Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nraas mods aren't working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nraas mods aren't working  Empty Nraas mods aren't working

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 04:42

So, today, on my mac I downloaded several NRaas mods, and none work. None. I have been modding for awhile, and have several packages that do work from other sites, such as hair mods and clothing mods. However, these mods do not work at all. What could be the issue? My game doesn't create cache's, and plays just fine, so I never had an issue really with crashing (except once in a rare while), and it never has had an issue with mods before.

Back to top Go down

Nraas mods aren't working  Empty Re: Nraas mods aren't working

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 04:56

Hello there, and Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Could you tell us exactly what Nraas mods you are trying to put in your game?
Also, did you make sure that the mods are compatible with the same version you are running in the game? Both should be 1.67. If not, please use the Manual Patch to update your game and also download the latest version of the mod.

Some of the mods from Nraas need a base-mod and then some modules to go with it. Please make sure that you downloaded the base-mod for it if it's necessary.

We look forward to hearing from you. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 05:07

Hello! I sure can! The mods I am entering are (bear with the huge list):

- Master Control Progression 
- Master Control Cheats
- Master Control (Basemod)
- Story progression Fairies and Werewolves
-  Story progression Vampires and Slayers
- Story progression others
- Story progression meanies
- Story progression lovers
- Story progression cops and robbers
- story progression relationships
- story progression extra
- Story progression (Basemod)
- Woohooer Karma Simtra
- Woohooer Scoring
- Woohooer (Basemod)
- CareerData Homemaker
- CareerData Self Employment
- Career Data Mobster
- CareerData Assassination 
- CareerData Tones
- CareerData School
- Career (Basemod)
- SleepFreedom
- ErrorTrap
- Overwatch

A lot, but I remember years ago using Woohooer (I just removed my old package and replaced it with the new one) and it working and being very satisfied with how the mod hadn't corrupted or crashed anything, and so I went back after reading an article and downloaded these wonderful mods. I plays sims like a story, and so all of these I thought would make the game more dynamic, as well as a few fixing some issues.

They are compatible! I checked to make sure they were either all 1.67 or 1.50-16.7. I double-checked, all are 1.67 like my launcher.

I have all the base mods for these, or so I believe! In the list I included which are the base mods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 05:40

Could you tell us exactly where you are putting these mods at? Also, did you make sure that you don't have any duplicates of them in there?

Oh, and you mentioned before that "your game doesn't create caches". What do you mean by that? Are there no cache files in your The Sims 3 folder, in Documents?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 05:48

No cache files! As in, the ones that people say delete all the time when you update mods? They stopped appearing eventually.

I put them in my Mods folders. Inside my Mods folder is my resource.cfg, Package folder, and Override folder. The mods went into my Package folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 10 Sep 2014, 19:06

Yushika wrote:So, today, on my mac I downloaded several NRaas mods, and none work. None. I have been modding for awhile, and have several packages that do work from other sites, such as hair mods and clothing mods. However, these mods do not work at all. What could be the issue? My game doesn't create cache's, and plays just fine, so I never had an issue really with crashing (except once in a rare while), and it never has had an issue with mods before.

//MOVED

Hello Yushika and welcome to the forum,

I moved your topic to the "Mac support"-section, since you posted it in the PC (Windows) section originally. Smile  But the "cache files" should be in the "same" location as in Windows too, namely in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Inside that "The Sims 3"-folder you should look for a scriptCache.package file and delete it.

If that is wrong, feel free to correct me (anybody), and I'm sure the Mac Helpers can assist you better in that, than me.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 20:07

Carlos wrote:
Yushika wrote:So, today, on my mac I downloaded several NRaas mods, and none work. None. I have been modding for awhile, and have several packages that do work from other sites, such as hair mods and clothing mods. However, these mods do not work at all. What could be the issue? My game doesn't create cache's, and plays just fine, so I never had an issue really with crashing (except once in a rare while), and it never has had an issue with mods before.

//MOVED

Hello Yushika and welcome to the forum,

I moved your topic to the "Mac support"-section, since you posted it in the PC (Windows) section originally. Smile  But the "cache files" should be in the "same" location as in Windows too, namely in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Inside that "The Sims 3"-folder you should look for a scriptCache.package file and delete it.

If that is wrong, feel free to correct me (anybody), and I'm sure the Mac Helpers can assist you better in that, than me.
Hello! I did look in that folder. I used to have the scriptCache.package show, and it now doesn't anymore. Ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 20:23

Went through my Sims 3 folder in my Electronic Arts section. No caches files show. They haven't for a long, long time. I don't know why, but it saves me from having to delete them all the time, huh? o u o

//EDIT 

Nraas mods aren't working  ScreenShot2014-09-10at20901PM_zps0e0a3aae

Helper note: Please use edit button when want to update your post. Thank you!
- Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 11 Sep 2014, 19:17

Hello,

Did you try to renaming your game file? If not, please rename it, for example "Sims 3.try" and see if the problem continues with the new file as well. If not, put the save files in the new game folder and you should be fine.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 03:25

So, change it from The Sims 3 to Sims 3.try?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Fri 12 Sep 2014, 16:53

Hello,

Or anything else. The idea is to change Sims 3 name to other thing so game will create a new game folder.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top