Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Cove

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lost Cove Empty Lost Cove

Post by Guest Mon 08 Sep 2014, 14:11

Hello people Lost Cove Cid:AEE66949-7C82-415D-BA4F-1E2650985953@home

May I present you the long work of a whole summer : Lost Cove
For the observant one : yes, it is Isla Paradiso from Island Paradise, for those already panicking : no, you don't need the expansion to play the world Lost Cove Cid:0DFD656A-BB14-4C57-95F4-10EF51B3851C@home

Lost Cove as a post-post apocalyptic world, 28 years after an apocalypse Lost Cove Cid:A5E3D7D0-B9DE-49C3-9E59-6618DE4620E9@home

Lost Cove Lostcove1

Once the world was fine and pushing technological boundaries was a daily challenge, to make the world, «a better place». Just like predicated in every sci-fi books or movies, Sims went too far … Was it an experiment that turned bad or the sum of too much pollution ? Could have been a pandemic or pure bad luck ? No one really knows ...

Nevertheless, technology failed, weather stormed, earthquakes rambled and flooding changed everything. Including your Sims life and lifestyle. 30 years after the Apocalypse, Nature took its right back. And Sims had to adapt to survive. But now, Sims want more than surviving, they are ready to rebuild !

Lost Cove is an archipelago, already a community before the apocalypse. A lot of friends perished when the Apocalypse occurred. The majority of the inhabitants flew black to their family, inlands. Some wished to stay, seemed impossible for them to leave the islands and tried to save what was left in Lost Cove. They were lucky enough indeed. So, they decided to build a new community, with new rules. The Town Hall did not suffer too much damage. Was it a sign ?

The whole thing is a sign ! Just the Town Hall and the Criminal Hideout were left good to use. Downtown sinked. Nothing remained. For the hippies, it is the Aquarius age - time to be, to feel, to live, to be in the "now". For others, only despair and chaos, no more law, no more rules, criminals all over the places, people stealing from others. And that sudden coming out of vampires and all strange creatures ... they even made a bar just outside of the Town Hall ... So many signs, so many new things to process. A new world ? But what kind ? And that's not counting on those who want to go back to the Old World ( can't imagine how much the hippies are against it ! )

Rebuilding the community was hard and it was decided that if one wanted something, one had to do it by itself. First, it was to bring back people together, so the Vampire Bar came out and people start talking about it. They didn't feel like abiding by some rules, since the archipelago wouldn't be touristic for a long time again, they could rebuild for them, what did they all wanted right now ? Thus, the school isn't a classic one and indeed all buildings go the same way ... but hey, the community is glad to have start something.

Buildings such as houses are still in a kind of half-finished condition. Until now ... The main island is the biggest one. The second island can't be reach by the bridge like before, actually all islands are isolated and can only be reach by swimming. No one had time to explore them and assets their needs. The bridges collapsed, the previous downtown sinked and the only road remaining is near to useless. Nature is really everywhere ! Sure, it is beautiful, scenery no one paid attention to before, but is it enough to fill a life ? Will it keep people warm in the middle of winter ?

Don't fool yourself, Lost Cove is not all butterflies and so on. Dangerous places, lost islands and even forgotten lots are awaiting on this small place of the Sim Globe. Winter can be very rude and all the Sims around have already felt the loneliness of a long long winter ... Inhabitants aren't all into the whole community trip, some would like to get back to "modern life". Will there be fight for power ? Is electricity coming back ? What will the future generations choose ?

Lost Cove Lostcove-06

So Lost Cove is a nice archipelago and well ... here, come and see it by yourself on Tech Hippie or download from MTS - you'll also find lots that goes with the world, if you want too Lost Cove Cid:264B76BC-191D-4495-AB6C-87CB454A20F3@home
The goal is to built in a lush world, without roads and plenty of places, you are building a new civilization. Try to make a world different, create stories of people wanting to go back to civilization and others who don't want. We kept some community lots out of the loop on purpose : military and law enforcement aren't included because, who needs it ?

For the world itself : you might need Sunlit Tide ( for the lighthouse ) and the base game. Spawners are included if you have Ambition, Late Night, Pets and Supernatural. And patch 1.67

It was made with the whole shenanigan of EP and SP but since the world is mostly empty ( except for the Town Hall and the Criminal hideout ) you will need them for the spawners for the empty world, the lots and the save file if you want to play with it.

I can only urge you to go to Tech Hippie or on Lost Cove thread at MTS to have all the informations and discover more !

Download link for the world: https://goo.gl/FRgus5

The Sims 3 plumbob

Back to top Go down

Lost Cove Empty Re: Lost Cove

Post by Admin Mon 08 Sep 2014, 23:19

Thank you for sharing, teajunkie!
The last picture looks pretty cool. (Abandoned house, somewhere in the middle of a place with nuclear radiation and... - you get the feeling. Very Happy )
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 08:56

Admin wrote:Thank you for sharing, teajunkie!
The last picture looks pretty cool. (Abandoned house, somewhere in the middle of a place with nuclear radiation and... - you get the feeling. Very Happy )
teajunkie! Facepalm  Love how Admin change names!

Anyway's I love how world looks after work im gonna give it a try and post some thoughts about it! Im really looking forward to a new uniqe game play I'm so happy emergaw Razz !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 13:08

Thank you Ayra, I'm looking forward to your feedback Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 09 Sep 2014, 13:19

AyraMizrim wrote:
Admin wrote:Thank you for sharing, teajunkie!
teajunkie! Facepalm  Love how Admin change names!

Anyway's I love how world looks after work im gonna give it a try and post some thoughts about it! Im really looking forward to a new uniqe game play I'm so happy emergaw Razz !
I think there is a famous Sims 3 challenge for a post apocalyptic world like yours. Did you build this world for that purpose?

If not, you can certainly get more views if you associate, coffeejunkie...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 13:22

Actually I did not.
There are some post-apocalypse challenge all over the places and worlds to play them along. I thought of a different kind of challenge and it is more a story than a challenge. But I'm planning to write one Very Happy

For a really dark world, post-apocalypse I'd suggest SimCookie's Sunset Died Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 09 Sep 2014, 13:26

Cool! I need to work more in my world and post a pre release version around for all of you to try it as well. You know it's huge, but it's so unfinished... What should I do?
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 13:33

I'd suggest you take your time.
After this one, which is not a full original creation ( it is based on Isla Paradiso ) I can say that the whole thing is really time consuming and at some moments, I just wanted to throw it all.
At moments, we divided the work into neighborhoods. We had a feeling that things were moving forward. The hardest was the final part : the details we kept forgetting or spotting !

With the unpopularity of the Sims 4, I think we are fine on Sims 3 for a moment Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 14:04

SvenT wrote:Cool! I need to work more in my world and post a pre release version around for all of you to try it as well. You know it's huge, but it's so unfinished... What should I do?
Looking forward Svent ! Go Go Go!

Btw coffejunkie since your world is base on the Island Paradiso is it possible to make ports? Haven't really try making my own port tho it will be interesting .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 14:32

To be honest, I don't know since I don't have Island Paradise Smile
You tell me Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 09 Sep 2014, 15:37

AyraMizrim wrote:
SvenT wrote:Cool! I need to work more in my world and post a pre release version around for all of you to try it as well. You know it's huge, but it's so unfinished... What should I do?
Looking forward Svent ! Go Go Go!

Btw coffejunkie since your world is base on the Island Paradiso is it possible to make ports? Haven't really try making my own port tho it will be interesting .
Thanks! I think you can build ports in any world, as long you have a waterfront lot...

I have island paradise but I won't have underwater lots in BlueRiver, but I guess you can create them also.

I will have a few ports probably, need to figure things out yet, too much to think and to do, more than two years working on the same world is driving me nuts...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 16:18

Well finally home , and oki Coffejunkie (omg i need to give a short name >.<) im gonna try out now and i will tell you (When i figure out how build ports works) Tbh i have a perfect family and a small game scenario on my head which would be cool to try out.

And SvenT as about the underwater not really care much since i haven't really play that much with those. I did a lot when Island paradise came out but well since was a bit to laggy i put it at the side quite fast. And good luck with the thinking lol Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top