Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone else insanely bored of the sims 4, insanely quick?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is anyone else insanely bored of the sims 4, insanely quick? Empty Is anyone else insanely bored of the sims 4, insanely quick?

Post by Guest Sat 08 Nov 2014, 02:48

Make a family, get it down to 5 generations, specialize in skills, max careers, do events
Now im bored.
I tried waiting a while, and getting back in to it, but im just feeling it anymore. Anyone else feel like this?

Back to top Go down

Is anyone else insanely bored of the sims 4, insanely quick? Empty Re: Is anyone else insanely bored of the sims 4, insanely quick?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 08 Nov 2014, 02:58

ImJellyJellal wrote:Make a family, get it down to 5 generations, specialize in skills, max careers, do events
Now im bored.
I tried waiting a while, and getting back in to it, but im just feeling it anymore. Anyone else feel like this?

Hello and welcome,

As with all games, it depends on what you make of it. If you play for 8 or more hours straight (just an example figure) and test all game features immediately, then you cannot expect any game to be "fun".

I never get bored so quickly with games, simply because I never play for longer than 60 minutes in one session (per day). And I don't even play games every day, due to time constraints. Also, I'd prefer enjoying games, like good food or wine, and taking it "slow". For example, I'm still not even remotely bored with The Sims 3, although I've been playing it for over 2 years now. Can you believe that ?

Also keep in mind that The Sims 4 is a very incomplete game as of now and it needs lots of DLC and expansions to become more interesting. And no, personally, I'm not yet bored with Sims 4.

The Sims Plumbob 1
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Is anyone else insanely bored of the sims 4, insanely quick? Empty Re: Is anyone else insanely bored of the sims 4, insanely quick?

Post by Guest Sat 08 Nov 2014, 12:35

I agree with what Carlos said.

You've just probably been at it for too long. The reason people prefer The Sims 3 to The Sims 4 is because there was lots of expansions and stuff packs, among store content. The Sims 4 will have all this soon, it will just take some time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Nov 2014, 21:40

I got the game Sunday, and got the played for 24 hours acheivement today. I've basically used all my free time this week playing it. Still not bored haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 22:59

Well i guess some people are different than others. Smile
i didn't play it that much. I didn't actually get my copy from games4theworld, so i guess you could say i've been player it for a much longer amount of time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 23:04

Yeah, it depends on your gameplay.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 09 Nov 2014, 23:49

ImJellyJellal wrote:Well i guess some people are different than others. Smile
i didn't play it that much. I didn't actually get my copy from games4theworld, so i guess you could say i've been player it for a much longer amount of time.

I also got a legit "Limited Edition" copy of Sims 4, long before G4TW released the game. And I'm still not bored. Clearly, the way I "approach" games is quite different from many other people. 

The Sims Plumbob 1
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 23:57

Carlos wrote:
ImJellyJellal wrote:Well i guess some people are different than others. Smile

I also got a legit "Limited Edition" copy of Sims 4, long before G4TW released the game. And I'm still not bored. Clearly, the way I "approach" games is quite different from many other people. 

The Sims Plumbob 1

Yeah, I believe it comes to your gameplay.

If you only play a boring life, going to work eat, sleep, ect. ofcourse you'll find it boring.

You just gotta EXPLORE.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 10 Nov 2014, 00:08

LegendarySims wrote:
You just gotta EXPLORE.

Yes, that's basically what I tried doing so far: walking around the "neighborhood", as far as possible, and seeing what it has to offer. While my first impression about the game isn't too good, I'm still far from having "fully tested" the game (as a sidenote: how am I supposed to keep up with this forum, if I get bored too easily/quickly ? I always need to make things myself as interesting and challenging as possible). Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 00:20

Yeah, it is a big game to fully cover, and with extra expansions, it's even harder!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 21:35

If you have this problem of getting bored of The Sims so quickly, maybe it's because you played non-stop, my time to play TS varies from 1 - 2 hours then I have a stop do sth else, read a book, watch the TV anything I would like, so when you get back to play TS you don't feel annoyed! :p
I am in the same as Carlos, but I play more regularly.
So I hope you get playing The Sims 4 again! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 01:42

Been playing non-stop minus work and sleep :p Not even close to becoming bored. There is so much to do and so much more will become available when they release expansions and such. Do not give up on it too easily. You think TS4 is boring...? Try installing TS1 base game only then tell me what you think. But, then again...I was never bored with that either. I do not get bored with The Sims series.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 01:10

Actually, I got bored in the beggining, but now with the new updates, I think it's quite fun now Smile

Back to top Go down

Is anyone else insanely bored of the sims 4, insanely quick? Empty TS4 Has Potential

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 04:14

I agree with Carlos. A lot of people are getting bored with this game mainly because as soon as they got the game they tried everything out, figured out all cheats, and are now bored. But I think its just because we as simmers are just so grown on the sims 2 and 3 with expansions and so on. The sims 4 is great to its own extent, it just needs to be given a chance to prosper Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 17 Dec 2014, 21:23

Madam_Mayslee wrote:I agree with Carlos. A lot of people are getting bored with this game mainly because as soon as they got the game they tried everything out, figured out all cheats, and are now bored. But I think its just because we as simmers are just so grown on the sims 2 and 3 with expansions and so on. The sims 4 is great to its own extent, it just needs to be given a chance to prosper Hammertime

Yes, I'm not sure why "power-playing" (= playing games for many hours straight) is so popular nowadays. Is it because people simply don't have time and interest anymore to do things "regularly" ? Or does it also have to do with the seemingly shorter and shorter attention span, of more and more people (lol) ? 

Sounds cynical, OK. But I never liked the idea of playing many hours straight. People should learn to re-discover taking things "slow(er)".  

Haters gonna hate Cool  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 00:11

Sims 4 is so boring that I'm playing Sims 2 again...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Mar 2015, 22:38

Yes! I got bored incredibly quickly compared to sims 3 (which I can still play for hours). Sims 4 just seemed so mechanical and empty, I couldn't find much to explore and I couldn't get the illusion of life I felt in sims 1-3.

Actually I came to the forum today to see what people where saying about the gameplay, I was wondering if it was worth it to give it another go.

Of course people play differently but I don't think it's just the case of many expansions vs. no expansions. I remember enjoying sims 3 straight away.

Moreover, for me the creative aspect was very important, after having so much fun with CAS in sims 3 I just can't go back to the limited creative possibilities of sims 1,2 and now 4...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Mar 2015, 23:56

sluagh wrote:Yes! I got bored incredibly quickly compared to sims 3 (which I can still play for hours). Sims 4 just seemed so mechanical and empty, I couldn't find much to explore and I couldn't get the illusion of life I felt in sims 1-3.

Actually I came to the forum today to see what people where saying about the gameplay, I was wondering if it was worth it to give it another go.

Of course people play differently but I don't think it's just the case of many expansions vs. no expansions. I remember enjoying sims 3 straight away.

Moreover, for me the creative aspect was very important, after having so much fun with CAS in sims 3 I just can't go back to the limited creative possibilities of sims 1,2 and now 4...

Hello and welcome,

EA/Maxis wanted to make the game "accessible to players wither low(er)-end computers", too. And that is one aspect that played in the eventual making of Sims 4 as it is currently.

Let's hope that The Sims 5 is going to be better then...  WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 May 2015, 03:27

Hi,

I do agree with Carlos. I do play ts4 for couple day and feel bored. Right now I dont play because waiting for new expansion and update to make it more interesting.  Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 May 2015, 01:49

ImJellyJellal wrote:Make a family, get it down to 5 generations, specialize in skills, max careers, do events
Now im bored.

You must have been really bored to begin with if you played it that long.

It's The Sims 3 with a quarter as much stuff and twice as many bugs, of course it's boring...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 29 May 2015, 02:14

Anarchy wrote:
(...)

It's The Sims 3 with a quarter as much stuff and twice as many bugs, of course it's boring...

As for Sims 4, I'm a bit surprised EA hasn't (yet ?) decided to do something like those monthly "store updates", like in Sims 3 back then. But probably they will instead release more of those downsized expansions/stuffpacks - now called "free packs" or "game packs".

But without these "store items" Sims 3 would be much less fun, in my opinion. 

And yes, the "traditional" technical problems in Sims games are too well known to need further elaboration.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 May 2015, 15:05

Now im bored.

Why don't you add some stories with the game? So that you will not get be bored. 
Sims 4 is fun.
But I do respect your opinion. We have our own Opinions. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 May 2015, 15:59

Carlos wrote:As for Sims 4, I'm a bit surprised EA hasn't (yet ?) decided to do something like those monthly "store updates", like in Sims 3 back then. But probably they will instead release more of those downsized expansions/stuffpacks - now called "free packs" or "game packs".

And yes, the "traditional" technical problems in Sims games are too well known to need further elaboration.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?  

I was talking strictly about the base games, since everything else comes down to the size of your pockets, which in my case aren't very deep. The Sims 4 lacks pretty much every major (or even remotely big) feature The Sims 2 and 3 brought to the series.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 May 2015, 18:35

Anarchy wrote:
Carlos wrote:As for Sims 4, I'm a bit surprised EA hasn't (yet ?) decided to do something like those monthly "store updates", like in Sims 3 back then. But probably they will instead release more of those downsized expansions/stuffpacks - now called "free packs" or "game packs".

I was talking strictly about the base games, since everything else comes down to the size of your pockets, which in my case aren't very deep. The Sims 4 lacks pretty much every major (or even remotely big) feature The Sims 2 and 3 brought to the series.

And they always say that why some Major Features are not in The Sims 4 is because of the "Emotions"
I don't know why would they add it if some major features are not in The Sims 4? 
I Really don't care about the emotions, What I care is the "Life" gameplay, Not the Emotion Gameplay. I care about the Life stages, not the emotions. And Fine, I Love how Sims 4 was made but really it lacks some of the major feature that what made The Sims 3 base game look better than The Sims 4 base game. But I do agree that more updates and EPs, SPs and GPs will arrive soon.
It lacks some minor features (That I like to get it back):
1. Sleeping Animations - Sims only in one Position in a bed? Doesn't look realistic.
2. Burned Food cause of low cooking skill - Look EA I don't care about how it taste, I care about how it looks. Duh. 
3. Teen Height - Doesn't Look really realistic too, Unless they add Too Tall Height and Too Small Height.
4. Healthy Children - Sims 3 has more healthy children compared to The Sims 4. Look at the Difference. 
5. More Romantic Sims - Haven't you noticed that when you do the Passionate Kiss Interaction, they don't look like kissing? (Because of their freaking nose)
6. Fears - Why won't they get it back? 

But Sims look noobs, I promise. They are not smart, They look noobs. (IDK but just what I saw about Sims)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 May 2015, 21:19

Emotions are nothing new. I'm pretty sure they existed in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 as well (maybe The Sims as well, don't remember). Difference is The Sims 3 and 3 didn't display a big colorful text or a "new" interaction for every emotion. I say "new" because the only thing new about them is the option itself, The Sims 4 features 1 animation for every 10 interactions.

Body sculpting, also a big "new" feature in The Sims 4 is really just the absence of sliders, doesn't really improve anything, actually makes it more tedious if you ask me, since I have no idea what dragging a certain bodypart will do to it. I don't know whether they did this because it was easier than implementing a slider interface or simply because they wanted to reinvent the wheel for no particular reason, but it's still pretty dumb.

I believe multi-tasking was also something they kept boasting about pre-release. This one actually existed in it's proper form in The Sims 2 and 3, it was only slightly improved in The Sims 4. The key word being "slightly".

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top