Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vampire, Toddler texture errors; icons showing up as llamas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vampire, Toddler texture errors; icons showing up as llamas Empty Vampire, Toddler texture errors; icons showing up as llamas

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jun 2017, 05:15

Hello! I recently updated to the newest patch from the pre-vampires and toddlers update, and with the update my textures aren't working! The toddlers entire body is covered in red and white mosaic and question marks, and while other vampire textures are fine (teeth, veins, etc.) the grey vampire skins all aren't working. The only other error I've noticed thus far is that a large number of game icons have turned into weird llama icons, from the icons of the games that I have to specific CAS icons.

I haven't had the loading glitch, but I've tried it both with and without the "Game" folder replacement fix, I've overwritten the update files a few times, and I've removed and reinstalled my mods to no effect. I tried to see if anyone else is having this problem but it seems like I'm alone, and I'm legitimately unsure what could be causing this issue.

I'm running the game on Windows 10 and playing the x64-bit version.

Back to top Go down

Vampire, Toddler texture errors; icons showing up as llamas Empty Re: Vampire, Toddler texture errors; icons showing up as llamas

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jun 2017, 13:37

same thing happens in my game, it doesn't mess with my game at all just really weird  Tea 1

Back to top Go down

Vampire, Toddler texture errors; icons showing up as llamas Empty Re: Vampire, Toddler texture errors; icons showing up as llamas

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jun 2017, 16:16

Hi both of you, 

Have you tried re-installing Vampire again to see if the texture issues are gone? Also, checking that you paste the new update AFTER installing Parenthood (a few simmers missed out on this).

Also, if you have any mods, I'd suggest moving the mods folder out and run the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jun 2017, 21:10

my game has been doing it since before the vampires pack, even when i had the purchased uncracked game

it's no worry to me but thank you! hehe  cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 16:33

emosirrow wrote:my game has been doing it since before the vampires pack, even when i had the purchased uncracked game

it's no worry to me but thank you! hehe  cat
Ah I see. Perhaps the game itself has re-textures issues. I saw users actually having issues with the real game as well, like you.  Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Jun 2017, 02:22

Sorry for taking so long to respond - I did all of the above, and I've replaced my game folder a few times too (obvs after doing the vampires update, of course).

I never had this issue before, so I have noooo idea why it's doing it now! I also noticed some other items, particularly vampire teeth and a few new outfits and accessories, also cause the weird mosaic-ing. I wouldn't be too bothered if the toddlers weren't unuseable because of it, they look less like humans and more like missing assets in a source game hahah. I can screenshot it if seeing will help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Jun 2017, 17:50

Ah, unfortunately I don't think I can help out much regarding this. Since apparently even simmers with the legit game is having this problem? Since you have no mods/CCs in the game(assuming you've move them out) I have to rule out mod-conflict and that just leaves with the game/expansion pack itself as the problem. 

Try to move out your sims 4 folder from Program Files to the Desktop directly to see if that fixes it somehow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top