Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do i need the Ultimate Fix? or Manual Patch? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

do i need the Ultimate Fix? or Manual Patch? [SOLVED] Empty do i need the Ultimate Fix? or Manual Patch? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Aug 2014, 20:07

i have the sims 3 from a cd. I've got the sims 3 deluxe so the cds are original. now the question is do i need the manual patch? while i was reading in the forum i thought that the manual patch is only for when you download the base game from online or as a torrent. another question, when i downloaded seasons torrent by g4tw, the game started running really slowly. even though with the ambitions it didnt have a problem. i tried some of your methods but none worked. i downloaded the program that's supposed to make games run smoothly but it didnt work also. i also downloaded the ultimate fix even tho i dont know what it does, ive followed the steps. it still was slow. i then uninstalled ambitions bc i dont like it but the game was still slow. so i uninstalled the whole game from my pc and im now downloading it again but without the ambitions so i can download generation also from g4tw. but they asked for an update for the game. i still havent downloaded generations and the game is still updating. do i need the manual patch or ultimate fix? confused

thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

do i need the Ultimate Fix? or Manual Patch? [SOLVED] Empty Re: do i need the Ultimate Fix? or Manual Patch? [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Wed 20 Aug 2014, 00:59

Hello,

Since you already have some expansion packs installed, yes, we highly recommend using the manual patch, as described in step 2: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Remember, DO NOT skip any steps if you want your game to work afterwards!

As for the lag, it can be caused by Mods and Custom Content too. If you have any, temporarily remove ALL of them and try again.
You can also try using GameBooster from www.iobit.com/gamebooster.php .
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

do i need the Ultimate Fix? or Manual Patch? [SOLVED] Empty Re: do i need the Ultimate Fix? or Manual Patch? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 09:31

thank you it's working perfectly uwu 

although i have to admit the problem was the mods and saves file. i didnt know it was supposed to be /that/ mod. Facepalm

thank you Embarassed

Mod edit: if you ever have any other questions, feel free to open a new thread. Have fun ! Topic closed. Smile 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top