Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Base Game Japanese Installation Error [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Base Game Japanese Installation Error [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Base Game Japanese Installation Error [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 15:11

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any other topics that were similar to this and involved the base game having this issue, thus I will make a new thread for it. For whatever reason, after mounting both the start disk and disk 1 and clicking on the Sims3Setup.exe, it tries to install the game but crashes and gives me an error in Japanese. At the present moment, I am unable to read Japanese and thus I am unable to decipher what is written on this error. I have tried redownloading the Sims 3 Base Game several times (from games4theworld) but I have received the exact same error. Are there any fixes for this problem?

Sims 3 Base Game Japanese Installation Error [SOLVED] Error11

Sims 3 Base Game Japanese Installation Error [SOLVED] Files10

Last edited by Mimic on Tue 28 Oct 2014, 16:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Problem was solved ^^.)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Base Game Japanese Installation Error [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Base Game Japanese Installation Error [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 15:17

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Is this the first time you are installing The Sims 3 in that computer, or did you have it installed before? 

And what program are you using to do the mounting?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Base Game Japanese Installation Error [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Base Game Japanese Installation Error [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 15:20

Hello and thank you!
I am using Windows 8 as an OS at the present moment and used Daemon Tools to mount the iso files for Sims. I have installed Sims 3 before, however it was on a different computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 16:07

Mimic wrote:Hello and thank you!
I am using Windows 8 as an OS at the present moment and used Daemon Tools to mount the iso files for Sims. I have installed Sims 3 before, however it was on a different computer.

I see. Then I think our best bet would be to try and translate the error you are getting. 

Please, try installing it again. But this time, when you get the error message, press Ctrl+C (make sure the error window is lit up). This will copy the text to your clipboard. Finally, paste it here and we'll see what we can find. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 16:25

Oh dear, it would seem when I copied the files from my previous computer, there was a Sims 3 folder that was conflicting with the setup. o.o The error, after translating it, was trying to say there was another version on Sims installed already.

--------------------------- 
The Sims 3 - InstallShield Wizard 
Version 1.57.062 of The Sims 3 is already installed. 

This setup will install an older version (1.0.615) of The Sims 3. 

You will need to uninstall the previous version before installing this version. 
OK 

Thank you very much for helping me figure out how to translate the error, Seoy! ^^ The installation now works perfectly after I removed the older files. Once again, thank you. Have a good day.

- Mimic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 16:44

Mimic wrote:Oh dear, it would seem when I copied the files from my previous computer, there was a Sims 3 folder that was conflicting with the setup. o.o The error, after translating it, was trying to say there was another version on Sims installed already.

The Sims 3 - InstallShield Wizard 
Version 1.57.062 of The Sims 3 is already installed. 

This setup will install an older version (1.0.615) of The Sims 3. 

You will need to uninstall the previous version before installing this version. 
OK 

Thank you very much for helping me figure out how to translate the error, Seoy! ^^ The installation now works perfectly after I removed the older files. Once again, thank you. Have a good day.

- Mimic

Glad that you were able to translate it! Yes, that error appears when it detects that you have the game already installed. 

You're very welcome! Very Happy
I'll close this topic now. Should you need anything else, be sure to come back. You too have a good day and have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top