Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updating Legit Version Of Sims 4 With Cracked Expansion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updating Legit Version Of Sims 4 With Cracked Expansion Empty Updating Legit Version Of Sims 4 With Cracked Expansion

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 11:24

hey,

i have a legit version of the sims 4 and have been waiting for the 'get to work' expansion for a while, it has been cracked and i am downloading it as we speak, i never planned on buying the expansion; just like the sims 3, i had a legit version and all the cracked expansions. so i really don't know if i should go ahead with this, will i be able to update my game with the cracked expansions? i know i wont be able to go online. will i have to apply a crack to my game and my purchase of the sims 4 will just become a waste of money? 
i hope you can answer these questions ! Very Happy Help

Back to top Go down

Updating Legit Version Of Sims 4 With Cracked Expansion Empty Re: Updating Legit Version Of Sims 4 With Cracked Expansion

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 13:03

Hi arran!

Yes ! The Legit base game of Sims 4 will work with the GTW cracked version!
I have Outdoor Retreat DLC cracked version installed to legit version too!
You just need to close Origin first before you run the game! Smile

Back to top Go down

Updating Legit Version Of Sims 4 With Cracked Expansion Empty Re: Updating Legit Version Of Sims 4 With Cracked Expansion

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 14:28

arran987654321 wrote:hey,

i have a legit version of the sims 4 and have been waiting for the 'get to work' expansion for a while, it has been cracked and i am downloading it as we speak, i never planned on buying the expansion; just like the sims 3, i had a legit version and all the cracked expansions. so i really don't know if i should go ahead with this, will i be able to update my game with the cracked expansions? i know i wont be able to go online. will i have to apply a crack to my game and my purchase of the sims 4 will just become a waste of money? 

Hi there, @arran987654321, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Yes, the Get to Work EP is compatible with the legit base game. The thing is: TS4 doesn't work as TS3 used to. Now there are a little bit more problems regarding the DLC and legit base game. But still, they are compatible.
And no, you won't be able to update your game and keep the cracked DLC. If you update the game, the crack will be broken, and you will again only be able to open The Sims 4 from Origin, effectively removing all of the Packs that are included in our release.
You will be able to go Online in the cracked game, but with some restrictions. For example, you can only access the Gallery from the Main Menu of the game. More information regarding that here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4

And well, I'm not exactly sure if it will be a 'waste of money', but you'll be left with the same situation as the complete cracked game. You may never worry about being locked out of the Gallery, though, as you have a legit base game. We are hoping that doesn't happen, but who knows what the future holds.

I hope I was able to answer your questions successfully. If you have any other ones, don't doubt to post them here. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 15:37

SeoY wrote:
arran987654321 wrote:hey,

Hi there, @arran987654321, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Yes, the Get to Work EP is compatible with the legit base game. The thing is: TS4 doesn't work as TS3 used to. Now there are a little bit more problems regarding the DLC and legit base game. But still, they are compatible.
And no, you won't be able to update your game and keep the cracked DLC. If you update the game, the crack will be broken, and you will again only be able to open The Sims 4 from Origin, effectively removing all of the Packs that are included in our release.
You will be able to go Online in the cracked game, but with some restrictions. For example, you can only access the Gallery from the Main Menu of the game. More information regarding that here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4

And well, I'm not exactly sure if it will be a 'waste of money', but you'll be left with the same situation as the complete cracked game. You may never worry about being locked out of the Gallery, though, as you have a legit base game. We are hoping that doesn't happen, but who knows what the future holds.

I hope I was able to answer your questions successfully. If you have any other ones, don't doubt to post them here. Wink
thank you! i think im just going to go ahead with it; what will i do about updates though? will you provide them as-well as a crack? if i did open the sims 4 with origin it would break my save and expansions, right? thank you again Dedicated to Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 18:25

arran987654321 wrote:thank you! i think im just going to go ahead with it; what will i do about updates though? will you provide them as-well as a crack? if i did open the sims 4 with origin it would break my save and expansions, right? thank you again Dedicated to Carlos

Regarding the updates, we'll try to provide all of them in a timely manner. But we may skip some 'smaller' ones, we don't really know. There's more information about that here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18078-a-note-on-game-updates-of-g4tw-s-the-sims-4-releases

Until now, I think we have just skipped one of the patches. And it was a minor one, fixing some Mac issues. But the rest of them we have provided.

About Origin, opening the game with it running in the background will remove the DLC from the game. And if you enter one of your Saves and save, then it may get broken. So, yeah, you should be careful about that. There's also more information about that in this topic:

Please, do let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top