Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to change location of sims 4 setup its default to c nd i wnt to change it to D ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to change location of sims 4 setup its default to c nd i wnt to change it to D ?? Empty How to change location of sims 4 setup its default to c nd i wnt to change it to D ??

Post by Guest Wed 12 Aug 2015, 12:31

How to change location of sims 4 setup its default to c nd i wnt to change it to D ??

Back to top Go down

How to change location of sims 4 setup its default to c nd i wnt to change it to D ?? Empty Re: How to change location of sims 4 setup its default to c nd i wnt to change it to D ??

Post by Guest Wed 12 Aug 2015, 15:44

Hi there, @maherx70! Very Happy

Unfortunately, due to a bug in our installer, you can't change the location before installing the game. But it's possible to change it after it's been installed, following this guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19572-how-to-move-the-sims-4-to-another-partition-after-installation-fix#

The best thing you could do, if you don't have enough space in C:, is to temporarily move some things to make space for The Sims 4 and then change it's location after it's installed.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

How to change location of sims 4 setup its default to c nd i wnt to change it to D ?? Empty :(

Post by Guest Wed 12 Aug 2015, 17:24

SeoY wrote:Hi there, @maherx70! Very Happy

Unfortunately, due to a bug in our installer, you can't change the location before installing the game. But it's possible to change it after it's been installed, following this guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19572-how-to-move-the-sims-4-to-another-partition-after-installation-fix#

The best thing you could do, if you don't have enough space in C:, is to temporarily move some things to make space for The Sims 4 and then change it's location after it's installed.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!
HU seoy Wink Smile  i dnt hve space in C thts why Sad now wht to do ? i hve delete sme things but still space in c is 817 mb Sad ?????

Back to top Go down

How to change location of sims 4 setup its default to c nd i wnt to change it to D ?? Empty Re: How to change location of sims 4 setup its default to c nd i wnt to change it to D ??

Post by Guest Wed 12 Aug 2015, 23:45

maherx70 wrote:HU seoy Wink Smile  i dnt hve space in C thts why Sad now wht to do ? i hve delete sme things but still space in c is 817 mb Sad ?????

I see. In the link there's also an alternate method without the need to clear space in the C: drive. But please read all of the instructions (and the red warning below) very carefully. It could be dangerous to do, but if you follow the instructions and take precautions everything should go alright.

Let us know if you are going to try it, and good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top