Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timed events (such as dates) end seconds after I start them [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Timed events (such as dates) end seconds after I start them [SOLVED] Empty Timed events (such as dates) end seconds after I start them [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 04 Nov 2014, 18:01

I've tried to go on 3 dates, and every one of them ended seconds after I started them. I'll do a few actions, the game will freeze for a second, and then the date ends saying "No medals were achieved". After that, the person I went on a date with will leave the lot, but the social bar at the top of the screen will stay there for the rest of my game.
I haven't tried to throw a party yet, but I have a feeling it'll bug out, too. Is there any way I can fix this?

Back to top Go down

Timed events (such as dates) end seconds after I start them [SOLVED] Empty Re: Timed events (such as dates) end seconds after I start them [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 05 Nov 2014, 05:05

Hi there! Smile

Do you happen to have any Mods installed? You should try removing those temporarily to see if it helps. Did the events work before, or are you having this issue since the game was first installed?

Back to top Go down

Timed events (such as dates) end seconds after I start them [SOLVED] Empty Re: Timed events (such as dates) end seconds after I start them [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 05 Nov 2014, 15:51

No, I don't have any mods. This is an issue I've been having since I installed the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Nov 2014, 16:02

kaylamo wrote:No, I don't have any mods. This is an issue I've been having since I installed the game.

That's very odd. Please, go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and rename this folder (or move it somewhere else). When you start the game again, a new folder will be generated. Then, create a new save and try going to any of those social events again. Check if the same thing happens. 

Be sure to let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Nov 2014, 23:25

kaylamo wrote:No, I don't have any mods. This is an issue I've been having since I installed the game.

If SeoY's suggestion doesn't work (it may not work, because this is in all likelihood an in-game glitch that needs to be fixed by a future patch), please go to (My) Documents/Electronic Arts and delete the freshly created "The Sims 4" folder. 

After that, rename your old "The Sims 4" folder back to normal. Then play on. There is no point in giving up your savegame for that glitch. Smile 

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Nov 2014, 13:38

Well, I played yesterday for a bit and tried going on a date again. It worked this time for some reason. I switched my settings to laptop mode, so I don't know if that's what fixed it, but thank you for your help. I appreciate it! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Nov 2014, 13:58

kaylamo wrote:Well, I played yesterday for a bit and tried going on a date again. It worked this time for some reason. I switched my settings to laptop mode, so I don't know if that's what fixed it, but thank you for your help. I appreciate it! Smile

That's strange. Thanks for letting us know! Very Happy

Problem solved, topic closed. Should you need anything else, be sure to come back. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top