Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Union Cove and all about this weird Save Error Code 12. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Union Cove and all about this weird Save Error Code 12. [SOLVED] Empty Union Cove and all about this weird Save Error Code 12. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2012, 04:00

Hullo Guys!

I wanted to say that my 3000$ computer had to go to my husband's working office since his boss's pc crashed. I was very reluctant to let go of my family's pc, but when my husband wants a thing... he never let me have a last word.
So to continue playing the Sims 3 and all expansions, I bought a new computer, very less expensive: 425$, with a better graphics card that I installed after. The fact is: we guys were all used to have the game running perfectly. Now, this gets really ironic, since the game sometimes tend to lag, and the fps drops too. Union Cove still runs good, no always, but it still playable, if you don,t count the endless 15 loading minutes.
The first time my son tried to save, it just didn't work. It said: save game error code 12, can't save. That time, my little Omoro had two sims in his household and a very, very big mansion with maximum floors, size and furnitures you could put in that place. The sims were adults. He had tried to save the first in-game night after the neighbourhood started. I have to note also that the story progression mode was unchecked, and that Sims Supernatural wasn't installed yet, although the rest of stuff and expansions packs were there.
This very night, tonight, I sat in front of my sims 3 game, and here's what happenned: I was having only one adult human sim in the same very very large mansion my son was playing with, and this time, I installed Supernatural expansions before starting a new game in Union Cove. Note that I unchecked story progression, and every things about it in the Supernatural options. I made my sim learn guitar, and used testingcheats codes to let him do it all the time. I waited over 24 hours, so that means the next morning in-game, before trying to save. And you know waht?? It worked! Even though the save took over 4 minutes, it worked.
Do any of you guys have an idea, why didn't it worked with my son's, and it worked for me? Analyze the differences I described you in this topic, and try to make a fact, or a theory, but I really must know, since I find it quite... weird...

Thanks in advance! Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Union Cove and all about this weird Save Error Code 12. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Union Cove and all about this weird Save Error Code 12. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Fri 26 Oct 2012, 19:29

//MOVED
Hello there,

All I know is that if something works fine, don't worry too much.
You can find more information about the save error 12 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4523-the-sims-3-save-errors-fix-error-code-12-13-15-16

Please let us know if that was helpful to you or not.

Last edited by Admin on Sun 28 Oct 2012, 13:52; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Union Cove and all about this weird Save Error Code 12. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Union Cove and all about this weird Save Error Code 12. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2012, 12:20

Hello,

Thank you kindly for your reply, Admin.

Well, I read this web page already, and I knew that it would be the fact that my son had a... corrupted save...
I thought a lot about it during the last hours, and I remembered that i used the mod overwatch, from nraas when it was me playing. Maybe...
If I can hazard a guess: the overwatch mod may have had turned the Union Cove balance much more steady than when my son didn't use it... In only 24 hours, the overwatch mod has removed over 80 cars and stuck strays and sims around the map. Maybe the problem with my son's was that it was accumulating bugs within seconds, and the game couldn't handle this anymore, so that has brought up the ruin of the save file...
What do you think, my friend? Could my guess be accurate?
Let me know about it! I'm ready to hear any guess!

With kind and higly polite regards,

Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 27 Oct 2012, 17:26

That's actually a very likely cause. Smile That's why overwatch is such a fantastic mod to have.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2012, 20:28

Hello,

That's what I really think too.

Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 28 Oct 2012, 12:08

Hello,

Still, I would consider using porter at this point, since the mod only delays the inevitable.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Oct 2012, 17:22

Hello,

Lady Eldi, what is porter? Is that a better mod for the sims 3? To prevent the error 12?

Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 28 Oct 2012, 17:28

romantyke wrote:Hello,

Lady Eldi, what is porter? Is that a better mod for the sims 3? To prevent the error 12?

Kabiru
Hello,

I'm not sure what it is for, so for that, please wait for Lady ElDi's reply.
You can get it here though: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Porter
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 28 Oct 2012, 20:06

Porter allows you to take any families out of the town you're playing, pack them into one "family", and move them into a different town. It keeps their relationships intact, and can help get rid of save errors, and speed up the game.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 28 Oct 2012, 20:37

invalidusername wrote:Porter allows you to take any families out of the town you're playing, pack them into one "family", and move them into a different town. It keeps their relationships intact, and can help get rid of save errors, and speed up the game.
Hello,

Thank you for clearing that up.
Sounds pretty cool and handy, actually!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Oct 2012, 21:30

Thanks a lot!!! I will take this immediatly!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 28 Oct 2012, 22:04

Hello,

Please let us know the result, good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 01:32

Hello,

This mod is fantastic! I'll keep it along with my overwatch, master controller and story progression (from nraas).

Now I have fantastic mods! Thank you guys!!! Thank you a lot!

Regards,

Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 30 Oct 2012, 10:19

Hello,

Problem solved?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 12:31

Hello Lady Eldi.

Problem solved? Yes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 30 Oct 2012, 21:46

Hello,

Great! Enjoy the game again and please let us know if you need any more assistance! Union Cove and all about this weird Save Error Code 12. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top