Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is taking so much to unlock The Sims 4? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why is taking so much to unlock The Sims 4?  [SOLVED] Empty Why is taking so much to unlock The Sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 16 Sep 2014, 01:43

Hey guys, well the title seems a little bit agressive on my part, but in this way i only thought about expressing my idea.
So what's been goin trough your offices, y'know, i cant wait for this game, like a lot of other players do.
I was searching on google by now to see if there was a stable version of TS4, and most of the sites or downloads requires for you to have a fake Origin acount, you must be asking why i dont do this, well I have in my principal account some games, BF4, BF3, Dead Space 3, etc... so I am afraid of my account getting banned, or the installation of Origin getting corrupted and deleting those games.

But getting back to the topic,i would be glad if the G4TW Crew could explain to me why is so difficult to test the game or to find a stable version of a crack? well in the time being that can be explained and resolved, and i would like also to see users from here collaborating in such matter, we can talk, argue and discuss, because we cant solve problems by being agressive on the internet, even being ignorant doesnt help that too. So good luck for all you guys on "cracking" this game, and a lot of health for anyone who keeps this community active and prosperous! 

Why is taking so much to unlock The Sims 4?  [SOLVED] Tumblr_n5blljy1651ry46hlo1_r1_500

Back to top Go down

Why is taking so much to unlock The Sims 4?  [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why is taking so much to unlock The Sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 16 Sep 2014, 02:05

first, I just love your pic of the sea and animals
well, I don't know, really what to answer you. I do not understand anything about cracking games and stuff..
so sorry if it sound bad, but I believe that G4TW really trying to find a safe and good working crak.

It's hard to wait but I think it pays off although I have no patience myself XD and I see from where you coming from, really Why God. Why God.

Back to top Go down

Why is taking so much to unlock The Sims 4?  [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why is taking so much to unlock The Sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 16 Sep 2014, 02:08

Hi there! Smile

Well, you see, the G4TW team doesn't actually crack the game. They take an already existing crack (usually by the Scene), and make a torrent with instructions to install it, preferably noob-proof. Sometimes they also make things like the Ultimate Fix, but those are special cases.

The problem with the existing crack (as you already said) is that it needs Origin to be able to function. Not only that, but the steps to install it are somewhat complicated, and not constant. Sometimes they work for some people, sometimes they don't and you need to do extra steps for the game to work properly. This is not ideal, and not something the G4TW team want in their torrent. Specially because we also provide support for our downloads, something that not many websites of this kind offer. Because of this, the team is waiting for a crack that is optimal to put in the release that you would find here.

So, we ask for your patience. I understand your desire for the game, but I assure you that the team is already working really hard testing and searching for the appropiate crack. Also, keep in mind that all of this is volunteer work. The team can't invest all of their time in this.

I hope for your understanding. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Sep 2014, 02:38

Of course, I truly comprehend this situation.
The team can count on me if they need any help too.

Thanks pal! ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Sep 2014, 19:17

ANDREWjkl wrote:Hey guys, well the title seems a little bit agressive on my part, but in this way i only thought about expressing my idea.
So what's been goin trough your offices, y'know, i cant wait for this game, like a lot of other players do.
I was searching on google by now to see if there was a stable version of TS4, and most of the sites or downloads requires for you to have a fake Origin acount, you must be asking why i dont do this, well I have in my principal account some games, BF4, BF3, Dead Space 3, etc... so I am afraid of my account getting banned, or the installation of Origin getting corrupted and deleting those games.

But getting back to the topic,i would be glad if the G4TW Crew could explain to me why is so difficult to test the game or to find a stable version of a crack? well in the time being that can be explained and resolved, and i would like also to see users from here collaborating in such matter, we can talk, argue and discuss, because we cant solve problems by being agressive on the internet, even being ignorant doesnt help that too. So good luck for all you guys on "cracking" this game, and a lot of health for anyone who keeps this community active and prosperous! 

Hello Andrew,

Yes, as SeoY before said, Games4TheWorld "normally" doesn't crack or mod anything. Recently, team members have been involved, on a very small scale, in creating a few fixes. For example, some team members were involved in making the Ultimate fix compatible with later game versions (Shamrock, J.T, Rapper_skull). And I myself was involved in updating the "store fixes".

Besides these relatively small achievements, G4TW - again - does NOT normally crack or mod anything. Not at this point at least. 

You also have to acknowledge that EA has put lots of effort into incorporating Origin into that game. It seems very difficult for crackers to get rid of Origin completely. 

Me and a few other team members have actually playtested the game. And we are still doing that, to get a feeling for it. Especially the in-game "specialities" (lol). The whole testing is NOT just about finding a right crack. Another major problem is to find a way to get the game updates "into" the game without Origin - though I think I found a solution to that now...

The next thing is this: although it seems that the team is very "present" at the moment, we do not have that much time to test everything immediately, right on the spot.

You cannot expect anybody to perform a miracle. Besides, and as harsh as this will come across: strictly speaking we do NOT owe you anything. Wink  If you feel that things are going too "slow", then you may try another release, from another uploader, in the meantime. What has started with SimCity5, continues "in a way" with The Sims 4 too.

Welcome to the world of "new" DRM. 

//EDIT

As a wise person once said: "Rome wasn't built in a day". Razz  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Sep 2014, 01:10

Carlos wrote:
ANDREWjkl wrote:Hey guys, well the title seems a little bit agressive on my part, but in this way i only thought about expressing my idea.

Hello Andrew,

Yes, as SeoY before said, Games4TheWorld "normally" doesn't crack or mod anything. Recently, team members have been involved, on a very small scale, in creating a few fixes. For example, some team members were involved in making the Ultimate fix compatible with later game versions (Shamrock, J.T, Rapper_skull). And I myself was involved in updating the "store fixes".

Besides these relatively small achievements, G4TW - again - does NOT normally crack or mod anything. Not at this point at least. 

You also have to acknowledge that EA has put lots of effort into incorporating Origin into that game. It seems very difficult for crackers to get rid of Origin completely. 

Me and a few other team members have actually playtested the game. And we are still doing that, to get a feeling for it. Especially the in-game "specialities" (lol). The whole testing is NOT just about finding a right crack. Another major problem is to find a way to get the game updates "into" the game without Origin - though I think I found a solution to that now...

The next thing is this: although it seems that the team is very "present" at the moment, we do not have that much time to test everything immediately, right on the spot.

You cannot expect anybody to perform a miracle. Besides, and as harsh as this will come across: strictly speaking we do NOT owe you anything. Wink  If you feel that things are going too "slow", then you may try another release, from another uploader, in the meantime. What has started with SimCity5, continues "in a way" with The Sims 4 too.

Welcome to the world of "new" DRM. 

//EDIT

As a wise person once said: "Rome wasn't built in a day". Razz  

I ain't finding this "slow", it's normal that some game are harder and others easier to crack, it's just that I was kind of worried of the delay.

Y'know it's better to have fully working and no crash proof game, than a half completed game.

Thank you for your help!

See ya!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 17 Sep 2014, 17:43

ANDREWjkl wrote:
I ain't finding this "slow", it's normal that some game are harder and others easier to crack, it's just that I was kind of worried of the delay.

(...)

OK, but then there isn't much point in this whole topic, is there ? Smile  If your original intention was to ask how long it's going to take, then I'm afraid I can't answer that for you (yet). We will keep you all posted via the forum, the FB page, and the newsletters too.

And yes: we want to release a safe and working download, that's why we don't use the currently circulating cracks. Wink  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Sep 2014, 18:15

Carlos wrote:
ANDREWjkl wrote:

(...)

OK, but then there isn't much point in this whole topic, is there ? Smile  If your original intention was to ask how long it's going to take, then I'm afraid I can't answer that for you (yet). We will keep you all posted via the forum, the FB page, and the newsletters too.

And yes: we want to release a safe and working download, that's why we don't use the currently circulating cracks. Wink  
I have a proposal.
Step 1. Make a sticky banner at the top of the forum, telling people that posting new threads asking for a delivery date is forbidden.
Step 2. Keep a list of anyone violating it & their IP address. Do NOT ban or admonish them.
Step 3. When the Games4TheWorld 'The Sims 4' download is ready, include a rickroll in the download of anyone on the list.

You're Welcome
LilyPoo

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 17 Sep 2014, 19:01

lilyPoo wrote:I have a proposal.
Step 1. Make a sticky banner at the top of the forum, telling people that posting new threads asking for a delivery date is forbidden.
Step 2. Keep a list of anyone violating it & their IP address. Do NOT ban or admonish them.
Step 3. When the Games4TheWorld 'The Sims 4' download is ready, include a rickroll in the download of anyone on the list.

You're Welcome
LilyPoo

Hello lilyPoo, 

What is a "rickroll" ? Razz  If I understood that correctly (judging from the context), that would be a bit too mean though, wouldn't it ?  Smile  Even by my standards - and you can believe me, when I say that if there's a Mod on here who tends to be mean sometimes, then it's me. Razz  

The few users that are banned on here - just a little bit more than a handful - can also download the G4TW stuff, still. Besides "human" considerations (is that "penalty" really justified ?), there is also a much bigger practical concern about actually executing such a plan. And whether it's even worth the hassle.

Even if we somehow managed to ban certain IP addresses (from the torrent trackers), we would also hit "innocent" people, who might get the same IP address assigned by their ISP, as those who are on the blacklist. And besides, you can easily circumvent this ban by just using a proxy or VPN, which will mask your actual IP address. Or these "banned" people can simply download the stuff from another computer, with a different IP.

Experience shows that many people tend to "overlook" these announcements too, though. The only realistic thing me and the other team members can do, is to deal with n00bs, as professionally and with as much patience as possible.

//EDIT

OK, OK, I get your "rickroll"-thing now. Razz  

Last edited by Carlos on Thu 18 Sep 2014, 01:34; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 00:10

Carlos wrote:
ANDREWjkl wrote:

(...)

And my other intention was to know from someone of the team to talk with me about the delay, of what type of security is on the game, etc..., and it's pretty much what I got by now!
So thank you for your kindness.

Respect!

// Glad the team could be of some help here!  I'm going to go ahead and close the topic, as it appears your questions have been answered.  Smile  

--  Sephymuffins

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 19 Sep 2014, 20:00

Carlos wrote:What is a "rickroll" ? Razz  If I understood that correctly (judging from the context), that would be a bit too mean though, wouldn't it ?  Smile  Even by my standards (...)
Hmmm... I might have... done that... a few times... in the past... Facepalm   Oh my... Oh my...
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top