Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem when installing and playing The Sims 3 [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem when installing and playing The Sims 3 [SOLVED] Empty Problem when installing and playing The Sims 3 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 10:40

Hello, first I want to point out that I have The Sims 3 and all the expansions downloaded from you.
I didn't have problems at the past and if I had with the ultimate fix was all ok,
but after the last update v. 1.67 I had problems so I unistalled it.
Now I'm trying to reinstall it.
I have installed so far only the base game, the Worlds Adventures, the High-End Loft and the Seasons.
And after any installation when I open the launcher, a message pops up with a script error
and with some expansions couldn't find the disk, so I couldn't play.
Now after I installed the seasons it doesn't ask for disk, but I have the same message and many items and features at the game seems black (without texture).
I have the last ultimate fix and patch!
Please help!

Problem when installing and playing The Sims 3 [SOLVED] The_si15

Back to top Go down

Problem when installing and playing The Sims 3 [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem when installing and playing The Sims 3 [SOLVED]

Post by Layloria Sat 20 Sep 2014, 12:43

Hello,

You can ignore the script error. Also for your disk errors, update to 1.67 again and then install your other expansions that you don't have, then apply the Ultimate Fix again, remember only drag and replace the #Crack folder.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch - PATCH
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems - 1.67 FIX

Do you have an CC or mods? If you are unsure check in Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Mods and The Sims 3>Downloads

If there are any mods or CC, please rename your The Sims 3 folder in documents to The Sims 3 old and restart the launcher. Try to play again.

Thanks,
Like a Star @ heaven Layloria
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Problem when installing and playing The Sims 3 [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem when installing and playing The Sims 3 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 12:48

Thank you for your answer, but what about the black items and features in the game?

//EDIT

Eventually I renamed the folder and the items seems right.
I'm so glad, thank you!
The message still pops up but it's ok, I hope someday this issue will solved
I will install now and the other expansions.

Problem when installing and playing The Sims 3 [SOLVED] 294340757

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 16:21

xlomoprosopo wrote:Eventually I renamed the folder and the items seems right.
I'm so glad, thank you!
The message still pops up but it's ok, I hope someday this issue will solved
I will install now and the other expansions.

Hammertime

Hi there! Smile

The script error is harmless, but if it annoys you that much, you can try some of these things:

• You can bypass the launcher completely by going to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and making a shortcut of TS3W.exe to the desktop. After that, try running the game by double clicking in the shortcut. This should skip the launcher and go directly to the game.
  • If you don't want to bypass the launcher, you need to make sure that Java, Flash Player and Windows are all properly updated. If you have an older version of Java installed, it may cause this issue.
  • Clear the cache files of Internet Explorer, and/or reset it completely. To clear the caches, you need to open Tools, Safety, Delete browsing history... In there, make sure that both 'Temporary Cache Files' and 'Cookies' are selected (you can select or deselect any of the others as you wish), and then hit 'Delete'. To Reset IE, you need to go to Tools, Internet Options. In there, select the Advanced Tab, and click 'Reset' inside.

You can check after that if the script error has disappeared. Once again: this error is harmless and won't affect your game in any way, but some people might find it extremely annoying so taking these steps to see if they fix it may be worth a shot for them. Try them if you want, of course. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 20:55

Thank you very much all of you! lol!
You can close the thread.

Helper edit: Problem solved, topic closed.
-SeoY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top