Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texture problem!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Texture problem! Empty Texture problem!

Post by Guest Sat 01 Nov 2014, 17:37

Hello! I installed The Sims 4 but I have a problem at the sim creation. My character is black so I can't see him, I just see the eyes, contour but not clothes and skin colour. And when I start the game, I have lot of "?" on the ground. Can you help me please ?

Back to top Go down

Texture problem! Empty Re: Texture problem!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 01 Nov 2014, 22:51

helynna wrote:Hello! I installed The Sims 4 but I have a problem at the sim creation. My character is black so I can't see him, I just see the eyes, contour but not clothes and skin colour. And when I start the game, I have lot of "?" on the ground. Can you help me please ?

Hello helynna and welcome,

Let's see...can you at first download and (re-)apply the "Ultimate fix", here ?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

Instructions are included. Also, can you tell me whether you recently installed any custom content or mods for Sims 4 ? I would also rename the folder "The Sims 4" in Documents/Electronic Arts, into anything else. Just change the folder's name. After you applied the Ultimate fix and renamed that folder, re-start the game and see if you notice any differences.

Good luck and keep us posted !

//EDIT

Also, can you lower the graphics settings in the in-game options menu ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Nov 2014, 13:48

Thank you for your answer, I did it but it's always the same.
I had all sims 3 so I have bonus for it but I don't have mods for sims 4.

I did a screen to show you what' happening: 
Texture problem! 10752779_787625671294316_1482267415_o
Thanks for help.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Nov 2014, 13:51

Do you now how to update your graphics drivers ? Press the Windows key + R. In the small search mask that comes up type dxdiag and hit enter.

Now, in the bigger window that comes up, go to the tab named "Display" and tell me what is written there under "Name" and "Chip type". Or you can also upload a screenshot of that "Display"-tab too. Texture problem! Icon_smile  

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Nov 2014, 16:21

Texture problem! 10751954_787690204621196_135171208_n

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Nov 2014, 23:06

helynna wrote:Texture problem! 10751954_787690204621196_135171208_n

OK, thank you. Smile  Can you try this here, and see if driver updates for your graphics chip are detected ?

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

Also, in the in-game options menu, try lowering all the settings and play in windowed mode too. See if these changes affect your graphics too. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Nov 2014, 21:47

It doesn't work even if I update my drivers. 
I also play in windowed mode with lower graphics and it doesn't work too.
I took a look at parameters of Nvidia graphics card when I right-click on the sims 4; and i didn't see that my parameters were so high. So everything is at the lower.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Nov 2014, 06:14

helynna wrote:It doesn't work even if I update my drivers. 
I also play in windowed mode with lower graphics and it doesn't work too.
I took a look at parameters of Nvidia graphics card when I right-click on the sims 4; and i didn't see that my parameters were so high. So everything is at the lower.

I'm afraid I'm out of explanations then. Keep in mind that your graphics chip is far too weak for gaming purposes. Or does your computer have a second graphics card too, besides that Intel HD-chip ?

If you can, try playing on a stronger computer or save up for something better than your current system. That's the best thing for me to tell you, actually.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top