Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EA and Maxis Already Developing Over 50 Expansion Packs for The Sims 4

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EA and Maxis Already Developing Over 50 Expansion Packs for The Sims 4 - Page 2 Empty EA and Maxis Already Developing Over 50 Expansion Packs for The Sims 4

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 06:34

First topic message reminder :

[size=30]EA and Maxis Already Developing Over 50 Expansion Packs for The Sims 4[/size]
BY JACK · JUNE 26, 2014

With the news that swimming pools and toddlers will be missing in The Sims 4, EA and Maxis have assured players that those features will not be forgotten in at least one of the fifty expansion packs that will be released over the next few years.EA and Maxis Already Developing Over 50 Expansion Packs for The Sims 4 - Page 2 PooltoysnotincludedinswimmingexpansionWhile many feel that The Sims 4 might be lacking in content, EA has already announced that there will be over a hundred pieces of content strewn throughout fifty expansion packs. If a player feels like their gameplay is lacking in variety, they can simply download four or five expansion packs to really change things up.
“If players really miss the pool, they can easily buy the swimming expansion pack for hours of swimming related Sims activities,” explained an EA spokesperson, “And to make it even more fun, they can add in the backyard barbeque expansion to host poolside barbeques for the entire Sims family. For even more variety, players can buy the nighttime expansion pack to swim under the stars.”
Some players question the direction The Sims 4 is taking due to how drastically the gaming landscape has changed since 2009. Maxis promises that The Sims 4 will not succumb to the temptations of modern gaming and hopes to create a successful new entry in a classic series much like how EA continues the legacies ofDungeon Keeper and Command & Conquer.
The Sims 4 is a natural expansion of what The Sims 3 brought to the table in terms of increasing the amount of content available to players,” said producer Ryan Vaughan, “So why did we decide to remove swimming pools, the Create a Style feature, and toddlers? The answer is simple. We want players to be more creative. Giving them too many options actually limits what their imaginations can do. Maybe players will find something more fun than personalizing every object in the game.”
The Sims 4 will not only include expansion packs, but will also include an online store that allows players to buy unique items and features that can’t be found in any of the expansions or pre-order DLC. The following is a list of items as well as tentative prices that give a taste of what The Sims 4 can offer (all prices in USD).
Lava lamp…0.99
Red stove…1.49
Bigger windows…1.49
Chef’s hat…1.99
Australian skin color…1.99
Crew cut hairstyle…2.49
Gangnam Style dance moves…2.99
Hipster emotions…2.99
Famous painting…3.99
[size][size]
Most players still remain skeptical about The Sims 4 especially after the new SimCity. However, EA has made it extremely clear that they can not afford to have players skip out on this game and they will do everything in their power to make sure players purchase The Sims 4 and at least ten expansion packs.

taken from: http://www.p4rgaming.com/ea-and-maxis-already-developing-over-50-expansion-packs-for-the-sims-4/[/size][/size]

Back to top Go down

EA and Maxis Already Developing Over 50 Expansion Packs for The Sims 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA and Maxis Already Developing Over 50 Expansion Packs for The Sims 4

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 23:08

Sephymuffins wrote:
ferugie wrote:
Carlos wrote:
Admin wrote:Hi all,

I hope you all realise that that article was just a troll...

One could even argue that this also raises another - almost philosophical - question: in a way, EA is trolling pirates as well as those who actually pay money for (partly) dysfunctional and incomplete games. So wouldn't that nullify the question as to whether this (weird) article from "p4rgaming" is a troll ? 

Looking for bad joke   alien

So I actually read that article now...and I wouldn't be surprised if this person who wrote that article is actually a lackey of EA, who's just playing to be a "worried and disillusioned pirate". I'd even go as far to say that in the long run, this type of "humor", as employed in this article, is pretty good advertisement for EA.  Suspect
It's pretty sad that EA's cash grabbing business strategies are such that this satirical article was COMPLETELY accepted as plausible. AND by seasoned players no less. It's ridiculous that we've gotten to the point in the franchise where we actually entertain the thought of purchasing 50 expansion packs.

Hi ferugie,

I still do not understand the concept of, 'EA is ripping us off due to all these expansion packs'.  I mean, The Sims (yes, the first game ever made) had SEVEN expansion packs.  Really, I think the main problem is the cost of these said expansion packs - because EA has been doing this since the first game, which is why I'm so surprised anyone even complains about it to begin with.  

What I believe, is that The Sims 4 will be a much better game than The Sims 3 in just about every aspect.  If I could cut The Sims 3 out of the Sims series and just let The Sims 2 take that roll, I would. lol.

On to the topic once again,  I'd be more than willing to CONTEMPLATE buying expansion packs if I felt they were worth the money.  I'm a pirate at heart but at the same time, if I am able to get it faster, I will buy it.  So that article by the OP didn't phase me, mainly because I knew the person was a disgruntled Sims player... that, and I don't (I HOPE) EA will not actually resort to making fifty expansion packs... unless of course, all of which are super small add-ons.  Now THAT would be a cash grabbing tactic.
People basically feel that instead of actually coming up with new concepts and improving the game EA is just rehashing the same formula again and again and calling it new. Instead of listening to their fans with TS4 they just released a cartoony version of sims 1. It seems like a cash grab because they're knowingly making people buy game features they'd previously had.

Back to top Go down

EA and Maxis Already Developing Over 50 Expansion Packs for The Sims 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA and Maxis Already Developing Over 50 Expansion Packs for The Sims 4

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 30 Sep 2014, 03:35

ferugie wrote:People basically feel that instead of actually coming up with new concepts and improving the game EA is just rehashing the same formula again and again and calling it new. Instead of listening to their fans with TS4 they just released a cartoony version of sims 1. It seems like a cash grab because they're knowingly making people buy game features they'd previously had.

Hi ferugie,

Don't get me wrong, in no way am I trying to debate these things, as we definitely have different opinions.  =)

Overall though, I do agree with you to some extent with what you said.  I mean, The Sims 4 DOES get boring after a few days of playing it, simply because it's SO bare-bones at the moment - much like The Sims 1.

Regarding the graphics and the way the Sims look though, The Sims 3 - in my opinion - was way worse.  OH MY GOSH.  Every Sim you made looked like they had this weirdly oval/circular shaped face.  When The Sims 3 came out, honestly, I didn't even bother to ever spend a cent on the games because aesthetically it look revolting.  I just pirated all of it and fine-tuned the game myself.  Why?  Because mods and custom content actually existed.  I downloaded GIGABYTES worth of stuff and probably well over 20 something mods just to fix that terrible visual issue with the sims' appearance in The Sims 3.  I like to describe it like this:  They all had pudding faces and no matter how many "sliders" you slide, they had the same shaped noggin'.

Moving right along, I suppose my point is, The Sims 3 was a really bad cash grabbing tactic when it came to expansion packs.  You lost a lot of stuff that The Sims 1 & 2 had in regards to the expansion packs actually being really deep, and you had "stuff packs" which literally only contained items, clothing, etc.  Those alone retailed at like what, $20, $30?  All in all, they never fixed most bugs and major issues with the games and major expansion packs themselves... they just kept making more expansion packs.  So if people really want to get angry at EA for anything, take a good look at The Sims 3 as a whole game before blasting EA for releasing The Sims 4, which in a lot of ways, is a huge step forwards unlike The Sims 3, which in retrospect compared to the first and second installments, was a huge step backwards.

Again, this is just my opinion.  I had so many issues the The Sims 3 base-game.  In comparison to The Sims 4, it's like butterrrr running on my system and way less buggy.  Simple?  Yes.  Cartoon-ish, sure.  But the community of modders and custom content designers is so huge, I'd rather EA give me a simplified "skeleton" of a game that I can really customize... than give me a buggy, heavy on the PC game that's the equivalent of Norton Antivirus running on Windows Vista, running on a Hewlett Packard laptop.  

Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 06:20

The reason i found this beleveable is i wasn't thinking expansion packs in the way of sims 3. much bigger bundles of different features and what not. i was thinking in the way of smaller more ala carte type expansions. i guess somewhat like what was done in the sims 3 store. where you can buy things that will add new features without buying bundles full of crap that contains half of which you wouldnt use. like what was shown in the price list in the original post. like the Gangnam Style dance moves…2.99. though it's probably something i wouldnt buy, im sure many people would. not sure if anyone here ever uses IMVU, but they sell things like that for your avatars in their store. actually im pretty sure you could actually buy that dance on imvu. so the idea of EA selling things like famous dances and other stuff, in a way sounds great to me, but at same time im sure would mean much more money for them, and much more cost for consumers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top