Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Office 2013 Crashes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Office 2013 Crashes Empty Office 2013 Crashes

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 17:38

Hi, I'm having problems.  I've downloaded and run the setup.exe and it installed perfectly. I ran the Microsoft toolkit and only had the activation button highlighted, not the installation. I clicked this and it said it was successful but every time I try and load an application, it crashes.

I previously had Microsoft 10 installed again using a toolkit but I removed this from the PC.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Back to top Go down

Office 2013 Crashes Empty Re: Office 2013 Crashes

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Sep 2014, 20:20

Dippi Hippi wrote:Hi, I'm having problems.  I've downloaded and run the setup.exe and it installed perfectly. I ran the Microsoft toolkit and only had the activation button highlighted, not the installation. I clicked this and it said it was successful but every time I try and load an application, it crashes.

I previously had Microsoft 10 installed again using a toolkit but I removed this from the PC.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Hello Dippi Hippi and welcome,

I'm not sure, actually. Do you still have an earlier version of Microsoft Office installed on your computer ? If so, please, un-install that old Office version completely, and then re-boot the computer. Then try the new Office 2013 again. 

If not, try un-installing Microsoft Office 2013 again, and re-boot the computer. After that, re-install it again. Good luck for now ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 23:04

Thanks for replying.  I've removed office 2010, I even went into the registry and deleted the file with all the 2010 info.  I did the same for the 2013, the I re-booted and reinstalled 2013.  Still crashing.  The microsofttoolbox.exe is still showing info for 2010.  How can I remove the previous version if this? Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Sep 2014, 23:14

Dippi Hippi wrote:Thanks for replying.  I've removed office 2010, I even went into the registry and deleted the file with all the 2010 info.  I did the same for the 2013, the I re-booted and reinstalled 2013.  Still crashing.  The microsofttoolbox.exe is still showing info for 2010.  How can I remove the previous version if this? Thanks

Can you download and install "Your Un-installer Pro", available from G4TW here ?
http://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Install the program and open it. Go under "Advanced Un-install" in the main interface. 

Office 2013 Crashes BUMi81h

See if you find anything related to your old Office. 

Beyond that...what Windows OS are you using ? Do you have ALL the available Windows updates installed, like .NET framework, and so on ? These updates should show up automatically, in "Windows Updates" (accessible via the System Control Panel).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 09:35

Hi there.  I'm using windows 7 and all my updates are installed, with only optional ones that haven't. 
My .NET framework is 4.5.1 (I think, it's definitely over 4.0) and I removed all other Microsoft Office stuff (I had some Office 2007 bits on there), using the above program (thanks for that). The only other Office products I have are Microsoft Office Live Add-in 1.5 and Microsoft Office Outlook Connector.
I removed everything, re-booted, did a fresh install and it's still happening.  Please help as this PC is very close to being hurled out the window lol.

//EDIT

Just thought that I'd mention that I still have Office Toolkit 2010, as I can't work out how to uninstall that. It's not showing up in control panel or on the your uninstall but when I click on the product keys (on the new version), there is a drop down menu and this has Office 2010 as an option.  Would that be the problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 30 Sep 2014, 19:54

Dippi Hippi wrote:Hi there.  I'm using windows 7 and all my updates are installed, with only optional ones that haven't. 
My .NET framework is 4.5.1 (I think, it's definitely over 4.0) and I removed all other Microsoft Office stuff (I had some Office 2007 bits on there), using the above program (thanks for that). The only other Office products I have are Microsoft Office Live Add-in 1.5 and Microsoft Office Outlook Connector.
I removed everything, re-booted, did a fresh install and it's still happening.  Please help as this PC is very close to being hurled out the window lol.

//EDIT

Just thought that I'd mention that I still have Office Toolkit 2010, as I can't work out how to uninstall that. It's not showing up in control panel or on the your uninstall but when I click on the product keys (on the new version), there is a drop down menu and this has Office 2010 as an option.  Would that be the problem?

Please read up on the information about "TeamViewer" here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/contact.html

And then try catching me on the chatbox, preferably toward the weekend. I can't tell when exactly I'll be there though, so you may have to check on several days, and on several different times of the day. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 20:00

Ok will do. Thank you

//EDIT

I gave up and reinstalled windows.  I'm now trying to get everything back on it but on the plus side, Office 2013 now works Office 2013 Crashes Icon_surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Oct 2014, 18:44

Dippi Hippi wrote:Ok will do. Thank you

//EDIT

I gave up and reinstalled windows.  I'm now trying to get everything back on it but on the plus side, Office 2013 now works Office 2013 Crashes Icon_surprised

Have you been online already earlier this weekend ? Feel free to actually contact me via PM, if I offer a TeamViewer session. Smile  Other than that, is there anything else you need help with ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top