Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dynamic Library issue/Random crashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dynamic Library issue/Random crashing Empty Dynamic Library issue/Random crashing

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 02:20

Hello!

I have been having crashing issues as of late so I thought to uninstall all custom content I had recently installed. No help. At first it would crash when I tried to edit my family in CAS and then when I traveled. Now it's just crashing randomly.

I did the steps for the DEP and the 4gb patch. I restarted my computer but now when I try to launch TS4, i get the "dynamic library failed to initialize" error which is new for me. Should I now install the ultimate fix?

Back to top Go down

Dynamic Library issue/Random crashing Empty Re: Dynamic Library issue/Random crashing

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 02:30

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

About the error you got after the restart, yes, please download and apply the Ultimate Fix. You can get it from this link here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

Follow every step, as they are all very important. If you got the error after a restart, the most probable thing that caused it is that your antivirus deleted one or some of the files necessary for the game to work. This is covered in the Step 1 of the Ultimate Fix guide. Smile

About the crashes, was it working fine before you installed any Custom Content? Maybe you could try going to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and move this folder somewhere else. After you start the game again, a new The Sims 4 folder will be generated. Try playing in a new save to see if the crashes continue.

Please, do let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Dynamic Library issue/Random crashing Empty Re: Dynamic Library issue/Random crashing

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 04:32

So after installing the fix, I was able to start the game but i had to work around my avast anti-virus. When i extracted the "game" folder from the fix to be copied to my sims 4 folder, avast went crazy. Even after clicking to add the file to the exclusion list, it would still delete the ts4.exe file so, I disabled my avast shield temporarily and then proceeded to copy the files.

I then right-clicked on ts4.exe and clicked "run as administrator" to launch the game (when I first installed the g4tw crack, simply double clicking made my avast flag it and I would have to manually go to the virus chest and restore the file so right-clicking is what I found to work around it. Also, when I open avast and view the exclusion list, ts4.exe is there but yet avast would still flag it, so I don't know.)

I played the game for about 30 minutes with no crashes. I manually closed the game and I'm going to try to and install some custom content again.

As for the crashes, they started after I installed my second batch of CC which was 3 or 4 days after the first batch of CC I installed. That's why I thought it had to do with that but even after uninstalling that CC, the crashes persisted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 04:40

crystaaaaalxo wrote:So after installing the fix, I was able to start the game but i had to work around my avast anti-virus. When i extracted the "game" folder from the fix to be copied to my sims 4 folder, avast went crazy. Even after clicking to add the file to the exclusion list, it would still delete the ts4.exe file so, I disabled my avast shield temporarily and then proceeded to copy the files.

I then right-clicked on ts4.exe and clicked "run as administrator" to launch the game (simply double clicking previously made my avast flag it when I first installed the g4tw crack so right-clicking is what I found to work around it. Also, when I open avast and view the exclusion list, ts4.exe is there but yet avast would still flag it, so I don't know.)

I played the game for about 30 minutes with no crashes. I manually closed the game and I'm going to try to and install some custom content again.

As for the crashes, they started after I installed my second batch of CC which was 3 or 4 days after the first batch of CC I installed. That's why I thought it had to do with that but even after uninstalling that CC, the crashes persisted.

Well, it's possible that even after you removed the possibly corrupt CC you installed, some remains of that content were left in your save, crashing the game. We recommend that you take a good look at what CC you are installing, and possibly make back ups for your saves before trying new CC, so that if it's corrupted it won't ruin your save. Wink

We'll leave this topic open for you to put any updates on the matter. Good luck!

Last edited by SeoY on Tue 28 Oct 2014, 13:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 28 Oct 2014, 07:25

crystaaaaalxo wrote:So after installing the fix, I was able to start the game but i had to work around my avast anti-virus. When i extracted the "game" folder from the fix to be copied to my sims 4 folder, avast went crazy. Even after clicking to add the file to the exclusion list, it would still delete the ts4.exe file so, I disabled my avast shield temporarily and then proceeded to copy the files.

I then right-clicked on ts4.exe and clicked "run as administrator" to launch the game (when I first installed the g4tw crack, simply double clicking made my avast flag it and I would have to manually go to the virus chest and restore the file so right-clicking is what I found to work around it. Also, when I open avast and view the exclusion list, ts4.exe is there but yet avast would still flag it, so I don't know.)

Hello crystaaaaalxo and welcome,

Try clearing the cache files, in (My) Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4. Do it this way:

- Delete all contents inside th folder cache, that have the file format .cache
- Delete all contents inside the folder cachestr
- Delete the file localthumbcache.package

See if that improves anything in your game. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 07:36

I actually don't have a cache folder. Is that an issue? I have the cachestr (only had one .package file in it) and a lotcachedata with a few .dat files in it. I'm going to see if deleting the files you mentioned makes a difference.

After installing more CC, the crashes did return.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 28 Oct 2014, 07:40

crystaaaaalxo wrote:I actually don't have a cache folder. Is that an issue? I have the cachestr (only had one .package file in it) and a lotcachedata with a few .dat files in it. I'm going to see if deleting the files you mentioned makes a difference.

After installing more CC, the crashes did return.

If you cannot find a few things that I mentioned, simply go on with the other stuff. Good luck again ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 07:45

crashed again. not even 5 minutes. It's crashing in CAS so should I uninstall my CC?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 28 Oct 2014, 07:47

crystaaaaalxo wrote:crashed again. not even 5 minutes. It's crashing in CAS so should I uninstall my CC?

First of all, try un-installing only the ones that you recently added.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 21:07

So yea, uninstalling the CC seemed to help. I'm going to try and play for an hour or so and see what happens.

Note: I'm downloading my CC all from the same place. Why is new the CC crashing the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 21:54

crystaaaaalxo wrote:So yea, uninstalling the CC seemed to help. I'm going to try and play for an hour or so and see what happens.

Note: I'm downloading my CC all from the same place. Why is new the CC crashing the game?

It's possible that some of the CC from that page you say has issues, or is conflicting with each other. But we can't really tell you for sure, I'm sorry to say, as we don't know exactly which it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 28 Oct 2014, 22:32

crystaaaaalxo wrote:Why is new the CC crashing the game?

Short answer: because it's - one way or the other - incompatible or corrupted. As unpleasant it may sound for you, it's that simple. In that case, move on to other CC items.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 22:46

Ok, thanks so much for the help! It's appreciated Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top