Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansion packs installation in Japanese :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansion packs installation in Japanese :( Empty Expansion packs installation in Japanese :(

Post by Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 01:59

My base game installed correctly in the correct language, but when I try to install the other expansions (which I downloaded from here) such as Pets, Ambitions, Generations, etc - they install in Japanese. I can't seem to change the language when installing either. I am at my wits end, any help would be soooooooooooooooooo appreciated!!

many thanks xx

Back to top Go down

Expansion packs installation in Japanese :( Empty Re: Expansion packs installation in Japanese :(

Post by Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 02:02

Hi there! Smile

Is your base game also from here? And are you completely sure that the base game is in English? I think that the only reason for ALL of the expansion packs to be prompted to be installed in Japanese is that the base game is registered as Japanese.

And do you mean that the Setup Wizard is in Japanese or the expansion packs are finally in Japanese?

Back to top Go down

Expansion packs installation in Japanese :( Empty Re: Expansion packs installation in Japanese :(

Post by Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 02:05

I was on the forum previously for the same issue for my base game (which was also downloaded from here) - we managed to install it in English, so I know it's definitely in English. I've also played in successfully and everything is fine there! 

The setup wizards and the packs. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 02:08

pinkm0on wrote:I was on the forum previously for the same issue for my base game (which was also downloaded from here) - we managed to install it in English, so I know it's definitely in English. I've also played in successfully and everything is fine there! 

The setup wizards and the packs. Sad

Ah, yes, I remember that topic...

As Carlos was the one that solved the problem, perhaps he should have more info about this. I suggest that you wait for him a little bit. Smile

EDIT: As for now, could you check something out? It's probably not it, but it's worth to make sure.

Please open up your registry (Win key + R and type "regedit"), and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Sofware > Sims > The Sims 3. If you can't find this one, it may be this other one: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims > The Sims 3.

Could you please tell us what values do the "Locale" and "SKU" keys have? The data is the last column and the name is in the first one.

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 02:25

Hello thanks! Smile

The Locale is 'en-US' and the SKU is '0x00000007 (7)'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 02:32

pinkm0on wrote:Hello thanks! Smile

The Locale is 'en-US' and the SKU is '0x00000007 (7)'

Apparently that indeed isn't the problem. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Well, it seems you'll have to wait for a little bit. Sorry that I can't really help you further.

EDIT: I just realized another thing. Did you actually check if the EPs end up in japanese? The Setup may be in another language (Japanese, for this matter), but the game will end up in English anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Oct 2014, 17:39

pinkm0on wrote:My base game installed correctly in the correct language, but when I try to install the other expansions (which I downloaded from here) such as Pets, Ambitions, Generations, etc - they install in Japanese. I can't seem to change the language when installing either. I am at my wits end, any help would be soooooooooooooooooo appreciated!!

many thanks xx

Yes, I remember that issue...but I can't really give away that much of information either. What was your Windows again, was it Windows 7 ? 

Go to the System Control Panel, and then to "Clock, Language and Region". There, look really everywhere - under each option and tab (it's going to take you a while, since there are numerous options) - if anything is set in Japanese. If so, change the setting(s) to English. And once you're finished, re-boot the computer. After which you try installing again.

Should that not work, then I'm out of explanations. My theory would then be that either you or someone else with access to your computer - maybe even accidentally - screwed around at some point with anything. Maybe not necessarily with Japanese, but maybe with something in another Asian language. You might want to consider a clean Windows re-install then.

Sorry I can't help more either here. Wat.  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Oct 2014, 21:45

I'll have a look, thanks! 

I'm currently attempting to go through the installation guide you have here, installing all the expansions I want to (even though their in Japanese) and then I'll see if they actually work OK.

My windows was Windows 7.

The only thing I notice upon first glance is when I go into Control Panel, the icon for my graphics card Nvidia has a bunch of weird symbols next to it that it never used to. My sister had my computer for a while and she watches loads of Japanese anime and plays Japanese games so she probably messed it up. No idea... I'll have to try and sort it out. Stupid computer...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Oct 2014, 21:50

pinkm0on wrote:I'll have a look, thanks! 

I'm currently attempting to go through the installation guide you have here, installing all the expansions I want to (even though their in Japanese) and then I'll see if they actually work OK.

The only thing I notice upon first glance is when I go into Control Panel, the icon for my graphics card Nvidia has a bunch of weird symbols next to it that it never used to. My sister had my computer for a while and she watches loads of Japanese anime and plays Japanese games so she probably messed it up. No idea... I'll have to try and sort it out. Stupid computer...

Well, my experience is that even though the Setup Wizard is in another language, the game will finally be in english. So, if may work that way for you too. Smile

And it's probable that there is some settings somewhere making part of the OS be in Japanese. It may be worth taking a look.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Oct 2014, 21:57

pinkm0on wrote:I'll have a look, thanks! 

If you can live with installers of programs/games being in Japanese from now on (yes, most likely you'll have that problem with other software too, and not just with Sims 3), then yes, you can leave it as it is now. Smile  

Other than that it might be better to "start over", as painful as it might be. Or check the System Control Panel as I suggested before.

Good luck.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Oct 2014, 22:10

I found a Japanese keyboard which I deleted, rebooted PC, but they're still in Japanese. As long as the actual games are ok I don't mind. I'm just going to try them now...

//EDIT

So I went through each step of the installation guide and the ultimate fix, patches, etc, - and I've gotten this message 'Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Oct 2014, 23:11

pinkm0on wrote:I found a Japanese keyboard which I deleted, rebooted PC, but they're still in Japanese. As long as the actual games are ok I don't mind. I'm just going to try them now...

//EDIT

So I went through each step of the installation guide and the ultimate fix, patches, etc, - and I've gotten this message 'Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Hi again! Smile

Is this the first time you have installed TS3? Or have you ever made an uninstallation of any EPs or SPs before? 

And which EPs did you install? Are they all from here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Oct 2014, 23:20

I've done it loads of times, yup they're all from here. I uninstalled the expansions I thought were causing the problem. Which were Generations and Ambitions - and then the game actually started, but with a 'No Disk' error. I'm attempting to reinstall the two expansions, as I want them in my game, so maybe this will amend the error. Unless I can mount the file using Deamon Tools or something...

//EDIT

Oh and the game wasn't in Japanese Expansion packs installation in Japanese :( Icon_biggrin It's fine haha... apart from not working now Expansion packs installation in Japanese :( Icon_sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Oct 2014, 23:30

pinkm0on wrote:I've done it loads of times, yup they're all from here. I uninstalled the expansions I thought were causing the problem. Which were Generations and Ambitions - and then the game actually started, but with a 'No Disk' error. I'm attempting to reinstall the two expansions, as I want them in my game, so maybe this will amend the error. Unless I can mount the file using Deamon Tools or something...

//EDIT

Oh and the game wasn't in Japanese Expansion packs installation in Japanese :( Icon_biggrin It's fine haha... apart from not working now Expansion packs installation in Japanese :( Icon_sad

Please, remember not to double post. You can edit the first post to add more information by clicking "Edit" at the top of it. Sorry, it's against the Forum rules. Wink

Yes, the error you got was for an incomplete uninstallation of the EPs. The No Disk error is because of the Ultimate Fix, that you may need to apply again after the Manual Patch. If the service initialization error persists, please let us know. Smile

Last edited by SeoY on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 03:41; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Oct 2014, 23:34

So I reinstalled the expansions and its working apart from the no Disk error Smile Yay! Just need to fix that now...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Oct 2014, 23:42

pinkm0on wrote:So I reinstalled the expansions and its working apart from the no Disk error Smile Yay! Just need to fix that now...

Please, do the steps 2-4 from this guide again:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

That should fix the error. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Oct 2014, 00:18

Hurrrayyyy it's all working! Thanks guys Very Happy Very happy.

The ONLY thing that is a problem now, is that when I try to put my mods folder back into the game I get an error and it sits on the loading green bar for AGES and doesn't move. 

At least I have all the expansions working though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Oct 2014, 00:28

pinkm0on wrote:Hurrrayyyy it's all working! Thanks guys Very Happy Very happy.

The ONLY thing that is a problem now, is that when I try to put my mods folder back into the game I get an error and it sits on the loading green bar for AGES and doesn't move. 

At least I have all the expansions working though Smile

That's good to hear! Very Happy

Could you tell us exactly what error you are getting? Are you sure that all of your mods are updated to 1.67?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Oct 2014, 00:35

How can I tell if they are updated?

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Oct 2014, 00:42

pinkm0on wrote:How can I tell if they are updated?

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them"

There's no way to really tell. You have to check one by one, either by going to the source of each one and downloading them again or try to narrow it down by moving the mods folder back (but empty) and start putting mods and checking if you get the error. Wink

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 11 Oct 2014, 00:57

pinkm0on wrote:How can I tell if they are updated?

The safest method would be to simply look at the names of the mods you have. Then go to the source(s) and re-download the latest versions of all mods.

After you got all updated mods, copy them to your "Mods"-folder and replace ALL of the old files, when prompted. Checking each and every mods is - in my opinion - useless; if the mods worked with you in an earlier patch version, but not now anymore, there isn't much point in sifting through your files. Smile  Mods almost always only work with one particular game version.

You may be able to use things like custom skins, CAS/Buy-mode/Build-mode items and such, but that's it. For everything else, you should look for updated mod versions.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Oct 2014, 01:07

thanks guys Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 11 Oct 2014, 21:31

Hi there,

You're welcome. Is there anything else we can help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top