Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 wont up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 wont up  Empty Sims 4 wont up

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 21:42

I am having trouble opening Sims 4 as a message pops up saying 
"The dynamic libary "rld.dll" failed to initialize (EO)."
My antivirus had removed Sims 4 when I installed it so I had to repair Sims 4 in the setup and alter my antivirus so It wouldn't pick it up as a virus.
Any suggesstions?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 wont up  Empty Re: Sims 4 wont up

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 22:19

Hello there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Please, download the Ultimate Fix from this link here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

If you follow all of the instructions from the guide inside, the error should disappear. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 23:41

Oh thank you Sir! <3 I have exactly the same error. Smile I'm gonna try the Ultimate Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 02:10

its the vcredist_x64/x86 when it came with download in the cabs its the preview so there is a mismatch with the files, uninstall the vcredist_x64/x86 preview and install the ones from microsoft

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Oct 2014, 03:04

MaggieEG wrote:Oh thank you Sir! <3 I have exactly the same error. Smile I'm gonna try the Ultimate Fix

Kondrad wrote:its the vcredist_x64/x86 when it came with download in the cabs its the preview so there is a mismatch with the files, uninstall the vcredist_x64/x86 preview and install the ones from microsoft

Hello all,

To elaborate more, please see this post here, which has a link to Microsoft for the latest/compatible Visual C++ 2013, here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18092-dll-error-strikes-again-solved#125796

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 11:25

SeoY wrote:Hello there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Please, download the Ultimate Fix from this link here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

If you follow all of the instructions from the guide inside, the error should disappear. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy
I followed all the instructions but The Sims 4 still wont open and it wont let me uninstall it to try and download it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 13:04

michellemcbxx wrote:I followed all the instructions but The Sims 4 still wont open and it wont let me uninstall it to try and download it again.

Hi again! Smile

If you are still getting the "rld.dll" error, it should be able to be fixed without the need of a reinstall (which I doubt would help at all). 

If you already made sure that both vcredit_x86 and vcredit_x64 are installed, if possible, then what's most likely happening is that your antivirus is deleting an important file from the game installation folder. This is why it's so crucial to add the folders to the exceptions list. The thing is: the file is already deleted. Here is where the Ultimate Fix comes, as copying the folders inside to the location of the game installation will restore any files previously deleted. BUT if your antivirus also deleted the file inside the Ultimate Fix before you copy it, this process will be useless. 

So: temporarily disable your antivirus, re-download the Ultimate Fix and then copy the folders again to the location specified. See if your game works, and only after that enable your antivirus again. If the folders were added to the exceptions list, there shouldn't be any more problems after this. But if you get it again, they weren't properly added to the exceptions and the file was deleted again. You would need to repeat this after adding the folders to the exceptions correctly. Wink

Good luck, and please keep us updated! Very Happy

Last edited by SeoY on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 15:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 14:59

SeoY wrote:
michellemcbxx wrote:I followed all the instructions but The Sims 4 still wont open and it wont let me uninstall it to try and download it again.

Hi again! Smile

If you are still getting the "rld.dl" error, it should be able to be fixed without the need of a reinstall (which I doubt would help at all). 

If you already made sure that both vcredit_x86 and vcredit_x64 are installed, if possible, then what's most likely happening is that your antivirus is deleting an important file from the game installation folder. This is why it's so crucial to add the folders to the exceptions list. The thing is: the file is already deleted. Here is where the Ultimate Fix comes, as copying the folders inside to the location of the game installation will restore any files previously deleted. BUT if your antivirus also deleted the file inside the Ultimate Fix before you copy it, this process will be useless. 

So: temporarily disable your antivirus, re-download the Ultimate Fix and then copy the folders again to the location specified. See if your game works, and only after that enable your antivirus again. If the folders were added to the exceptions list, there shouldn't be any more problems after this. But if you get it again, they weren't properly added to the exceptions and the file was deleted again. You would need to repeat this after adding the folders to the exceptions correctly. Wink

Good luck, and please keep us updated! Very Happy
Thank you for all your help, I followed all your instructions but unfortunately It still wont let me access Sims 4 and the same message is popping up. Sorry for being a pest Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 03:47

michellemcbxx wrote:Thank you for all your help, I followed all your instructions but unfortunately It still wont let me access Sims 4 and the same message is popping up. Sorry for being a pest Sad

Don't worry, you are not a pest!

Could you tell us exactly what steps you followed? Just so we know better what's going on. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top