Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to share created houses?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to share created houses? Empty How to share created houses?

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014, 19:58

Hello G4TW community is there any way to share your created houses in TS4?
If there is, could help me with this?
Ty and if have anymore questions I will post here!

Back to top Go down

How to share created houses? Empty Re: How to share created houses?

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014, 23:28

Hi there, ANDREWjkl! Very Happy And Happy Birthday!  Happy B-day!

Yes, you can share your created houses using the Gallery, or sharing the files themselves. If you want to use the Gallery, you need to go to Build Mode in the house you are want to share, and click on the Save to My Library button on the bar at the top. Here:

How to share created houses? Screen10

Click on it, and select on the Save Lot option.

How to share created houses? Screen11

This should give you a screen where you can directly upload it to the Gallery, at the lower left, or you can save it to your Library first, at the lower right.
If you save it to your Library first, you can look for the Lot on there, click on it, and select the Share to the Gallery option at the lower left now. Here:

How to share created houses? Screen11

Now you can share it through the Gallery, and can be searched either by your username, or a tag (#) you put to it in the Description. Wink

NOTE: If you are using G4TW version of the game, keep in mind that if you do the saving to the Library process in Offline Mode it will make the Lot appear to be made by RLD!, and won't let you share it to the Gallery when you go Online unless you make it so it appears as made by "you". I describe that in the end of my guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4

You can always save it again when you are Online so it appears made by "you", and then share it to the Gallery as normal.

If you don't want to use the Gallery, then you'll have to share the files themselves. Save the lot to your Library as the previous guide, normally. Then, go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray, and sort the files by Date Modified. You'll find several of them with the same date and time. For example:

How to share created houses? Screen12

Those are the files from one of the Lots I saved. See that there are several of them. Now, if you want to share that item, you'll need to take ALL of them, put them in a New Folder, and add the folder to a RAR file (to make it easier). Finally, you'll have to upload that RAR file somewhere and share it, making sure that the one that will receive it knows that those files need to be put in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray folder to work.

I hope that I was clear enough in the guide. And of course, if you have more questions, be sure to ask them. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 02:14

Ty so much! ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top