Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CRC Failed in setup1.cab. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRC Failed in setup1.cab. [SOLVED] Empty CRC Failed in setup1.cab. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 03:24

CRC Failed in setup1.cab. [SOLVED] ZcFRI4RhaxAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I was extracting the Sims 4 folder when I got this error. I have the setup.msi file as well as the language changer and installation guide, but I couldn't install the game without the setup1.cab. I tried extracting this in Disk C as well and same thing happens.

Any ideas how to go about this?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

CRC Failed in setup1.cab. [SOLVED] Empty Re: CRC Failed in setup1.cab. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 03:28

Hi there! Smile

Did you make sure that the torrent was completely downloaded before trying to extract it? You could also go to the torrent, right click it and select "Force Recheck". After it's done, try extracting it again.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 04:59

Hi,

Yep, I double-checked the file tab and the overall size matches the size of the file I have finished downloading. I did the re-check and same thing happened. File was still corrupted. Sad

Any more ideas?

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 28 Oct 2014, 07:30

anikadanielle wrote:Hi,

Yep, I double-checked the file tab and the overall size matches the size of the file I have finished downloading. I did the re-check and same thing happened. File was still corrupted. Sad

Any more ideas?

Thanks.

Hello anikadanielle and welcome,

You should STOP the torrent download at first, in your torrent client. And THEN, select the "Force re-check". Did you do that ? Other than that I'm unsure...at this point, you should try re-downloading with a different torrent client. But maybe someone else has a better answer. WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 07:36

Hi,

Yep, I did. I was able to perform the re-check, it just didn't change anything. 

Yikes. I cringe at downloading it again because this one took 4 days to complete the download process. Lol. Yes, it's that bad.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 28 Oct 2014, 07:41

Yep, I did. I was able to perform the re-check, it just didn't change anything. 

Yikes. I cringe at downloading it again because this one took 4 days to complete the download process. Lol. Yes, it's that bad.

Thanks!

It might be a small thought, but is your WinRAR up-to-date ? You can download WinRAR version 4.20, here:

http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 08:08

Hi,

I will try that out. It might be what's wrong.

Thanks.

//EDIT

Hi,

So I tried it and it stayed pretty much the same. File is still corrupted. CRC Failed in setup1.cab. [SOLVED] Icon_sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 28 Oct 2014, 17:20

I will try that out. It might be what's wrong.

Thanks.

//EDIT

Hi,

So I tried it and it stayed pretty much the same. File is still corrupted. CRC Failed in setup1.cab. [SOLVED] Icon_sad

OK, then I'm sorry, but I guess I'm out of other explanations now. Sad  You may try re-downloading, possibly with a different torrent client.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Oct 2014, 02:35

I may try that sometime soon.

Thanks! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 30 Oct 2014, 04:35

anikadanielle wrote:I may try that sometime soon.

Thanks! Smile

Take your time, and good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Nov 2014, 09:05

Update: I was finally able to re-download the file again and this time, I was able to extract the files without problems.

Of course now I have a different issue, but that's for another thread.

This one, however, has been fixed. Thank you for helping! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Nov 2014, 09:21

anikadanielle wrote:Update: I was finally able to re-download the file again and this time, I was able to extract the files without problems.

Of course now I have a different issue, but that's for another thread.

This one, however, has been fixed. Thank you for helping! Smile

You can continue the discussion here. Smile  No need to make an extra thread for follow-up issues.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Nov 2014, 11:31

Oh. Thanks. I have the same issue as the person in this thread:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18220-the-dynamic-library-rlddll-failed-to-initialize-e1103

I followed the instructions from the Ultimate Fix. The only thing I failed to do is install the vcredist_x64.exe file (my pc is a 32-bit). I also added the files to my anti-virus exclusion list and tried installing Sims 4 both with the antivirus on and off, but still get: The dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize (E1103) error.

The game has also been installed in the default folder. There's also this thing that when I try to open the game from the shortcut on my desktop, it reboots my pc.

Perhaps my pc can't handle the game? I don't really know much about system requirements and whatnot.

Thanks. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Nov 2014, 12:59

anikadanielle wrote:Oh. Thanks. I have the same issue as the person in this thread:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18220-the-dynamic-library-rlddll-failed-to-initialize-e1103

I followed the instructions from the Ultimate Fix. The only thing I failed to do is install the vcredist_x64.exe file (my pc is a 32-bit). I also added the files to my anti-virus exclusion list and tried installing Sims 4 both with the antivirus on and off, but still get: The dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize (E1103) error.

The game has also been installed in the default folder. There's also this thing that when I try to open the game from the shortcut on my desktop, it reboots my pc.

Perhaps my pc can't handle the game? I don't really know much about system requirements and whatnot.

Thanks. Smile

Hi again! Very Happy

What antivirus do you have, if you don't mind me asking? 

Something you could try is to download the Ultimate Fix again but with the antivirus disabled. It's possible that the antivirus deleted an important file from the Ultimate Fix, making the copying of the folders useless.

So, redownload the Ultimate Fix and copy the folders again. Good luck, and please let us know how it goes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Nov 2014, 13:07

Hi. I'll try that out. I'm using ESET Nod32 downloaded from Games4theworld. Smile

Will let you know how that works.

Thanks.

//EDIT

I downloaded the Ultimate Fix when my anti-virus was disabled and unfortunately, nothing has changed.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Nov 2014, 17:31

anikadanielle wrote:Hi. I'll try that out. I'm using ESET Nod32 downloaded from Games4theworld. Smile

Will let you know how that works.

Thanks.

//EDIT

I downloaded the Ultimate Fix when my anti-virus was disabled and unfortunately, nothing has changed.

Thanks.

One thing you could do is uninstall and reinstall the vcredist_x86. If that doesn't work either, please post a screenshot of your Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin folder, in detail mode and with all of the files and columns visible if possible. It could help us detect the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Nov 2014, 05:16

Hi,

Uninstalling and installing vcredist_x86 didn't work. Sad

Here's the screenshot of my game bin:

CRC Failed in setup1.cab. [SOLVED] A9hpsN3b84YkAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Thanks! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Nov 2014, 20:26

Uninstalling and installing vcredist_x86 didn't work. Sad

Here's the screenshot of my game bin: (...)

Thanks! Smile

I'm really unsure at this point what else to suggest, but do you have all available updates or your Windows XP downloaded and installed ?

There is also a Visual C++ 2010, which you might want to give a try, but I'm really unsure this time. Sorry. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Nov 2014, 11:56

Hi,

No worries. I believe I have all the updates installed, or at least I don't get bugged by one of those update pop-up things. Smile

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Nov 2014, 18:24

No worries. I believe I have all the updates installed, or at least I don't get bugged by one of those update pop-up things. Smile

Thanks!

Do you also have the Service Pack 3 installed (for Windows XP) ?

If possible, and if your computer is strong enough, I would consider an upgrade to Windows 7 (64-bit). You can get Windows 7 from G4TW too. But other than that, I'm afraid I can't suggest more. Sorry for that. 

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Nov 2014, 01:39

Hi,

I'm not sure what a Service Pack 3 is, but I don't think my pc is strong enough for the upgrade.  I was just trying to install the game and if it worked, great. If not, I guess no harm done (I hope). At least I didn't have to spend $80 for a game that wouldn't work on my pc, eh? Smile

No worries. Thanks for the suggestions!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Nov 2014, 03:38

I'm not sure what a Service Pack 3 is, but I don't think my pc is strong enough for the upgrade.  I was just trying to install the game and if it worked, great. If not, I guess no harm done (I hope). At least I didn't have to spend $80 for a game that wouldn't work on my pc, eh? Smile

No worries. Thanks for the suggestions!

"Service packs" are major updates for Windows operating systems, and the Servie Pack 3 for Windows XP is actually a requirement for running Sims 4. See this here:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-system-requirements/

Get the Service pack 3 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25129

And again, make sure to actually double-check whether you missed any other update besides that. Good luck.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Feb 2015, 05:22

Update:
Apparently, my pc then didn't even meet the system requirements for Sims 4. Yeah, I know. Noob . Haha

I have since updated and got myself a better CPU. It's still 32-bit, but my Sims 4 now work well with it.

Thanks. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Feb 2015, 19:27

anikadanielle wrote:Update:
Apparently, my pc then didn't even meet the system requirements for Sims 4. Yeah, I know. Noob . Haha

I have since updated and got myself a better CPU. It's still 32-bit, but my Sims 4 now work well with it.

Thanks. Smile

Alright, thanks for letting us know. Smile  That error should normally be independent of the actual system specs, but OK. If you have any other question or want to chat, feel free to open a new thread anytime. This one is closed. Have fun !

The Sims Plumbob 1
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top