Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pirating Expansion Packs with Legit Version

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pirating Expansion Packs with Legit Version Empty Pirating Expansion Packs with Legit Version

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 16:24

Hey guys! This is not a problem, just a question. I was wondering, would I be able to pirate the (future) expansion packs onto my legit copy of the game? I bought it legit because I really hadn't been to experienced with torrenting before and I was too afraid of viruses. After I helped my friends who didnt want to pay the pricy cost of the game through piratebay, I was thinking to myself if I really wanted to pay for an expansion pack that will probably be in around the 35euro range. Is it possible to pirate the expansions, onto a legit copy? If not, do I need to uninstall the legit copy and then install the base version by GFTW?

Back to top Go down

Pirating Expansion Packs with Legit Version Empty Re: Pirating Expansion Packs with Legit Version

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 16:30

Hello SoneSimmer qnd welcome to G4TW!
I am afraid it will be the second solution.
We do not yet have a good idea of how expansions will work, but seeing as EA is starting with Origin, it would seem obvious their expansions are linked to Origin too.

I'm afraid this answer is not 100% certain as long as we do not have more information about the next expansions...

Back to top Go down

Pirating Expansion Packs with Legit Version Empty Re: Pirating Expansion Packs with Legit Version

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Nov 2014, 18:54

SoneSimmer wrote:Hey guys! This is not a problem, just a question. I was wondering, would I be able to pirate the (future) expansion packs onto my legit copy of the game? I bought it legit because I really hadn't been to experienced with torrenting before and I was too afraid of viruses. After I helped my friends who didnt want to pay the pricy cost of the game through piratebay, I was thinking to myself if I really wanted to pay for an expansion pack that will probably be in around the 35euro range. Is it possible to pirate the expansions, onto a legit copy? If not, do I need to uninstall the legit copy and then install the base version by GFTW?

Hello,

As blunt as it sounds, you should have either waited a little while with buying the game; or gone for a pirated version straight away and informed yourself too. Because by the time you helped your friends, you obviously have learned already "how" to torrent stuff. 

If your intention is to pirate future expansions, then you probably won't be able to add them to your legit game, as Shamrock said. The game needs Origin to run. If you try adding a pirated expansion to your legit game, the pirated expansion won't be detected. Or you will be asked for a serial number.

I'm sorry to say that, but ultimately you probably threw out a lot of money for that base game; it's extremely expensive, and you can bet that new expansions will cost at least 40-45 Euros. 

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014, 16:50

SoneSimmer wrote:Hey guys! This is not a problem, just a question. I was wondering, would I be able to pirate the (future) expansion packs onto my legit copy of the game? I bought it legit because I really hadn't been to experienced with torrenting before and I was too afraid of viruses. After I helped my friends who didnt want to pay the pricy cost of the game through piratebay, I was thinking to myself if I really wanted to pay for an expansion pack that will probably be in around the 35euro range. Is it possible to pirate the expansions, onto a legit copy? If not, do I need to uninstall the legit copy and then install the base version by GFTW?
i had a legit copy of the sims 3 as well (digital download from origin) and i downloaded the expansion packs, I'm not sure if the sims4 will be the same

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top