your download ? Can you double-click on that file and confirm the following message(s) ? 

Try re-starting the game then. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top