Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't change default location

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't change default location Empty Can't change default location

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 17:31

Hi all, i have a problem. 
I have read your recommend that we should not change default installation folder but i need to change it because i only have 10gb on C and 300gb on D WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
So during installation i chose D:\Program Files \Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\
but when installation is finished it was still on C not D like I chose, first  I thought I did something wrong so i try it againt but its still the same WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
Do you know what to do?

Back to top Go down

Can't change default location Empty Re: Can't change default location

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 17:36

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Sorry,  due to an issue with our custom installer a lot of people are having problems with the drive the game will be installed in. This may be fixed in the future, but right now you could have it installed in the C: drive. Any updates on that we'll let you know, don't worry. 

Sorry about that again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 17:42

Ok thank you SeoY  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 18:22

FairyNS wrote:Ok thank you SeoY  Wink

You're very welcome! Very Happy

Anything else we can help you with at the moment?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 12 Nov 2014, 13:25

FairyNS wrote:Hi all, i have a problem. 
I have read your recommend that we should not change default installation folder but i need to change it because i only have 10gb on C and 300gb on D WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
So during installation i chose D:\Program Files \Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\
but when installation is finished it was still on C not D like I chose, first  I thought I did something wrong so i try it againt but its still the same WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
Do you know what to do?

You will need free space anyway on C:, not only for the savefiles of The Sims 4 and any mods/CC, but also for the computer to run properly. Now...there is this here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17437-redirecting-the-username-folder-the-sims-3-to-a-different-location

I wrote this topic for the Sims 3 (and in particular about the folder "The Sims 3", containing the mods/CC/savefiles and such), but you can apply that procedure to any folder basically. So in your case, the folder "The Sims 4", located in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts.

Basically this is a theoretical outline of how to "trick" the computer into believing that a folder is in a particular place, when in fact, the folder is somewhere else. It should work for any folder, basically.

But beware, this procedure is not so easy to do, and personally, I can't even recommend it actually, if you don't feel confident enough at this point. But if you ever want to give it a try, go ahead.

Good luck. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 22:13

:$: when I saw the third step I gave up. Very Happy It's ok for now, it can stay on C. Only if expansion come I will have a problem. WhatDidUJustCallMe? I was dumb enough to put 50gb od C and 450 on D so now i need everything to be on D WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 13 Nov 2014, 23:52

FairyNS wrote::$: when I saw the third step I gave up. Very Happy It's ok for now, it can stay on C. Only if expansion come I will have a problem. WhatDidUJustCallMe? I was dumb enough to put 50gb od C and 450 on D so now i need everything to be on D WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Yes, as I said, it's not so easy to do, this procedure of "tricking" the computer. 

I don't know why people "partition" their hard-drives; this is only relevant if you have more than one hard-drive in your computer. But if you have just one hard-drive, this is totally unnecessary for most "daily usages".

And of course, giving only 50 GB to the C: drive isn't very good either. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  Sorry, but try starting over: save all your important data to a safe place (external hard-drive, for example). And then please re-format and remove all those "partitions" again. When you re-install Windows.

That's the best thing I can suggest now, sorry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top