Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marrying a Sim

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marrying a Sim Empty Marrying a Sim

Post by Guest Mon 25 Aug 2014, 00:09

I've just recently started playing the Sims 3, and I'm just wondering, when you marry a Sim (Like a random elder Sim you find on the street) do you get their money? If so, if you then kill them by drowning them or whatever, do you keep their home and money?

Back to top Go down

Marrying a Sim Empty Re: Marrying a Sim

Post by Guest Mon 25 Aug 2014, 19:17

I think yes and yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Aug 2014, 19:27

I confirm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Aug 2014, 20:33

GhettoGurl55 wrote:I've just recently started playing the Sims 3, and I'm just wondering, when you marry a Sim (Like a random elder Sim you find on the street) do you get their money? If so, if you then kill them by drowning them or whatever, do you keep their home and money?

Hello,

The standard case is that once your sim marries another sim, that other sim will be merged with your household. Any money that this sim brought along, should (?) be added to the overall household income, too.

And yes, once that otehr sim dies, you can of course keep the money and the house. Smile  Just keep in mind that it mihgt not be possible for young agults and adults to marry elder sims (at least that's what I read some time ago). Maybe that was changed in the meantime, but then: should you not manage that, you may want to look for mods that enable this kind of stuff ("Awesome Mod", for example). 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 03 Sep 2014, 07:00

GhettoGurl55 wrote:I've just recently started playing the Sims 3, and I'm just wondering, when you marry a Sim (Like a random elder Sim you find on the street) do you get their money? If so, if you then kill them by drowning them or whatever, do you keep their home and money?
Hello, GhettoGulr55!

It took me forever, but I finally have the perfect tutorial for you!!!

I tested this theory and I got Lady ElDi's evil twin sister to marry an old rich sim, then kill him later and keep the house and the money for herself, har har har...

I hope you like it!!!

Please, Lady ElDi, understand that it was an accident that I had your evil twin sister, the game generated a random sim that looked too much like your avatar, so I just went with it... Accept my apologies in advance and let me know in case you want my video removed or any relation to your profile deleted...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Sep 2014, 11:39

In order to keep his house, when you choose to marry someone you get the option at whose house you want to move int, you can either choose the house that you currently living or the house that his was living . So you have to press the arrow to either transfer your self to his house or him to your house. And yes you keep his money and what he have bough after his death.  Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 04 Sep 2014, 01:31

AyraMizrim wrote:In order to keep his house, when you choose to marry someone you get the option at whose house you want to move int, you can either choose the house that you currently living or the house that his was living . So you have to press the arrow to either transfer your self to his house or him to your house. And yes you keep his money and what he have bough after his death.  Razz
Yes! But I found out that, if I didn't keep at least the "stepdaughter" besides the golden couple, I would not keep the money, as you can see in my video, which is really funny. Would you know why?
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Sep 2014, 01:34

Wow, not bad ! Smile  Nice video(s) !

These would be a cool addition to the "tips & tricks" section, maybe, if you want. In-game (video) guides are always nice !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 04 Sep 2014, 01:40

Carlos wrote:Wow, not bad ! Smile  Nice video(s) !

These would be a cool addition to the "tips & tricks" section, maybe, if you want. In-game (video) guides are always nice !
Thank you very much!!! I would love to make videos that can be used as guides!! Please be welcome to suggest any theme!!!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 02:02

Well it depends. See when you get married the game will ask you which household you want your sims to move into. In that case of an elder, in order to get her fortune you would move into their household however, you will take the amount that household has, it wouldn't add on to what you already have. If you've noticed, when you move households it tells you that the other household has 0 simoleons. Keep in mind that if your household owned another property all those properties will not move with your new household, for example like how right after you get married it asks you which house you want to take, you may want to swap the people in your sim's spouses house to your old house but if while playing your old house you owned a resort then whoever lives in your new house would own that resort.
Did that help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 20:13

SvenT wrote:
AyraMizrim wrote:In order to keep his house, when you choose to marry someone you get the option at whose house you want to move int, you can either choose the house that you currently living or the house that his was living . So you have to press the arrow to either transfer your self to his house or him to your house. And yes you keep his money and what he have bough after his death.  Razz
Yes! But I found out that, if I didn't keep at least the "stepdaughter" besides the golden couple, I would not keep the money, as you can see in my video, which is really funny. Would you know why?

If i remember correctly that is only if he/she will in-cloud you at the will (mean every once in a while when the sim dies leaves an amount of money to each family member had more love/friendship)
Or i am mistaken? 

And indeed i agree with Carlos expecting you to make more trick and tips videos! You got a new fan SvenT-sama  Twisted Evil Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 05 Sep 2014, 05:18

AyraMizrim wrote:
SvenT wrote:

If i remember correctly that is only if he/she will in-cloud you at the will (mean every once in a while when the sim dies leaves an amount of money to each family member had more love/friendship)
Or i am mistaken? 

And indeed i agree with Carlos expecting you to make more trick and tips videos! You got a new fan SvenT-sama  Twisted Evil Razz
Thanks a lot, Ayra! I just post the sequel, which you can watch below, where Evil Lady ElDi's Twin has her husband's death by starvation (locked in his room, a seven day diet gone wrong), then she fulfills her lifetime desire when she meets her husband's ghost...

I hope you like it! See you!!!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Sep 2014, 13:38

Hahahaha i loved it lol xD , Not sure how much Lady ElDi will hahahah  lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 05 Sep 2014, 15:02

AyraMizrim wrote:Hahahaha i loved it lol xD , Not sure how much Lady ElDi will hahahah  lol!
I really wish she is ok with it, I could not let this pass me by...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down