Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RldOrigin.dll Safe? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RldOrigin.dll Safe? [SOLVED] Empty RldOrigin.dll Safe? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 05:18

Hi, I am updating the game to the new version (1.2.16.10)
My Norton keeps removing it and says its a high risk threat. I'm going to exclude it and bring it back but I'm a little scared.
I just want to make sure before I exclude it from my virus protection that it is not virus (I'm not saying it was put there on purpose, I trust G4TW, but this is the first thing from G4TW that my Norton says is a virus. Want to make sure its not a mistake) 

Thank you soo much for your time.

Back to top Go down

RldOrigin.dll Safe? [SOLVED] Empty Re: RldOrigin.dll Safe? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 05:23

Hi there! Very Happy

There's no need to worry about that. The warning you are getting is called a "false positive", a completely harmless file that is detected as a threat by your antivirus program. It's pretty common with game cracks, and specially with software from Symantec (Norton, for example). You should actually add all of the Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder to that exclusion list, to prevent Norton from deleting any other important files. They are all safe, we can guarantee that. Wink

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 05:29

SeoY wrote:Hi there! Very Happy

There's no need to worry about that. The warning you are getting is called a "false positive", a completely harmless file that is detected as a threat by your antivirus program. It's pretty common with game cracks, and specially with software from Symantec (Norton, for example). You should actually add all of the Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder to that exclusion list, to prevent Norton from deleting any other important files. They are all safe, we can guarantee that. Wink

Good luck!

oh! That's awesome! I can continue playing now. I have added the Sims 4 folder to my exclusion list but I will double check after after I update the game. Thanks again  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Nov 2014, 05:38

chibimunchi wrote:oh! That's awesome! I can continue playing now. I have added the Sims 4 folder to my exclusion list but I will double check after after I update the game. Thanks again  Smile

You're very welcome! Wink

So, is your game working fine now? Or is there anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Nov 2014, 19:13

The game is working fine. I have the update and I have no problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Nov 2014, 19:48

chibimunchi wrote:The game is working fine. I have the update and I have no problems.

That's good to know. I'll go ahead and close the topic then. Should you have any other questions or issues, be sure to come back. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top