Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scrolling through Sims 4 Facebook Comments and...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scrolling through Sims 4 Facebook Comments and... Empty Scrolling through Sims 4 Facebook Comments and...

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 02:35

People are maaaaad.
Like disappointed and mad about the outcome of the game.
So far people are saying the following:

Kristy H.
"Seems like way more people hate this game than like it. I was bummed out because I can't buy it until next payday. I didn't have the money to pre-order it. Now I'm glad. It is seems more expensive than I was expecting and it might not be worth the price. Maybe I'll even wait a while and see if the base price goes down eventually. Not sure I want the game without the create a style feature."

Tia S.
"
My sims 4 paused during installation and won't let me resume it unless I buy something!!!???!!! WTC???? I paid enough money for it already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! disappointed"

Cam R,
"
Why are the neighborhoods so small? And the lots? Everything is tiny. It's like you guys have took a giant step back into The Sims 1, or 2? This game was hyped so much. I could have handled the weird neighborhood layout had there been more empty lot availability, or maybe neighborhood expansions. Could you guys please enlighten us on what your plans are? Because as of now you're going to be losing sales. I think if you told us what you plan on doing with the game in the future, you could possibly hold onto customers. But as of now, myself, and several others I know are greatly disappointed."

Lavon T.

After the long wait I find this version of the sims a big let down i will stick with the sims 3 to me it seem's like they took the game back a few steps to many things are missing

and so on....

I found ONE person who was happy with the game. It made a 14 year old girl cry...no kidding...

What is going on?

Back to top Go down

Scrolling through Sims 4 Facebook Comments and... Empty Re: Scrolling through Sims 4 Facebook Comments and...

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 02:39

ok... try playing Sims 3 base version of the game by itself, see how much you'll enjoy it

Back to top Go down

Scrolling through Sims 4 Facebook Comments and... Empty Re: Scrolling through Sims 4 Facebook Comments and...

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 03:05

it's EA what do you expect? microtransactions are their marketing strategy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 03:31

I actually did play the sims 3 base game by itself and i did enjoy it. It had everything advertised , All the age groups and then some some , and the amount of items in the base game alone can suffice a person. Well a Mod user maybe but user nonetheless lol
I mean the sims 3 had a crap...correction..still has a crap load of issues with it..but atleast it was a complete game to begin with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 03:44

People are always going to find something to complain about.
But, from what I'm hearing, people are liking the game, it's just buggy which is normal I think (sims 3 anyone?)
And i did enjoyed playing the sims 3 base game because it was complete, having no toddlers will be weird.
And the thing with base games is that we are used with having everything from the previous "era" so not having certain things that we liked and were used to using may become boring after the whole excitement part stops, but that's what EPs are for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 04:47

ana1000 wrote:People are always going to find something to complain about.
But, from what I'm hearing, people are liking the game, it's just buggy which is normal I think (sims 3 anyone?)
And i did enjoyed playing the sims 3 base game because it was complete, having no toddlers will be weird.
And the thing with base games is that we are used with having everything from the previous "era" so not having certain things that we liked and were used to using may become boring after the whole excitement part stops, but that's what EPs are for.

from what i am reading there are more bad stuff than good, on ea forums it's all lollipop and rainbows because they delete consumer feedbacks that may impact on their sales, from what i see it's a game that has a lot of potential, now it's not for me to judge because i didn't play the game yet but who knows? maybe it's true, maybe it's not, we'll just have to see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 04:51

I bought the sims 4, and to be honest the first time I played it I was so disappointed. I also enjoy the vanilla sims 3 so. Back to the Sims 4, it is just so hyped up, that it's not that exciting once you play it. Plus you have your expectations so high, the game was meh to my expectations. I played it more and enjoy it a bit more now, it honestly just takes getting used to. I'm also a bit upset like everyone else, going from a full open world to having to visit all lots. You can still talk to people on the sidewalks though. I am a little disappointed, but it's not that bad. It's not the horror stories with bugs everyone keeps saying, at least for me. I haven't ran into a single bug yet and I've played practically all day. Although I never had bugs with the Sims 3, maybe I'm just a lucky one.  I'm glad they added bars and tattoos and stuff though, LOL they had to add a few things for taking out toddlers and pools. I agree though, it kind of feels like 70% sims 2 and 30% sims 3. They did take a couple steps back, but loading time is substantially different in The sims 4. (Maybe because it's vanilla?) Unfortunately EA being EA will prob just add everything we miss in future expansions. Overall, I enjoy it. Was it worth $70? No. But I still bought it because we simmers always will get sims some way XD. I'm definitely waiting on the G4TW expansions though. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 05:03

Facebook comments for any product is always toxic, so don't always trust what everyone says on there.

That being said, this game isn't worth $40 and certainly not $70.  If anyone was hyped for it ,that was your own fault, it has been clear for months now this game has nothing new going for it, and a huge lack of new features.  The lack of open world is quite weird.  Maybe i'll be happy this game runs smooth like butter, that might help my enjoyment a little, but loading screens just go to cross the street?  That's crazy.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Sep 2014, 13:47

stabitha666 wrote:People are maaaaad.
Like disappointed and mad about the outcome of the game.
So far people are saying the following:

Kristy H.
"Seems like way more people hate this game than like it. I was bummed out because I can't buy it until next payday. I didn't have the money to pre-order it. Now I'm glad. It is seems more expensive than I was expecting and it might not be worth the price. Maybe I'll even wait a while and see if the base price goes down eventually. Not sure I want the game without the create a style feature."

Tia S.
"
My sims 4 paused during installation and won't let me resume it unless I buy something!!!???!!! WTC???? I paid enough money for it already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! disappointed"

Cam R,
"
Why are the neighborhoods so small? And the lots? Everything is tiny. It's like you guys have took a giant step back into The Sims 1, or 2? This game was hyped so much. I could have handled the weird neighborhood layout had there been more empty lot availability, or maybe neighborhood expansions. Could you guys please enlighten us on what your plans are? Because as of now you're going to be losing sales. I think if you told us what you plan on doing with the game in the future, you could possibly hold onto customers. But as of now, myself, and several others I know are greatly disappointed."

Lavon T.

After the long wait I find this version of the sims a big let down i will stick with the sims 3 to me it seem's like they took the game back a few steps to many things are missing

and so on....

I found ONE person who was happy with the game. It made a 14 year old girl cry...no kidding...

What is going on?

Hey Tabby,

Wow, is it that bad ? Well, I guess you can't expect anything, anymore...

erela wrote:I bought the sims 4, and to be honest the first time I played it I was so disappointed. I also enjoy the vanilla sims 3 so. Back to the Sims 4, it is just so hyped up, that it's not that exciting once you play it. Plus you have your expectations so high, the game was meh to my expectations. I played it more and enjoy it a bit more now, it honestly just takes getting used to. I'm also a bit upset like everyone else, going from a full open world to having to visit all lots. You can still talk to people on the sidewalks though. I am a little disappointed, but it's not that bad. It's not the horror stories with bugs everyone keeps saying, at least for me. I haven't ran into a single bug yet and I've played practically all day. Although I never had bugs with the Sims 3, maybe I'm just a lucky one.  I'm glad they added bars and tattoos and stuff though, LOL they had to add a few things for taking out toddlers and pools. I agree though, it kind of feels like 70% sims 2 and 30% sims 3. They did take a couple steps back, but loading time is substantially different in The sims 4. (Maybe because it's vanilla?) Unfortunately EA being EA will prob just add everything we miss in future expansions. Overall, I enjoy it. Was it worth $70? No. But I still bought it because we simmers always will get sims some way XD. I'm definitely waiting on the G4TW expansions though. Very Happy

Hey erela,

The fact that you were able to play with less bugs (probably) means that you were able to update your purchased game, with this "day one patch". Those that want to pirate the game will have a huge problem in this respect, as it appears (at this point) that...this update can only be retrieved via Origin. We're looking into that, but this doesn't exactly fall under the category "good news for pirates", to put it mildly.   No
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 14:53

Carlos wrote:

Hey Tabby,

Wow, is it that bad ? Well, I guess you can't expect anything, anymore...

I was just reporting what i was seeing on facebook. I said there was one positive comment. but it was more like :

Jayme H
" The sims 4 wasn't as bad as everyone said it was. It may not be the popular vote but its mine. What's more exciting, a rerun of Vampire Diaries is on"

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 04 Sep 2014, 15:04

Their basic marketing strategy is to milk their popular and well-received franchises to the best, until they are nothing but "mere water". Personally, I think EA has done a huge step backward in terms of The Sims 4. You see, careers in The Sims 4 are almost as same as The Sims 2. Your sims get into the carpool and then disappear out of nowhere until their shift is up. Everything, from Buy Mode, to neigbhourhood has been negated from little to nothing from The Sims 3 to 4. Can't blame these people for their complaints lol.

EA seems to misunderstand what marketing and business are all about. Marketing is not a study of what businesses want. Rather, it is a study of customer buying behaviors, market demands and customer needs, as well as psychology (I won't go through the psychology bits lol). Nowadays, customers want high-quality games, not games that are half-done and rushed. I know EA wants to earn as much money as possible, but in long term, their "marketing" strategy will lead them to failure and bankruptcy, since they ignore what customers want.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 15:34

well it seems to be the people with the bad reviews are people who aint played it just watched the vids reminds me of a mox of sims 1 and 2 just reloaded but other then that its good if u change it to the sims 3 cam setting them people aint a clue what they on about people who have played the game enjoy it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 17:18

I personally am disappointed. For 8 GB, it sure is empty...

Sims 3 will forever be my favourite.

DLC, ho!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 18:05

I bought and downloaded the deluxe version through the mexican origin website saving me over £30. The base game is only £22, deluxe is £6 more so I thought it worth a go as that is pretty cheap. Also if I don't like it I can still return it through the origin game guarantee.

I am hoping that at £28 Sims 4 might be worth its price, as with all the missing features they have no chance at £60.

It unlocks for me tonight at midnight although I am considering running it though a VPN to have a go now ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 18:13

it cost me £45 unlocks tonight but been playing the torrent game  and i aint a clue what people are on about yea a few things are missing but we know there coming in a dlc anyway the only diff thing is the cam dont forget when sims 3 base come out that was bare and people was giving that bad reviews tell the first ep sims 4 is worth the money but i dont think any game is work £50 £60

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 19:07

I'm going to be honest, when I first heard of all the content that would be left out of The Sims 4 I wasn't thrilled at all. I figured I just wait to get it after a few expansions released or something along those lines. However, I decided to give it a shot. After all, The Sims 4 is it's own game.

I played for 10 hours yesterday and I have yet to get bored. I like the moods that they get in and I love how they multitask (my sim likes to text while she's on the toilet). Yeah the lots are a bit small and yeah the neighbor being closed off was a bit weird but there's so much detail in the game now. For example, my sim dumps left over food off the plates and then washes them. She even eats chips one by one! I was getting tired of seeing them use a fork on everything haha.

I feel like I'm getting my moneys worth so far.If you aren't sure just get the game free when its released by G4TW. Sometimes you just have to try it yourself instead of rely on reviews.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 19:35

I love the responses coming in the thread but everyone seems to have misunderstood the whole point of my posting it.
I wasn't complaining. How can i complain about something i haven't played yet. I was simply showing what people are saying about the game so far. So far it has been mostly been negative and i did say i found a positive remark.

There are people that i have posted here, who have played the game , who have given both positive and negative criticism. But you all have agreed on things. Researching through the remarks of others. Nothing wrong with that.

Harmless chit chat. Nothing more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 20:26

stabitha666 wrote:I love the responses coming in the thread but everyone seems to have misunderstood the whole point of my posting it.
I wasn't complaining. How can i complain about something i haven't played yet. I was simply showing what people are saying about the game so far. So far it has been mostly been negative and i did say i found a positive remark.

There are people that i have posted here, who have played the game , who have given both positive and negative criticism. But you all have agreed on things. Researching through the remarks of others. Nothing wrong with that.

Oh no, I never said you were complaining . I was saying that people should go into The Sims 4 with an open-mind. That's ll. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Sep 2014, 20:45

stabitha666 wrote:I love the responses coming in the thread but everyone seems to have misunderstood the whole point of my posting it.

I knew you were only reporting what others said. Surprised   My post before was only intended to express surprise, on my part. Razz  While I didn't really expect that much from the game, I'm still surprised because the majority of people don't seem to be too happy, mildly said.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 22:50

dandmcd wrote:Facebook comments for any product is always toxic, so don't always trust what everyone says on there.

That being said, this game isn't worth $40 and certainly not $70.  If anyone was hyped for it ,that was your own fault, it has been clear for months now this game has nothing new going for it, and a huge lack of new features.  The lack of open world is quite weird.  Maybe i'll be happy this game runs smooth like butter, that might help my enjoyment a little, but loading screens just go to cross the street?  That's crazy.

I didn't get a chance to check out any videos on Sims 4 game play yet. Going to check in a few but, No open world and loading screen when you want to cross the street?
Hmmm that is going to be weird. So far I like the look of the actual sims better in Sims 3. Not sure I like the cartoonish looking world. When G4TW releases it I will download it and play it but, I will be more exicted when EA comes out with expantion packs. I'm looking forward to downloading and checking it out but, to be honest I was more exicited when Sims 3 Seasons was realeased.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 23:12

it seems to be the fact the people who dont like the game havent played it them self only watched videos so all who have not played yet should keep an open mind  be4  giving any king of review it as just as much content as the sims 3 base game did and as for the loading screens yea its a pain but there quick and thats good for people with low end pcs thats was not able to play sims 3  so for them people it dont lag so its best for everyone not just for people like my self and some others on here that have top end pcs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 23:49

SoSoBelle wrote:

Oh no, I never said you were complaining . I was saying that people should go into The Sims 4 with an open-mind. That's ll. Very Happy
I agree with both post that you've written ... Ban  lol
No but seriously,  You are right. The whole meaning behind the sims is to be Openminded, So you would think the people playing it would be as well. Come on, Llamas ....do i need to say more.

//EDIT

Carlos wrote:

I knew you were only reporting what others said. Surprised   My post before was only intended to express surprise, on my part. Razz  While I didn't really expect that much from the game, I'm still surprised because the majority of people don't seem to be too happy, mildly said.
Carlos...you see my Avatar right....I'm gonna get you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Sep 2014, 00:20

john032194 wrote:
ana1000 wrote:People are always going to find something to complain about.

from what i am reading there are more bad stuff than good, on ea forums it's all lollipop and rainbows because they delete consumer feedbacks that may impact on their sales, from what i see it's a game that has a lot of potential, now it's not for me to judge because i didn't play the game yet but who knows? maybe it's true, maybe it's not, we'll just have to see.
I get that, and to be really honest most of the good reviews are coming from people with really good gaming computers. Maybe the game is just not that very low end frindly as they claimed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Sep 2014, 00:35

I just watched a couple of videos but not many because most of them got on my nerves lol. But, so far from what I did see I like the new animations of the sims and how they can multi-task. The map view is kinda strange. Reminds me of Yoville or something. Should be interesting to play and who knows what exciting expantions they will have in the future for the game. I love custom content and game mods so should be interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Sep 2014, 01:32

stabitha666 wrote:
Carlos wrote:

Carlos...you see my Avatar right....I'm gonna get you.

pale

In that case, I will patiently await my inevitable fate.  Razz  bounce 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top