Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manual patch doesn't work - and script error [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manual patch doesn't work - and script error [SOLVED] Empty Manual patch doesn't work - and script error [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 15:41

Hello! 

I have two problems. 
I downloaded The sims 3 base game, generations, pets, seasons and island paradise from you. Everything went great until I wanted to play. 
When I opened the launcher, this came up: 
I assume you don't know swedish so I'll translate, 

" An error occured in a script on this page"
Line: 0
Char: 0
Error: Script Error 
Code: 0 
URL : .......

Do you want to continue running script on this page?" *YES* *NO*
Manual patch doesn't work - and script error [SOLVED] Help12

And even a textbox saying I have to update the game to the latest version. I didn't update, because I've seen many here saying I should download the manual patch instead, so I did. But it refuses to start, my windows is kind of blocking it I think. I read in another topic that I could try redownlad the update from another browser, so I did. But it didn't work either. 
And I tried to do it through the launcher, but halfway through an error occured in an I/O - something. I don't really remember, and now whenever I click to update through the launcher, it just shuts down and does nothing. 

Manual patch doesn't work - and script error [SOLVED] Steup11

Back to top Go down

Manual patch doesn't work - and script error [SOLVED] Empty Re: Manual patch doesn't work - and script error [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 15:58

Hi there!  Smile

The script error that you get when you open the Launcher is completely harmless, so you can ignore it. Just select Yes or No and it won't give you any problems.

Regarding the Manual Patch, it seems that it is corrupt. Do you have any antivirus software? Maybe you could disable it temporarily and try downloading it again. 

And as for updating through the Launcher, you would need all of the original files in the folders for it to be able to update. So if the game is cracked already I don't think it will allow you to update unless you put the original files in again.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Manual patch doesn't work - and script error [SOLVED] Empty Re: Manual patch doesn't work - and script error [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 16:03

Okay good to know Smile I will try turning it off and download it again.

//EDIT

It worked! I turned it off, and now it went perfectly at the first try. Thank you! Manual patch doesn't work - and script error [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 16:31

Melegim wrote:It worked! I turned it off, and now it went perfectly at the first try. Thank you! Very Happy

That's good to hear!

If you ever encounter any other problems or if you have any questions, don't doubt to come back. Good luck! Very Happy

EDIT: Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top