Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help! Unable to start: Cannot start because required game data is missing... [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please help! Unable to start: Cannot start because required game data is missing... [SOLVED] Empty Please help! Unable to start: Cannot start because required game data is missing... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 23:15

Today I installed the Toddlers, Parenthood and newest patch stuff.

Before, I had the base game, Get to wotk, Get together and City Living (from G4TW). All this worked fine just until today!

Fir sure, I follow the exact instructions, but...

The problem is:

Please help! Unable to start: Cannot start because required game data is missing... [SOLVED] X4q5c6

I have no f..ng idea why in the heavens this message appears. 

Please help, folks!

Back to top Go down

Please help! Unable to start: Cannot start because required game data is missing... [SOLVED] Empty Re: Please help! Unable to start: Cannot start because required game data is missing... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 23:35

just reinstall the game you didn't do something right, therefore, its not starting keep doing some research(in the forums) keep trying if you really want to play the game that's all I can tell you ( P.S I have encountered issues to including yours but when I looked over what I did kept trying it eventually works)

Back to top Go down

Please help! Unable to start: Cannot start because required game data is missing... [SOLVED] Empty Re: Please help! Unable to start: Cannot start because required game data is missing... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 01:29

I have exactly the same problem and have always been able to get g4tw games to work for me.

i did the following;

disabled eset security
made sure to use new .exe file to load game
ran game as admin
removed all mods
re installed game folder for patch as advised
removed old game_ folders from sims 4 folder
moved sims folder from 'program files' to 'program files (x84)'
renamed folder from 'the sims 4 deluxe edition' to 'the sims 4'
moved renamed folder back to program files

each time i changed something i tried to reload in admin and the new .exe file

Have i missed something blindingly obvious?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 16:49

Hi @CarterHall ,

As mentioned by SpriteProductionS, you should try to re-install back your EPs/game packs to the game. Always make sure that windows defender/anti-virus are turn OFF or you've excluded the files BEFORE downloading anything. Chances are, some files might get deleted during the download process and thus, unable to 'install' correctly.

Hi @racmozz ,

Is your error message the same? I'm curious about this:
What exactly did you move? The default installation path is Programs Files (x86)/Program Files -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 4. You should move that folder OUT from the EA folder. Also, the sims 4 deluxe edition, what is that folder exactly? Or did you name it beforehand?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 18:47

Um, sims 4 deluxe edition? is that from here? I have not had that description for any of my game installs. It has always been just the sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 14:50

Ageha wrote:Hi @CarterHall ,

As mentioned by SpriteProductionS, you should try to re-install back your EPs/game packs to the game. Always make sure that windows defender/anti-virus are turn OFF or you've excluded the files BEFORE downloading anything. Chances are, some files might get deleted during the download process and thus, unable to 'install' correctly.

Hi @racmozz ,

Is your error message the same? I'm curious about this:
What exactly did you move? The default installation path is Programs Files (x86)/Program Files -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 4. You should move that folder OUT from the EA folder. Also, the sims 4 deluxe edition, what is that folder exactly? Or did you name it beforehand?
Where do you have to move that folder to? I'm getting the same message today and I don't know why because I have installed these before multiple times with no problems whatsoever.

Really need some help. Did post my own thread but nobody has bothered to help or reply yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 20:22

Ageha wrote:Hi @CarterHall ,

After uninstall and re-install all the stuff, my game is running fine!

The cause of my troubles, perhaps, was the anti-virus. It's a critical point!

Thank you so much for your assistance folks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 21:12

If someone has the same problem, please read the topic in this link.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30423-really-really-really-need-some-help-solved

EDIT:
Glad to hear you've got it solved! Anti-virus can be really persistent (since they're basically doing their job lol)
Cheers~! Very Happy
Problem Solved; Topic Closed.
- Ageha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top