Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Age Origins fmod issue???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Age Origins fmod issue??? Empty Dragon Age Origins fmod issue???

Post by Guest Mon 01 Sep 2014, 06:49

So after spending all weekend waiting for the torrent to finish for the Dragon Age: Origins, I installed it (did not update tho) and it's not running. I double click the games icon in the bin (I made sure to replace it with the crack one like it said in the instructions) but I keep getting the error that 'fmod_event.dll' is missing. Spent like an hour googling and found mostly people saying to reinstall the game (did so twice, didn't help) or to find a download for the missing dll (couldn't find any reputable sites however).

One person said to copy and paste ALL the dll's from the bin folder for Dragon Age and move them to the system and system32 folder. I did this. It then began running. However as soon as the screen goes black and I think its running it crashes and stops working.

I really don't know what to do and if anyone could help me and send me any links/sites I need to fix this? I would looove that. :<

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age Origins fmod issue??? Empty Re: Dragon Age Origins fmod issue???

Post by Guest Mon 01 Sep 2014, 07:21

Hi there!   

One option that you could try is uninstalling the game completely. To do this, you can use programs like Your Uninstaller! Pro or Revo Uninstaller. You can get the first one from the G4TW download server here: 
http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html  

If you do get this one, you should select the game and use "Super Mode" to uninstall it. Then, restart your PC and install it again and see if the .dll file is there now.  

Another option is actually downloading the .dll that is missing from this website:
http://www.dll-files.com

I recommend downloading the .dll and adding it yourself. The software they are offering is most likely filled with adware that you don't want in your PC.

Let us know how it goes! Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Sep 2014, 12:40

onecutekat wrote:So after spending all weekend waiting for the torrent to finish for the Dragon Age: Origins, I installed it (did not update tho) and it's not running. I double click the games icon in the bin (I made sure to replace it with the crack one like it said in the instructions) but I keep getting the error that 'fmod_event.dll' is missing. Spent like an hour googling and found mostly people saying to reinstall the game (did so twice, didn't help) or to find a download for the missing dll (couldn't find any reputable sites however).

One person said to copy and paste ALL the dll's from the bin folder for Dragon Age and move them to the system and system32 folder. I did this. It then began running. However as soon as the screen goes black and I think its running it crashes and stops working.

I really don't know what to do and if anyone could help me and send me any links/sites I need to fix this? I would looove that. :<

Hello oncecutekat,

In addition to what SeoY said before, for now, you should indeed trying to un-install and re-install - but this time properly. You may indeed use "Your Un-installer Pro", choosing "Super-Mode" for un-installing. After this is done, re-boot the computer please.

Next, please edit the settings in your anti-virus so that the whole program folders - Program files and Program files(x86) - are added to the "exceptions" of your anti-virus software. If you need more help on that, you might want to do some googling, since I don't know what anti-virus you are using. But you should look for something called "exceptions".

Now...do you still have the .RAR of Dragon Age: Origins ? Please make a NEW folder somewhere, and then extract ALL contents of the .RAR into that empty folder. Please use the program WinRAR only for that, and nothing else. Then start the installation from within the folder.

Next, please update and crack the game to the latest available version. I think there is a patch and crack to the 1.03 version, inside the folder named #v.1.03 Update. There are instructions in the download on how to apply that update and crack.

As a final step; please re-run the latest update of your graphics drivers; even if you did that already. Look for the name and model of your graphics card and re-download the latest available driver. In many cases, you will end up with an .exe file, which you should double-click to re-apply the update. I actually had a similar problem once, and managed to fix it by re-applying the graphics driver update - I'm not sure though if that works in all cases. I did not have to re-install though.

That's it for now; good luck ! And take your time to read everything carefully.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Sep 2014, 14:43

Actually the game has been updated to 1.05 so that may be a better conclusion to the problem you may have also know that there are about 50 items called extras for a full installation of the game. Also Please follow SEoY's installation instructions

01 - Dragon Age Origins
02 - Dragon Age Origins Awakening
03 - Patch 1.05
04 - Downloadable Content
05 - crack
06 - Run decrypt_all. So that your 50 additions will all work correctly.

Any other questions can easily be answered. Just ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Sep 2014, 17:37

Haakonas wrote:Actually the game has been updated to 1.05 so that may be a better conclusion to the problem you may have also know that there are about 50 items called extras for a full installation of the game. Also Please follow SEoY's installation instructions

01 - Dragon Age Origins
02 - Dragon Age Origins Awakening
03 - Patch 1.05
04 - Downloadable Content
05 - crack
06 - Run decrypt_all. So that your 50 additions will all work correctly.

Any other questions can easily be answered. Just ask.

Yes, there is a newer update for the game out, and you need that in order to download/use some of the DLC items. But you would then have to look for another crack too. The crack that is included in G4TW's game is only updated to the 1.03 version.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Sep 2014, 19:44

There is also a crack for 1.05 and it would be regarded as a final Fix to the game and I should know as I own the game itself and no it was not a D'load but the actual Games and Disks to go with them themselves. Not trying to cause problems but being an Old game now by today's standards it should have the latest information.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Sep 2014, 19:49

Haakonas wrote:There is also a crack for 1.05 and it would be regarded as a final Fix to the game and I should know as I own the game itself and no it was not a D'load but the actual Games and Disks to go with them themselves. Not trying to cause problems but being an Old game now by today's standards it should have the latest information.

I know that there is this 1.05 crack too. I'm using it myself. Wink  The thing is that this game was released long ago, when there was still the 1.03 game version. Sure, "updated information" can be included, but keep in mind that the priorities of G4TW are elsewhere now (The Sims 4). Updated versions of current G4TW releases aren't going to come, at least not anytime soon.

Besides, the current problem of the OP is to get the game working, and for the OP's problem, the 1.05 patch isn't necessary (although, of course, it wouldn't hurt).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Sep 2014, 20:11

Ok Good we are in agreement than. Just happen to like giving all information possible when it is available. I also know that Admin is concentrating on Sims 4 and would love to add that as a Download but I as everyone else still have till midnight to get it for us all as I have not only purchased The Sims 4 but I cannot allow that version to come here as the Game itself is only for the Collectors edition and that version will only use one version of the CD Key. If and when I get the normal version I shall provide it unless you can have it before me where any key for The Sims 4 will do.  Hammertime pirat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top