Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about mods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about mods Empty Question about mods

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 17:57

Hi, is there any reason why mods that don't affect my gameplay on my old 2GB pc would slow down and crash my game on a 4GB laptop?

I know it's the mods because I removed them all to see if it played okay without them and it worked fine, but as soon as I added a few back, (NRAAS, pixel-free mod and some skins etc) it's back to being slow and crashy.

Back to top Go down

Question about mods Empty Re: Question about mods

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 19:46

Hello there! Very Happy

If you haven't applied the 4GB Patch in neither of the PCs, then the change in the RAM won't affect the game at all, as it would usually use the same in both. It's possible that your old computer had a better CPU, the one responsible for the calculations that may cause you lag. 

Take a look at this post:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

Those are a few tips for the lag. Aptplying the 4GB Patch isn't a bad idea either. You can find it here:
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 12 Sep 2014, 19:54

oohdelally wrote:Hi, is there any reason why mods that don't affect my gameplay on my old 2GB pc would slow down and crash my game on a 4GB laptop?

I know it's the mods because I removed them all to see if it played okay without them and it worked fine, but as soon as I added a few back, (NRAAS, pixel-free mod and some skins etc) it's back to being slow and crashy.

Hello oohdelally,

One explanation for this could be different Windows OSes. If you had Windows XP on your old 2GB PC, then this is already a crucial factor. Windows XP (and any other older OS) doesn't need so much RAM compared to newer Windows systems. Windows 7 for example, needs about 1.5 GB of RAM for the "system" alone. Which means that you have then only about ~2.5 GB left for "user applications" (assuming you have 4GB of RAM).

In additon, you may have more background services/processes in your 4GB laptop, then they will also take away system resources. Try un-installing unnecessary programs/services. Also make sure to do a proper malware/virus check on your laptop ! Plus, check out "GameBooster". Please refer to this guide here:

http://dl.razerzone.com/master-guides/RazerGameBooster/GameBoosterOMG-ENG.pdf

That's all for now - good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Sep 2014, 18:21

Thank you everyone. I'll try all these and let you know (:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Sep 2014, 19:50

oohdelally wrote:Thank you everyone. I'll try all these and let you know (:

Also keep in mind that certain core mods, that modify lots of things in-game, are very processor- and resource-intensive (like e.g. the NRAAS_StoryProgression modules). Another possiblity could be for yourself to ask whether you really want/need all those mods then. But that's up to you of course. Smile  

Do keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Sep 2014, 15:30

Well so far I've managed to make the game believe my mods folder doesn't exist...No idea what I did there.

Back to the drawing board

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 14 Sep 2014, 15:57

Good! Can we close your topic as solved?
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down