Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Mods Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Mods Question Empty Sims 4 Mods Question

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jun 2015, 03:15

Okay after 1 or 2 months not asking a Question (and luckily I haven't encountered any problems from the game)

So here is my Question, 

Is an updated mod (The Mod which is updated to the latest version of the game) can work without having your game updated to the latest game version? I mean They created it with patch 1.8 and we have 1.7 of the game, do you think it will work?

Yes I know, some custom contents are made with the latest game version and I can see that they didn't work for the outdated game version. But are this cc are similar to some mod which is made with the latest game version? 

Thank you and Goodbye.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Mods Question Empty Re: Sims 4 Mods Question

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Jun 2015, 03:20

Keyenpeydee wrote:Okay after 1 or 2 months not asking a Question (and luckily I haven't encountered any problems from the game)

So here is my Question, 

Is an updated mod (The Mod which is updated to the latest version of the game) can work without having your game updated to the latest game version? I mean They created it with patch 1.8 and we have 1.7 of the game, do you think it will work?

Yes I know, some custom contents are made with the latest game version and I can see that they didn't work for the outdated game version. But are this cc are similar to some mod which is made with the latest game version? 

Thank you and Goodbye.

Hello,

Unless the creator of the mod has explicitly stated that the mod is "backward compatible" (i.e. you can use it for an "earlier" patch level too), you should ONLY use the mod for the patch level that is given in the description.

Maybe you are lucky and the mod will still work for the older patch level somehow, but I cannot recommend you doing that. Of course, everything else is up to you, in the end. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top