Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To English Language to German, in Sims 3 and Town Life Stuff Add-on

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How To English Language to German, in Sims 3 and Town Life Stuff Add-on Empty How To English Language to German, in Sims 3 and Town Life Stuff Add-on

Post by Guest Sun 14 Aug 2011, 22:51

Hy!!!

I really wanted The Sims 3 in german language 'cause that's my mothertongue. I have only the english version, and when I try to install the game I have only to choose between English, Spanish and French. I know the english language well but I understand german better. Perhaps there is a file that can be added to the game so I can choose the german language for my game. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Thomas

Back to top Go down

How To English Language to German, in Sims 3 and Town Life Stuff Add-on Empty Re: How To English Language to German, in Sims 3 and Town Life Stuff Add-on

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 15 Aug 2011, 09:41

Hello,
I've read that you can change the registry, here is how its done. But I am not sure that it'll work if you have those 3 language options when you install the game. You can wait for someone with a definitive answer but you can also try this out. Back up your save games first though.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

How To English Language to German, in Sims 3 and Town Life Stuff Add-on Empty Re: How To English Language to German, in Sims 3 and Town Life Stuff Add-on

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:22

Hmm, This Works only on Sims 2. That Game I allready have in german. But I want Sims 3 in German, and the Add-on.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 15 Aug 2011, 11:25

Oh I'm sorry I hadn't seen this was for The Sims 2.
Try this video tutorial, it is supposed to be for The Sims 3.

//EDIT

You'll just have to find the appropriate code to change it to German, maybe the one from TS2 will work.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:16

Lady ElDi wrote:Oh I'm sorry I hadn't seen this was for The Sims 2.
Try this video tutorial, it is supposed to be for The Sims 3.

//EDIT

You'll just have to find the appropriate code to change it to German, maybe the one from TS2 will work.

I saw a lot positive comment on this tutorial. Maybe you can give a shot for this tutorial and update us with the status Smile
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 15 Aug 2011, 13:25

Hello,

... and in the worst case you can always re-install the game and just choose "German" during the installation?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 23:08

I can't choose german for the game when I install the game, 'cause there is only English, Spanish and the French language to choose. And For Lady ElDi, the video dosen't work on my Laptop, its green all the time, and I can't see anything.

Thanks!

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 15 Aug 2011, 23:14

nightwish20102011 wrote:I can't choose german for the game when I install the game, 'cause there is only English, Spanish and the French language to choose. And For Lady ElDi, the video dosen't work on my Laptop, its green all the time, and I can't see anything.

Thanks!

Thomas
Hi there,

Sure? During the installation is asks you where you're from, right? And the language? I don't know. Hammertime
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 23:16

Well, Yes! It asks me where I am from, but not the language. Isn't there any file that can introduce the german language into the game?

Thanks!

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 15 Aug 2011, 23:19

nightwish20102011 wrote:Well, Yes! It asks me where I am from, but not the language. Isn't there any file that can introduce the german language into the game?

Thanks!

Thomas
Hi there,

de-DE stands for Deutschland, right? Or is it something else? (Like The Netherlands is: nl-NL)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 23:22

Yes! It's for Germany! And, I tryed with that file but I think I don't know where to put it in so it that it works! And I deleted the file after that from my laptop. But if you can help me, I'll try it again with that file.

Thanks!

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 15 Aug 2011, 23:25

nightwish20102011 wrote:Yes! It's for Germany! And, I tryed with that file but I think I don't know where to put it in so it that it works! And I deleted the file after that from my laptop. But if you can help me, I'll try it again with that file.

Thanks!

Thomas
Hello,

I don't know anything about "that file", but here's what I think you should try;
Go to this Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix but then change the language to "DE-de" instead.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 23:33

I don't have any "Local" in the Sims 3 folder Sad I don't know why, but there isn't.

Thanks!

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 15 Aug 2011, 23:56

nightwish20102011 wrote:I don't have any "Local" in the Sims 3 folder Sad I don't know why, but there isn't.

Thanks!

Thomas
Hello,

You might be looking in the wrong folder. Did you try: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims > The Sims 3 ?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 23:59

I didn't find this folder there. And in the Electronic Arts Folder with Sims 3 is no "Local". Don't You have a messenger adress? Like Yahoo ore something? I think it's for me easyer to speak over messenger.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 16 Aug 2011, 09:20

Hello,
Try the forum's chatbox during the afternoon, Admin is usually there.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Aug 2011, 09:22

Ok. Thx!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top