Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cant connect to Gallery

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cant connect to Gallery Empty Cant connect to Gallery

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 20:04

I've seen the other threads. I've tried 5 times to connect to the gallery and it just isnt working for me. I've tried running it as admin. I've connected to Origin and left it up in the background. I need some assistance.

Back to top Go down

Cant connect to Gallery Empty Re: Cant connect to Gallery

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 21:03

Hi there! Smile

Just as a general question, are Origin and The Sims 4 installed in the same drive?

It would help us a lot if you gave us more details about what exactly is happening. Do you always see the RLD! username at the top right when you try connecting? Or does your username appear, but it won't allow you to connect?

And is Origin able to go online? If it's blocked by the firewall, then you won't be able to connect to the Gallery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 21:21

No, they're not installed in the same drive. I'm sorry I'm not too sure what that means. I had origin installed before TS4. It says RLD instead of my username and I have Microsoft Security Essentials. I;m not too sure how to let them know that the program is safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 21:37

lcshellbell wrote:No, they're not installed in the same drive. I'm sorry I'm not too sure what that means. I had origin installed before TS4. It says RLD instead of my username and I have Microsoft Security Essentials. I;m not too sure how to let them know that the program is safe.

Installed in the same drive means that they are both in C, for example. The Sims 4 is having problems at the moment with the installation in a different drive, so it should be in C. Is Origin in that same drive, or in another 'letter'? You should also make sure that Origin is allowed to connect to the internet, the same as The Sims 4. You can check that in your Firewall settings.

In Windows Security Essentials, you have to look in Settings for something called 'Exceptions', or 'Exclusions'. It may be called 'Excluded files and locations'. There, you add the game install locations with all of the subfolders.

Did you already download the updated Ultimate Fix? The one that contains the Pool update. If you did, try re-applying it.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 21:44

yes theyre installed in the same drive. origin is installed under Program Files (x86). I excluded the entire Sims 4 file under Microsoft Security Essentials. The only drive I have is the C drive.

//EDIT

I also allowed them through my firewall in the firewall settings. I downloaded the latest fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 10 Nov 2014, 21:50

lcshellbell wrote:yes theyre installed in the same drive. origin is installed under Program Files (x86). I excluded the entire Sims 4 file under Microsoft Security Essentials. The only drive I have is the C drive.

Try "connecting" to that gallery later then. Actually, it's miraculous enough that this feature even works in that cracked game. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 22:01

tried connecting still no bueno.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top