Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uninstalling Sims 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uninstalling Sims 4 Empty Uninstalling Sims 4

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 02:00

Hi!

I was in the middle of uninstalling the Sims 4 (I have games4theworld torrent version) and ran into a problem.  A message popped up: "Could not update the ini file C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\RldOrigin.ini.  Verify that the file exists and that you can access it." And it gave me the option to either "Retry" or "Cancel", pressing Retry doesn't do anything (b/c there's no file) and Cancel would only cancel the uninstall.  Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Uninstalling Sims 4 Empty Re: Uninstalling Sims 4

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 02:15

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

What you need to do is navigate to that exact location (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin) and delete the RldOrigin.ini file. That should let you continue with the un-installation.

If I may ask, what made you uninstall your game? If you are getting any error, maybe we can try to help you with that. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 02:22

Hi SeoY!

Thanks for the tip, and super fast response, it worked!

I forgot to add it into the exception list on my anti virus scanner, so it deleted the main game file. Going to re-install it now, thank you so much  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 02:30

dt2 wrote:Hi SeoY!

Thanks for the tip, and super fast response, it worked!

I forgot to add it into the exception list on my anti virus scanner, so it deleted the main game file. Going to re-install it now, thank you so much  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Glad to hear that!

For the future though, if any files get deleted by your antivirus, there's no need to completely uninstall and reinstall the game. Simply applying the Ultimate Fix would be enough. You can get it from here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

If you encounter any other issues, put them here so we can try and help you. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top