Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAS sim texture won't load

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CAS sim texture won't load Empty CAS sim texture won't load

Post by Guest Sun 02 Nov 2014, 02:04

Basically, the problem is, when I enter CAS, the sim looks like this:
CAS sim texture won't load Untitl11
so, I can't edit it :c even some of the buttons don't show up until the cursor goes on them. Video and sound are running smoothly and I have set them to the lowest, have used the ultimate fix before opening the game. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

CAS sim texture won't load Empty Re: CAS sim texture won't load

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Nov 2014, 05:01

Marlene95 wrote:Basically, the problem is, when I enter CAS, the sim looks like this:
CAS sim texture won't load Untitl11
so, I can't edit it :c even some of the buttons don't show up until the cursor goes on them. Video and sound are running smoothly and I have set them to the lowest, have used the ultimate fix before opening the game. Any ideas?

Hello Marlene and welcome,

At this point I can only guess what could be wrong. Do you now how to update your graphics drivers ? Press the Windows key + R. In the small search mask that comes up type dxdiag and hit enter.

Now, in the bigger window that comes up, go to the tab named "Display" and tell me what is written there under "Name" and "Chip type". Or you can also upload a screenshot of that "Display"-tab too. Smile  

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Nov 2014, 04:46

Carlos wrote:Hello Marlene and welcome,

At this point I can only guess what could be wrong. Do you now how to update your graphics drivers ? Press the Windows key + R. In the small search mask that comes up type dxdiag and hit enter.

Now, in the bigger window that comes up, go to the tab named "Display" and tell me what is written there under "Name" and "Chip type". Or you can also upload a screenshot of that "Display"-tab too. Smile  

Good luck !

Thanks for the welcome, and for the quick response. Here it goes:
Name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
and the Chip type says the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Nov 2014, 20:16

Marlene95 wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, and for the quick response. Here it goes:
Name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
and the Chip type says the same.

I'm afraid you won't be able to run the game properly on that graphics chip, but let's see. Can you check out this here, and see if updates fro your graphics chip are detected ?

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

//EDIT

Does your computer have a second graphics card ? A stronger one maybe ? If so, it would be possible to switch graphics cards, so that Sims 4 uses the stronger one. In case of doubt, do some research on your computer model and/or look in any available reference manual(s).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Nov 2014, 05:46

Nope WhatDidUJustCallMe? so I guess i'm gonna have to stay with the sims 3 (which runs perfectly btw) I have a mac, but have to wait until the game releases for it >.<
Anyway, thanks for your time (:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Nov 2014, 06:02

Marlene95 wrote:Nope WhatDidUJustCallMe? so I guess i'm gonna have to stay with the sims 3 (which runs perfectly btw) I have a mac, but have to wait until the game releases for it >.<
Anyway, thanks for your time (:

I assume you're running Bootcamp or something similar ? I've seen some people having similar graphics glitches, when running the game on a Mac computer with Parallels/Bootcamp.

At that point, I'm afraid I can't help further, since I'm unfamiliar with how exactly Bootcamp and similar things work. Do you have ALL available Windows updates downloaded and installed too ? Please check the "Control Panel" in Windows, and then go under "System" -> "Windows Update".

You may also write Phoebe a PM; she knows more about Mac than I do. Via this link:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/u8780

Keep in mind though she's not regularly here, so you may have to be patient when awaiting a reply. Maybe she'll reply to this thread.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top