Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help With Windows 7 Install

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need Help With Windows 7 Install Empty Need Help With Windows 7 Install

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 12:28

Hi, I need some help installing the windows 7 torrent. I tried burning it to a dvd but when it loaded it kept saying 'CD/DVD device driver not found, I tried using a USB, I did everything correctly but it doesn't even load the installer with it. I even tried launcher it from the desktop but it said 'Windows 7 home premium can not upgrade to ultimate' Could someone please help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Back to top Go down

Need Help With Windows 7 Install Empty Re: Need Help With Windows 7 Install

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Sep 2014, 19:09

jac4e wrote:Hi, I need some help installing the windows 7 torrent. I tried burning it to a dvd but when it loaded it kept saying 'CD/DVD device driver not found, I tried using a USB, I did everything correctly but it doesn't even load the installer with it. I even tried launcher it from the desktop but it said 'Windows 7 home premium can not upgrade to ultimate' Could someone please help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

//MOVED

Hello jac4e and welcome,

I'm not sure how you used the USB flashdrive, but Narong posted a video tutorial, here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15327-win-to-flash-how-to-create-a-bootable-pendrive

Please have a look at that video; was that what you tried to do already ? If that - for some reason - doesn't work, you might have to try un-installing and re-installing your CD/DVD device drivers. As of now, I would wait with that latter option, though.

Good luck for now and do post back about your results !

//EDIT

Do you get a specific "error code" in that message about the CD/DVD drive ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 22:37

Carlos wrote:
jac4e wrote:Hi, I need some help installing the windows 7 torrent. I tried burning it to a dvd but when it loaded it kept saying 'CD/DVD device driver not found, I tried using a USB, I did everything correctly but it doesn't even load the installer with it. I even tried launcher it from the desktop but it said 'Windows 7 home premium can not upgrade to ultimate' Could someone please help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong. 

//MOVED

Hello jac4e and welcome,

I'm not sure how you used the USB flashdrive, but Narong posted a video tutorial, here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15327-win-to-flash-how-to-create-a-bootable-pendrive

Please have a look at that video; was that what you tried to do already ? If that - for some reason - doesn't work, you might have to try un-installing and re-installing your CD/DVD device drivers. As of now, I would wait with that latter option, though.

Good luck for now and do post back about your results !

//EDIT

Do you get a specific "error code" in that message about the CD/DVD drive ?
So I used that method, it worked but when i tried to upgrade it said i and to do it from my desktop, it wouldn't let me do it if i booted from the usb. And, as i said, if i do it from the desktop it says 'Windows home premium can not be upgraded to windows ultimate, try a fresh install' but i don't want a fresh install because I don't want to redownload my 200 games from steam and install all my other ones from the disc

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Sep 2014, 23:03

jac4e wrote:So I used that method, it worked but when i tried to upgrade it said i and to do it from my desktop, it wouldn't let me do it if i booted from the usb. And, as i said, if i do it from the desktop it says 'Windows home premium can not be upgraded to windows ultimate, try a fresh install' but i don't want a fresh install because I don't want to redownload my 200 games from steam and install all my other ones from the disc

Try this: press the Windows key + R, and in the window that pops up, type regedit and hit enter. Go to the following location now:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Microsoft -> WindowsNT -> Current version

Click on that folder "Current version". On the right-hand side, you'll see entries. Double-click on the EditionID and under "Value Data", write Enterprise. Press OK. Now double-click on the ProductName. This time, write Windows Enterprise in the value data field. Press OK again, and close the registry editor.

Now go to the USB flashdrive or DVD disc and look for the setup.exe. Right-click on it and go to Properties. Change the compatibility to Windows Vista SP2.

Then try again "upgrading" to Ultimate. And yes, if this doesn't work either, you might try a "fresh" install - then you'll also have to deal with re-downloading your stuff, if you cannot back it up (isn't it possible in Steam to backup game files ?). Or stick with Home Premium. 

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 23:20

Carlos wrote:

Try this: press the Windows key + R, and in the window that pops up, type regedit and hit enter. Go to the following location now:

Click on that folder "Current version". On the right-hand side, you'll see entries. Double-click on the EditionID and under "Value Data", write Enterprise. Press OK. Now double-click on the ProductName. This time, write Windows Enterprise in the value data field. Press OK again, and close the registry editor.

Now go to the USB flashdrive or DVD disc and look for the setup.exe. Right-click on it and go to Properties. Change the compatibility to Windows Vista SP2.

Then try again "upgrading" to Ultimate. And yes, if this doesn't work either, you might try a "fresh" install - then you'll also have to deal with re-downloading your stuff, if you cannot back it up (isn't it possible in Steam to backup game files ?). Or stick with Home Premium. 

Good luck !
Now it just says can "following issues are stopping the installation, 'windows 32 bit cannot upgrade to 64 bit windows' and '64 bit windows cannot be upgraded to 32 bit windows'" So I'm probably just going to stay with home premium unless I can get it working

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Sep 2014, 23:35

jac4e wrote:Now it just says can "following issues are stopping the installation, 'windows 32 bit cannot upgrade to 64 bit windows' and '64 bit windows cannot be upgraded to 32 bit windows'" So I'm probably just going to stay with home premium unless I can get it working

Sorry to hear about that; maybe someone else has better advice on that. But yes, either try sticking to your current Windows, or try backing up as much as you can. In the case of the latter, try a "fresh" installation then.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Sep 2014, 00:34

I think I know whats happening, Microsoft wants people to use anytime upgrade for some odd reason, so I guess its either stay with windows 7 home premium or upgrade to windows 8.1 Pro. Both options give me shivers down my spine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Sep 2014, 08:51

jac4e wrote:
Carlos wrote:

Good luck !
Now it just says can "following issues are stopping the installation, 'windows 32 bit cannot upgrade to 64 bit windows' and '64 bit windows cannot be upgraded to 32 bit windows'" So I'm probably just going to stay with home premium unless I can get it working
Question 1 is you Home premium windows 32bit? or 64 bit? The dvd you have burn it must be the same bit in order to change from premium till enterprise or ultimate. So in case you having 32bit and the windows you burn is 64 bit it will not work  has to be the same. in order to change it you will have to do a fresh installetion unfortunatly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 04:38

AyraMizrim wrote:Question 1 is you Home premium windows 32bit? or 64 bit? The dvd you have burn it must be the same bit in order to change from premium till enterprise or ultimate. So in case you having 32bit and the windows you burn is 64 bit it will not work  has to be the same. in order to change it you will have to do a fresh installetion unfortunatly.
It is 64 bit and I am picking the Windows Ultimate X64

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 08:35

Then you should't have problem , you could try use the steps for usb format (you can choose the upgrade option insteed of format) though this :

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/a/install-windows-7-usb.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 16:15

AyraMizrim wrote:Then you should't have problem , you could try use the steps for usb format (you can choose the upgrade option insteed of format) though this :
If you read the thread I already did that, and it seems like you can only use any time upgrade to upgrade to different versions of windows 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top