Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims Life Stories not loading

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims Life Stories not loading Empty Sims Life Stories not loading

Post by Guest Wed 03 Sep 2014, 22:35

I just received the Sims Life Stories in the mail today and it installed on my laptop just fine. (Running Windows 8 ) I tried loading it, and I get this error "Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG! The application will now terminate."

I know when I ran Sims 2 on Windows 7 that I had to change the property settings to run compatible with XP. I tried that on this (Windows 8 ) and it then tells me I need to insert the CD. Well..it's in the laptop. I have tried all the compatibility settings and none worked. So I'm not sure what to do.

Back to top Go down

Sims Life Stories not loading Empty Re: Sims Life Stories not loading

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Sep 2014, 00:18

alibeasley wrote:I just received the Sims Life Stories in the mail today and it installed on my laptop just fine. (Running Windows 8 ) I tried loading it, and I get this error "Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG! The application will now terminate."

I know when I ran Sims 2 on Windows 7 that I had to change the property settings to run compatible with XP. I tried that on this (Windows 8 ) and it then tells me I need to insert the CD. Well..it's in the laptop. I have tried all the compatibility settings and none worked. So I'm not sure what to do.

//MOVED

Hello alibeasly,

First, I moved your topic to the right section. Smile  Since the "Sims stories" games are (somewhat) related to The Sims 2, I moved the post accordingly. That said, while I have downloaded the game, I have not yet installed it though.

If you want to give it a try, I uploaded a crack for the game, here:
http://goo.gl/d6gFxw

You need to copy and paste the two files inside, and paste them into your installation location of "The Sims Stories". Paste them into the sub-folder "TSBin", replacing all the existing files. I really can't tell though if that crack will be working for you too, but it's worth a shot. Other than that I'm afraid I'm clueless. Sad  Maybe it has to do with Windows 8 ? These older Sims titles have huge problems on Windows 8...

Sorry I can't really help much more, at this point. If you want, do post back though, maybe someone else has better advice.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 01:06

I did download that crack and put it in the TSBin folder. It did, however, not work. I still get the same error. I had contacted EA and they told me Windows 8 was not compatible. Thanks anyway!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Sep 2014, 01:21

alibeasley wrote:I did download that crack and put it in the TSBin folder. It did, however, not work. I still get the same error. I had contacted EA and they told me Windows 8 was not compatible. Thanks anyway!

You still got the "insert disc" prompt ?!  Shocked  Wow, OK...it's a shame that EA are (most likely) not going to fix these issues with Windows 8 and the older Sims titles, but - yes. Well. 

No
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 01:34

Oh, I received the: Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG! error

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Sep 2014, 22:02

alibeasley wrote:Oh, I received the: Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG! error

Not sure if it's worth a shot, but can you try and google for the latest .NET framework updates for Windows ? Normally, it should come along with your regular Windows updates too, but in case you haven't downloaded/installed it yet you might want to give it a try.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top